PDA

View Full Version : In race options?

Baussinen
08-05-2015, 17:16
So im playing PCars on ps4 and i have noticed that i can't change game options like controller settings and others while im in race or practice mode. So seriously only way to change options is going to out of race to main menu and options? I think its pretty stupid because i need to change all settings, start race to test them, leave race to adjust them and again going to race. Other racing games i have played had options in pause menu during races.

Camdaz
08-05-2015, 22:57
It's a pain but it's the only way to do it. Hopefully SMS will put an option in the pause menu.

ctd
08-05-2015, 23:02
FFB settings you can adjust in Tuning Setup menu when in practise I believe. What other settings do you want to adjust when in a session?

Edit: Yes, forgot to mention. The logic is that in Tuning Setup in Practise mode you can change the FFB-settings per selected car and track (i.e. that car and track you're driving at the moment). If you want you can also save this settings to other tracks. But if you want to make general settings, that will apply to all cars and tracks, you have to do it from the Option menu. Quite logical in my mind. :)

2stains
08-05-2015, 23:30
Controller settings helmet cam fov

Baussinen
09-05-2015, 23:01
FOV and control settings should be too able to change from pause menu mid race because these are kind of settings that needs testing, adjusting, testing and more adjusting and it takes long time if you have to load main menu and race every time.

Risc0n
10-05-2015, 00:15
FOV and control settings should be too able to change from pause menu mid race because these are kind of settings that needs testing, adjusting, testing and more adjusting and it takes long time if you have to load main menu and race every time.

You can map FOV to the up / down buttons or similar by choosing the option for seat in settings.

JohnSchoonsBeard
10-05-2015, 05:09
You can map FOV to the up / down buttons or similar by choosing the option for seat in settings.

Trouble is that isn't changing the field of view specifically, just where the player's head is in the car. To change it propefly require the seat movement and the FOV. Also this can't be done without tempoararily reassigning buttons to the controller or wheel. A keyboard doesn't work on PC4 as a control option, only for typing.