PDA

View Full Version : [HELP NEEDED] Multiplayer Server list EMPTY

hawkenfox
08-05-2015, 17:38
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone is having this issue. I don't have any server available online to join.
Is this the way it is for now or there should be some server that I should see. I do see some
players complaining about online match issues, so I reckon they have servers they could join.

Do I need to turn on some function in game to allow the server list to search for servers
properly?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

W4rl0ck
08-05-2015, 17:41
Try to change the steam download location in your steam settings. I read somewhere that this is connected with the server search.

hawkenfox
08-05-2015, 18:32
Can you be more specific? Download location as in the directory where I download the game? How could it be an issue since all

other games have no issue. I am not going to change my directory, it's project car who needs to change their code.

What I have heard is that multiplayer online mode is region locked at the moment so I can't see anyone playing the game

here in Singapore. I heard UK has lots of servers up but I don't see any on my list at the moment.

Pretty frustrating the way project car handles their online service.

Try to change the steam download location in your steam settings. I read somewhere that this is connected with the server search.
Please do not post reply that will not help others and points people in the wrong direction. Don't waste your own time and others' too.

Found the solution. Change the Download region on the steam launcher.
These are the steps for those who has no server to hop into.

1.Open Steam
2.View Menu dropdown select Settings
3.Select Downloads on the left hand list.
4.Change the Download region dropdown list to UK-London.
5.Restart Steam when prompt.
6.Start Project Car...UK server list will show up.

Do this when you have zero server to hop into in your region.

NOTES to Developer
Please broadcast the global list and give us a way to filter the servers we want to
see. Using ping, region ... etc. You will kill the online gaming community with this
current design. Some users in other region will simply have no access to any server.

Please be aware of this criticism online.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5484yaJtQ8

SacaSoh
18-05-2015, 16:31
Please do not post reply that will not help others and points people in the wrong direction. Don't waste your own time and others' too.

Found the solution. Change the Download region on the steam launcher.
These are the steps for those who has no server to hop into.

Just to point out that when you "Found the solution", you just did what W4rl0ck told you... changed the download servers location in Steam settings.