PDA

View Full Version : Karts: Is it only me or...

Drew1405
08-05-2015, 16:56
...are the karts handling screwed up? Maybe it's just me and I'm doing something wrong but it seems impossible to race these karts in career mode yet in normal cars I can race fine! No matter what you do the karts just don't want to corner most of the time. The other racers fly round corners but when I take the same line my kart just totally under-steers!

Sir Green Day
08-05-2015, 16:58
If you've read the forums, you'll see tons of complaints about karts.

It appears that most people find the kart handling VERY glitchy.

NegSpec13
08-05-2015, 16:59
Same here dude so I gave up on them for now and moved on to Clio Cup, much better.

Drew1405
08-05-2015, 17:13
I was searching through for info on karts and couldn't find any but at least I know it's not just me then thankfully! :)

LeveQ
08-05-2015, 17:15
They're weird, but ok I guess....

You have to be on the power for a kart to turn, so yeah, don't coast. You can be super aggressive on turn in as well, don't be afraid to just throw it in there and power out.

Sankyo
08-05-2015, 17:15
Please indicate what platform and what controller, it helps enormously for finding solutions for problems.

Ensi Ferrum
08-05-2015, 17:21
No Problems on my side with the Karts. They are pure fun :-)
btw, on PC with a Fanatec GT3RS V2 and CSP.

Fuzzynuts
08-05-2015, 17:28
The karts on xbox1 is almost impossible to drive but as its only just come out these things can be fixed very quickly I have to save I have been playing this game for 2 years as I am friends with a tester that helped make this game happen and I am in complete ore of this game so much so I traded in my forza collection I can this being the best racing sim and can only get better

Drew1405
08-05-2015, 17:34
Don't get me wrong I absolutely love this game and it kicks Forza's backside but just the karts were a let down so hope they are fixed at some point. Can race fine in other cars. I am on Xbox One and standard controller.

Sankyo
08-05-2015, 17:35
The karts on xbox1 is almost impossible to drive but as its only just come out these things can be fixed very quickly I have to save I have been playing this game for 2 years as I am friends with a tester that helped make this game happen and I am in complete ore of this game so much so I traded in my forza collection I can this being the best racing sim and can only get better
XBox1 controller issues are being investigated right now.

WobblyCaptain
08-05-2015, 17:39
I found the karts a handful at first and the circuits with lots of corners made it very fast and interesting I am now just getting use to the karts and sort of liking them :-)

theredshore
08-05-2015, 17:41
i raced go karts similar to the first go karts, they are very nimble, easy to drive and fun, the go karts in this(at least the first) handle like a train, i enjoy the second go karts somewhat, but they are a bit twitchy at times

to clarify Superkarts good for the most part, the ones before them handle like a oil tanker, painful to race imo, i will stick to my nimble smooth handling go kart

spidergod
08-05-2015, 17:53
On PC version and yeah karts can be fiddly, I seem to get 4th or 3rd place in the campaign and cannot seem to get any higher :(
The East track is the worst, I enjoy the West track better.

paulr
08-05-2015, 18:01
They take a bit of getting use too. I`ve finished my 3rd championship in career mode on 80% AI difficulty and I came top in most races using a PS4 controller and just reducing the controller settings in the options.
Downside was when I finished with karts and tried an invitational race in a RUF I couldnt keep the thing on the track , it wouldnt turn quick enough. Took a couple of attempts and then I was ok.

LeveQ
08-05-2015, 18:03
On 100% difficulty I lap the whole field in less than 15 laps... AI in karts is slow... They were very slow in FRookie as well.

One tip, try putting the weight bias to like 57% in setup.

Snipeuout
08-05-2015, 18:51
It takes a bit of getting used to. They are very fast, and they stop quick too however they will understeer badly and if you don't setup the corner up properly your toast. You really have to be slow in fast out. Great thing about karts is you don't have to worry about weight transfer, so going from hard braking to steering is quick! The kart tracks are also very tight.

Joris GvK
08-05-2015, 19:25
One tip, try putting the weight bias to like 57% in setup.

Thanks for the tip !!

SpeedFreakDTM
08-05-2015, 19:35
XBox1 controller issues are being investigated right now.

There is another problem with the steering. To see this,:

1: stop your car, (any car)
2: move camera view so you can see your front wheels.
3: Slowly turn left or right untill your car shows FULL LOCK.

You will find, that you have hardly moved the thumbstick.

The only time any car should be at full lock is when my controller is pushed to the extreme left, or the extreme right. All of the travel of my thumbstick should equate to some angle of steering on the car.

Its like the game doesn't know the extremes of the various steering axis on the Xbox One controller.

Please fix this ASAP, along with the issues mentioned above. I want control of how much steering im doing. Right now, i've got more control of the steering using the D-pad.

paulr
08-05-2015, 20:41
Everyone should try Super Karts on the HockenheimRing, absolutely fantastic fun. Lots of long straights and easy corners. Turn off all the hud and play from the helmet view. You can almost smell the petrol fumes.

DRiVEandRiDE TV
08-05-2015, 21:31
...are the karts handling screwed up? Maybe it's just me and I'm doing something wrong but it seems impossible to race these karts in career mode yet in normal cars I can race fine! No matter what you do the karts just don't want to corner most of the time. The other racers fly round corners but when I take the same line my kart just totally under-steers!

The karts were very glitchy for me at the start. However after a bit of practise I found it a bit easier. But, only a bit. They were so frustrating! If you could get the right line, it was sometimes okay. But the steering would not turn enough. I thought it was just me at first.

MaXKiLLz
08-05-2015, 23:04
You will find, that you have hardly moved the thumbstick.

If you're not using a wheel, you really can't complain. What can you expect from a thumbstick that has less than 1 inch of travel in either direction. Please get yourself a wheel and you'll have a much better time.

Francorchamps
09-05-2015, 00:05
I love the karts. When I started my career I also had problems handling them but then I changed the settings of the controller and now the drive awesome. But when I now switch to Formula A I can't seem to handle those anymore. I guess different classes need different controller settings?

Snipeuout
09-05-2015, 07:12
I love the karts. When I started my career I also had problems handling them but then I changed the settings of the controller and now the drive awesome. But when I now switch to Formula A I can't seem to handle those anymore. I guess different classes need different controller settings?

What wheel do you have and how did you set it up?

I find that the FFB isn't translating to loss of grip.

Anyways I just got 11th place in my first season at 75% difficulty. I wish the events had a practice option, most of the time I didn't know what was coming up.

slovoflud
09-05-2015, 09:14
I find Karts pretty fun, actually.

What I do is turn up FFB to around 50 (I do it for all cars) and turn down break sensitivity all the way down, that way it's possible to control your breaking. (T300RS, stock pedals)

Teljam
09-05-2015, 09:27

Would love for you to post up your controller settings for the standard xbox one controller on karts please.

spidergod
10-05-2015, 10:17
Would love for you to post up your controller settings for the standard xbox one controller on karts please.

I would love to see that as well.

Pirategenius
10-05-2015, 10:22
I had issues with kart handling on PS4. I mucked around with controller settings until I found something that works ok. It's not great but I can race with it. Also I noticed the handling changes with the view your using. If I'm in helmet cam any car I'm in will not turn! But in internal view it turns in fine

spidergod
10-05-2015, 11:10
Changed to Mode 2 and made sure weight bias was set to 57% (this is pc version, xbox 360 controller), now have won 2 races.
Before on Mode 3 and weight bias not changed was coming 4th or 5th.

joep87
10-05-2015, 13:25
It's funny, karts are the only thing I seem to be able to drive at all so far! Managed to get first in the 125 and superkart championships with no assists & a.i. at 70, using a t330rs/t3pa on ps4. Totally hopeless with every other class of car right now!

Sparky28
10-05-2015, 13:35
i find karts good fun and being an ex karter there pretty true to real life