PDA

View Full Version : H-shifter setup

Vilonosec
08-05-2015, 17:03
Hello, i got problem with fanatec h-shifter (clubsport one) setup. Maybe someone could help.

So i'm on PC, wheel is fanatec csr with clubsport shifter and pedals. Shifter is connected to wheel.

Shifter has 2 modes - H pattern and sequential. So 1 and 2nd gears are the same buttons as shift up and down in sequential mode. Plus i have paddles on wheel... which i'd also like to work.

Now i try to make this work properly.
In settings if i assign 1-7 gears to h-pattern, i can't use sequential mode, because it's same buttons.
If i use shifter in sequential mode and assign to shift up/down - i can't use paddles, because i can only assign one button to one function.

So every time i want to drive a car with different gearbox i have to go to settings and change everything, which is quite annoying...
In AC it somehow works from the box.

Is there any solution to that problem in PCars?

Fendar
08-05-2015, 17:13
Hi Vilonosec!

I use the clubsport shifter too, and I can assign the paddles to shift up/down - and the h-shifter to the gear-selection.
If you want to use the seq-shifter too, you can set it in the controller settings to use the same as the paddles!

That should do it.

Here's a screenshot:

Mahjik
08-05-2015, 17:15
Not currently as the GUI won't allow you assign the same button to multiple functions. It has been requested so hopefully it will come later.

Vilonosec
09-05-2015, 09:20
Hi Vilonosec!

I use the clubsport shifter too, and I can assign the paddles to shift up/down - and the h-shifter to the gear-selection.
If you want to use the seq-shifter too, you can set it in the controller settings to use the same as the paddles!

That should do it.
I'm afraid CSR doesn't have that option. Thank you for advice!

Vilonosec
09-05-2015, 09:21
Not currently as the GUI won't allow you assign the same button to multiple functions. It has been requested so hopefully it will come later.
Thank you, then i'll have to wait )

Morgan Henstridge
09-05-2015, 09:51
You can use a program like Xpadder to accomplish this.

In Xpadder i have both my Sequential shifter and my Paddles set to be A & Z for up and down shift.

Then in game, i map the Up and Down shift to A & Z. As long as Xpadder is running and i have my profile loaded in there, i can use either shifting method in any game.

MysterG
09-05-2015, 09:55
You can use a program like Xpadder to accomplish this.

In Xpadder i have both my Sequential shifter and my Paddles set to be A & Z for up and down shift.

Then in game, i map the Up and Down shift to A & Z. As long as Xpadder is running and i have my profile loaded in there, i can use either shifting method in any game.

I do this too, works like a charm.