PDA

View Full Version : Le Mans

theredshore
08-05-2015, 17:45
i just attempted it(the 2 hour version) and the AI really ruin it for me, they dont get out of the way when you are a faster car and lapping them i constantly ran into the morons, just wondering do you actually get anything for winning that? unless i get a golden mansion for completing that ridiculous race i dont see a reason to attempt it again

Invincible
08-05-2015, 17:53
Usually they don't defend their position when you lap them.
But in a multiclass race, they won't let you pass too easy, because each car class isn't scored on their own atm, which means that they try to be first, even if they have a gt3 car in a field of lmp1.

But passing them isn't too hard either if you're cautious.

theredshore
08-05-2015, 18:12
true maybe i am complaining about too little, honestly i have it on really easy pretty much as easy as possible(AI wise i still have full damage on, rules on, tire ware on, fuel on and all that) not because i suck at games but because i want to experience the career mode and learn the cars and circuits in career mode and then after i do that experience it as a challenge(dont know if that makes any sense) i am LMP 2 and trying to beat all the LMP cars to see if you get rewarded for it(i seriously doubt it) this game really doesnt have rewards as such but i didnt know if winning it like that would change what contracts i would get offered next season at all

pretty much most people will think i am a garbage driver but i had to pit 4 times in 4 laps because i just was not patient and wanted to get past them as soon as possible, but yes i was not very patient, i am just used to AI moving out of the way if you are trying to lap them so i was expecting the same thing

thank you for your answer, i think the AI and the game in general is amazing but honestly i dont really like the circuit and i dont want to do the race but i also dont want to miss out on a better contract or some kinda reward for completing it either

Alejandro Riveiro
08-05-2015, 18:22
As far as I remember there's no uber reward for doing Le Mans (to be honest, actually doing Le Mans is probably the reward by itself, especially if you enjoy endurance races), so other than the experience, you're missing nothing if you postpone it and do it in another season (once you're invited to an event, that event will be available every season!)

GenBrien
08-05-2015, 18:23
AI difficulty % is not really how intelligent they get, but what is their overall lap time. So lower % will get longer lap times. It is acheive with lower top speed, that's why if you race @Lemans with low AIs % you'll bump them.

Try with at least 80% :)

theredshore
08-05-2015, 18:33
thank you for the replies, in quick race mode i am racing the AI on the most difficult possible and getting destroyed, but i am enjoying getting destroyed, thank you i am glad there is no reward, i was only 20 minutes off completing it and winning it but i am glad its nothing major and i will do it another week, i enjoy endurance from time to time but i dont enjoy class stuff i just need to be more patient and it will be easy, though i do love the game at as hard as possible which i will do in career mode once i completed it on noob mode

Roger Lee
08-05-2015, 21:18
I actually enjoy it when they try and hold me up. It makes it more interesting.

sVig
08-05-2015, 21:35
My only issue with Le Mans is that we have Le Mans, we have a Sauber C9, but we don't have the old unchicaned version of Le Mans to use it on as well...

Ryanj98
08-05-2015, 21:59
How do you set up a Le Mans race, as im terms of duration I can only seem to see number of laps and not time

Pinna
08-05-2015, 22:00
It's not possible yet.
Devs are working on bringing it in asap :)

koikeeper67
08-05-2015, 22:15
You also have to remeber this supposed to be a sim not a game and in real life racing it is the faster cars responsibility to pass the slower car safely. The slower car is supposed to hold there racing line so the faster car can predict what the driver will do and pass when safe place to do so comes up.