PDA

View Full Version : Not enough buttons for in race settings

HewisLamilton6
08-05-2015, 16:44
All my buttons are used and i can't do name of the options i want.

IE brake balance, move seat, move view, and many of the other options.

Any one work out a way around this as there is only so many buttons available to pre load the settings?

Alan Dallas
08-05-2015, 16:49
Platform? Controller Type?

ThreeAngryOwls
08-05-2015, 16:50
Same with me. Xbox One, Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider wheel. Some buttons HAVE to be bound, such as handbrake, look back, gears, KERS etc, despite many of us not using any of these features.

Ch1ps N Queso
08-05-2015, 16:51
Only way this will ever work on console is if the directional pad was used to access a menu of options. Scroll up/down to get to Hud, Motec, Lap Info, Head Lights, Wiper, Pit Options, Etc, Etc. Scroll Right/Left to adjust.

Don't think it's going to happen.

ThreeAngryOwls
08-05-2015, 16:56
Only way this will ever work on console is if the directional pad was used to access a menu of options. Scroll up/down to get to Hud, Motec, Lap Info, Head Lights, Wiper, Pit Options, Etc, Etc. Scroll Right/Left to adjust.

Don't think it's going to happen.

Alternatively, they can just not force certain settings on us. For example, why MUST I have KERS bound to a button, or handbrake? I've never used either of those because I do touring racing. They're using up buttons that I could use for something more useful.

The purpose of having rebindable buttons is to make it more accessible to players. If that's the case, why then is the developers deciding for us what we must have bound?

Ch1ps N Queso
08-05-2015, 16:59
Alternatively, they can just not force certain settings on us. For example, why MUST I have KERS bound to a button, or handbrake? I've never used either of those because I do touring racing. They're using up buttons that I could use for something more useful.

The purpose of having rebindable buttons is to make it more accessible to players. If that's the case, why then is the developers deciding for us what we must have bound?

I agree. That said, even if they afford us the ability to use those buttons for something else we're still left with 10+ other things we can't do. Directional Pad usage is the only way to allow console users a complete experience. Until then, we're f'd.

ThreeAngryOwls
08-05-2015, 17:00
I agree. That said, even if they afford us the ability to use those buttons for something else we're still left with 10+ other things we can't do. Directional Pad usage is the only way to allow console users a complete experience. Until then, we're f'd.

True. It would be nice to have some kind of dial. :)

GenBrien
08-05-2015, 17:07
sirously I hope it's not true because the way I'm playing for the last 8 months on my Xbox1 controller is:

padU:headlight
padD:wipers
padL:Hud
padR:lapinfo
X:shiftD
A:shiftU
Y:look back
B:change view
L1:kers
L3:Pit
R1: DRS
R3:MOTEC

I don't need anything else and don't want anything else....

Sadly I can't test before next week when the game will be available in NA...

Mahjik
08-05-2015, 17:19
http://www.derekspearedesigns.com/2014-black-max-ii.html

;)

ThreeAngryOwls
08-05-2015, 17:47
Does this work with the Xbox One?

HewisLamilton6
08-05-2015, 18:09
PS4, T300RS, as has been stated bellow, you are bound to use certain buttons. EG Kers, look behind, handbrake. I dont use hand brake, i would rather use look left or right or move seat!