PDA

View Full Version : Handbrake not working

NegSpec13
08-05-2015, 16:43
Hey there

Hope I'm posting in the right place. For some strange reason when I tap the handbrake in game nothing happens. I'm on Xbox One and using a controller.

Maybe I have the brake mapped to the wrong button but I don't think so. By default it should be "A" right?

Sir Green Day
08-05-2015, 16:54
From what I've read, only using the hand brake on certain cars will produce feedback. Sound etc.

If this is true its crazy, but from all the threads, it does appear to be the case.

Very weird.

NegSpec13
08-05-2015, 17:04
I don't understand why that would be so, it doesn't make any sense.

I discovered the problem on my initial run in the Mustang Boss trying to slide my way round a corner on the Pacific Coast Highway.

Max Kelly
08-05-2015, 18:56
if the car has the handbrake in real life, it will also have in the game.

SpeedFreakDTM
08-05-2015, 19:42
if the car has the handbrake in real life, it will also have in the game.

Yeah, there is a handbrake, but it doesnt brake the rear wheels. It seems to work the same as the clutch.

The hand brake, or e brake for the Americans, locks the rear wheels. Neither the handbrake or the clutch do that, so Im guessing its a missing line of code.

Apad Fasza
09-05-2015, 22:23
Hello!
I checked PS4, Xbox One, and PC none of them have handbrake!
I tried BMW this car HAVE handbrake in a real life!
I tried more cars none of them have handbrake!

Any ideas guys?

Noubbe
15-05-2015, 17:43
Like stated above some have them some don't, I use the bmw 1 series M coupe as well as the Mercedes-Benz sls amg .......( both have working hand brakes ) just get in and try the cars to see which ones work

Casey Ringley
15-05-2015, 17:45
Both the BMW 1M and SLS AMG have working handbrake. Watch the brake temperature in HUD telemetry when using it to see the effect. We can make them stronger if need be, but they're not broken/disabled.

TMoney
15-05-2015, 17:49
Well the handbrakes should technically lock the rear wheels in the cars that have it. I don't know since I don't have a button mapped to it. Not normally something used in circuit racing.

Max Kelly
15-05-2015, 18:21
We can make them stronger if need be, but they're not broken/disabled.It could be useful