PDA

View Full Version : Invisible mouse pointer in fullscreen mode

TomVal
08-05-2015, 18:00
I got Project Cars on Steam, and I like it very much. Unfortunately, it's quite hard for me to select menu items in fullscreen mode using mouse, since I can't see a mouse pointer at all. The game registers mouse pointer position, but not all items on main menu screen are selectable using keyboard, I didn't figure out how to select profile picture/profile context menu using keyboard. I managed to switch the game into windowed mode, where the system mouse pointer is always visible (thankfully), so it's much easier to navigate menus in windowed mode for me. The behavior is the same regardless of input method selected.

CPTDITCH
09-05-2015, 09:57
I too have this problem. I cant see the mouse at all! - which means it is impossible to to use the main game menu.

TomVal
09-05-2015, 12:54
You can highlight items on main screen using cursor arrows, switch horizontal tabs using keys "j" and "k", activate with "Enter" and go back with "Esc" key. Exit the game by muving the mouse far enough up and right and left-clicking. This way, you can activate "Help & Options" on the "My Home" main screen tab, select Visuals, switch to "Performance" tab, switch "Windowed" mode on and select appropriate window size in "Resolution" item. But I'd still be happy if I could use the game properly with a mouse in fullscreen mode.

deedriver
12-05-2015, 13:57
me too ??????? help please folks

heatseeker
12-05-2015, 16:57
I've the same problem. Did this bug reported?

brainSOsmoof
12-05-2015, 17:49
i had this problem.. got this fix from segmentnext.com (http://segmentnext.com/2015/05/07/project-cars-errors-exceptions-crashes-controls-fps-performance-and-fixes/) #8 Project Cars Invisible Mouse Pointer Fix
Try running the game in windowed mode to see the pointer. If that doesn’t help, you should try adding -dx9 to the command line of your game using launch options via Steam... sometimes it still disappears, but if im moving the mouse when the game starts up, it works fine everytime

YeeHarr
14-05-2015, 05:57
This was broken for me too.

After a lot of testing (I have a dual screen SLI setup) I found out that disabling mouse pointer trails fixed it for me.

So now I run in SLI mode, dual screen (one has a browser running) in full screen mode on my main screen and I can see the pointer/cursor finally.

I have to say it's this kind of thing that makes PC gaming so challenging. Some games get this right on my rig (F1 2014, Grid 2 for example just worked).

And Alt-Enter doesn't work in the game (to change to windowed mode), alt f4 doesn't work, it would get very confused when I started alt-tabbing. So it didn't follow the rules of any well behaved piece of windows software which is also disappointing. Being able to exit the game by keyboard is essential for me. It would have greatly reduced the pain of not having any visible mouse pointer/cursor.

The content of the game of course is great though so it's worth the hassle.