PDA

View Full Version : Go kart set ups?

UKzBRADLEY
08-05-2015, 18:01
I seem to be struggling getting round corner too slow, can anybody help me with my situation

Pedro funk
09-05-2015, 00:15
Same here, I've been looking but not found anything helpful yet...

Paul_Ellinas
09-05-2015, 01:59
I am not sure if this is what you meant but try this:
Try in the Garage to adjust the air in your wheels. Take some out from the 2 front and put some in the rear ones. Try some free practice rounds on your track and adjust them for each track.
If its not helping try to be more specific what is exactly the problem with your corners?

UKzBRADLEY
09-05-2015, 08:16
Al try that thanks. The problem I am having is the kart just won't turn �� been reading many things that they are working on improving the situation

Boothy
09-05-2015, 12:38
I've found that adjusting the front and rear sway bars to 14 and seems to be pretty good on most tracks makes it very driveable

Pirategenius
09-05-2015, 14:57
Also on PS4 adjust the controller settings. As this helps turn all cars/karts.

Jimbo Jones
09-05-2015, 17:52
my settings works well for me with thrustmaster ferrari 458 spider wheel on xbox one

Sms 125cc shifter kart setup

Tyres & Breaks
Tyre automatic by weather
Front left & right pressure 1.2
Rear left & right pressure 1.0
Break pressure 100%
Break balance 54%

Aero
Longitudinal weight bias 55.0%

Alignment
Steering Ratio 9.8:1
Left & right caster angle 19.9
Front left & right camber -1.5
Rear left & right camber 0.0
Front toe-in angle 0.0

Suspension
Front left & right ride height 35mm
Rear left and right ride height 35mm
Front sway bar 30N/mm
Rear sway bar 15N/mm

Dampers
Front left & right bump stop 0mm
Rear left & right bump stop 0mm

Gearing
Defaults

Engine
Fuel load 5
Qualify fuel load 1
Break mapping 5

SanFraNFL_McLaren
09-05-2015, 21:47
Thanx mate ) nice one .

LUFC
10-05-2015, 07:41
I seem unable to keep heat in my front tyres. This is pretty much when driving flat out. On the second lap the heat just goes. I've not yet changed anything on the set up.

Edit: By changing the HUD: left on d pad (Xbox one) you can view temps in greater detail and tyre temps stay warm, the small temp gage on the main screen shows as cold although the more accurate telemetry show they are fine. Possible bug?

Thales Baptista
10-05-2015, 14:58
Hello there, are you guys using manual sequencial shifting for karts?

The Monk
10-05-2015, 20:57
Tyre pressure: Set them all to 0.65
brake pressure: 80%
Brake balance: 53%
TCS: 10%

FFB
Master scale 150
Fx scale 30.00
Fy scale 100.01
Fz scale 150
Mz scale 80.00
Fx smooth 50
Fy smooth 50
Fz smooth 30
Mz smooth 40
Arm angle 0.0

Let us know if this helps anyone.

sirsnifthespeed
10-05-2015, 23:31
I changed my gears. But have to change it alot (differend course )

Beardybrave
11-05-2015, 00:50
I seem unable to keep heat in my front tyres. This is pretty much when driving flat out. On the second lap the heat just goes. I've not yet changed anything on the set up.

Edit: By changing the HUD: left on d pad (Xbox one) you can view temps in greater detail and tyre temps stay warm, the small temp gage on the main screen shows as cold although the more accurate telemetry show they are fine. Possible bug?

I noticed this too. I'm guessing that actually it's quite hard to keep the front tyres of a 125 up to temp. They're small, so heat loss is an issue, and the weight is biased primarily to the rear. Is that right? I've been trying to think of ways to keep the temp up, but so far all I can think of is adjusting tyre pressure, possibly also brake balance?

Malkiv
11-05-2015, 01:07
I have to slam on the brakes going into a turn for the wheels to grip and turn - Otherwise, it's like I'm only getting 10 of wheel rotation.

fitz the viking
11-05-2015, 01:46
at slower speeds the cart is really funky. around tight twisty bits i have found first gear and very carefully balancing the throttle to help. as soon as its full throttle its only interested in goin in a straight line. oh and avoid curbs like your life depends on it. it is a bottom clenching experience but getting it right makes you feel awesome. if your going into a corner with the wheel or controller on full lock and its still going straight ahead then you need to slow down more. the 250 carts have been the highlight of the game for me so far.

CSD
30-05-2015, 19:21
This is a horrible kart setup! Way too much caster, too much tire pressure, and a steering ratio of 9.8-1 in a go kart?? Really?

Do not use this setup if your kart won't turn! Run a far lower steering ratio (it IS a go kart after all) and way less air pressure in the tires and drop the caster down to 9-10 degrees, not full max like these settings. Also, a 25mm ride height front and rear helps stability.

I tried this setup out just because it looked so out of wack and so many people thanked your reply but after a couple laps I had to change it back. Talk about hard to steer!

my settings works well for me with thrustmaster ferrari 458 spider wheel on xbox one

Sms 125cc shifter kart setup

Tyres & Breaks
Front left & right pressure 1.2
Rear left & right pressure 1.0
Break pressure 100%
Break balance 54%

Aero

Alignment
Steering Ratio 9.8:1
Left & right caster angle 19.9
Front left & right camber -1.5
Front toe-in angle 0.0

Suspension
Front left & right ride height 35mm
Front sway bar 30N/mm
Rear sway bar 15N/mm

Dampers

Gearing
Defaults

Engine
Fuel load 5
Qualify fuel load 1
Break mapping 5

MULTIVITZ
30-05-2015, 21:09
I just took some air out thr fronts and a bit more out the rear, say 3 clicks? Once the tyres are warm it will sit in a corner and lets you hold it wide open! I found putting the steering sensitivity to 65 helped slow the quick turning these small wheeled missiles have. They are a handful. Down the straights its all over the road lol these adjustments I used for the Super Karts. I couldn't be bothered with tuning the things, only worth it if you can tune, even I found little benefit from adjustments! Maybe on a smooth track?
Oh like he said, don't touch the kerbs, unless you know the track and have a death wish lol.

Ratty213
06-06-2015, 10:48
I tried @JimboJone's setup with a controller and it wasn't good. Has anyone got a good setup they use with a controller?

Edroh De Nornal
08-06-2015, 18:19
My setup right now without any assist in Dubai Kartdrome:

Tyres & Breaks
Tyres: slicks
Front left & right pressure 0.71
Rear left & right pressure 0.65
Break pressure 70% (depends oh how heavy you are with the brakes, if you're too heavy, lower it, If don't, set it higher (use your discretion)
Break balance 65%

Aero
Longitudinal weight bias 52.5% (to prevent the rear end forward in a turn or under heavy breaking)

Alignment
Steering Ratio 7.3:1 (if you using a gamepad, set it to higher values, preferably full right)
Left & right caster angle 9.9
Front left & right camber -0.4
Front toe-in angle 1.0

Suspension
Front left & right ride height 20mm
Front sway bar 101N/mm
Rear sway bar 1N/mm

Dampers

Gearing: don't touch!

Engine
Fuel load 4
Qualify fuel load 1
Break mapping 3

some final clarifications:

tyre presserues: in qualification, I use 0.50 pressure. For a fews laps is ok
But in race, depends on the track like Chesterfield, I use 0.50 on the front left tire (only one important turn to the right)

I just took some air out thr fronts and a bit more out the rear, say 3 clicks? Once the tyres are warm it will sit in a corner and lets you hold it wide open! I found putting the steering sensitivity to 65 helped slow the quick turning these small wheeled missiles have. They are a handful. Down the straights its all over the road lol these adjustments I used for the Super Karts. I couldn't be bothered with tuning the things, only worth it if you can tune, even I found little benefit from adjustments! Maybe on a smooth track?
Oh like he said, don't touch the kerbs, unless you know the track and have a death wish lol.

how is the control of your superkart in the straights?

I tried @JimboJone's setup with a controller and it wasn't good. Has anyone got a good setup they use with a controller?

try to put the slider of steering ratio to the full right and see if that helps

I changed my gears. But have to change it alot (differend course )

try to not play with that, instead, play with final gear ratio. the gears in karts are very well balanced.

NBRacing16
18-06-2015, 23:25
I use manual sequential for the karts

Jonf1927
19-06-2015, 17:37
Here's my stock kart set up took me a fair bit of trial and error to get to this! One thing that I would say is critical when driving a kart is to always floor the accelerator 2/3 if the way through the corner even without assists. Even though it goes against all your natural instincts you will reap the rewards if you change your driving style.

Tyres & Breaks
Front left & right pressure .70
Rear left & right pressure .70
Break pressure 90%
Break balance 50%

Aero

Alignment
Steering Ratio 5.9:1
Left & right caster angle 9.9
Front left & right camber -0.4
Front toe-in angle -0.1

Suspension
Front left & right ride height 25mm
Rear left and right ride height 30mm
Front sway bar 17N/mm
Rear sway bar 17N/mm

Dampers

Gearing
Final Drive 8.60

Imho comfortably the most important parts to tune on aa kart are the camber and toe, you want less overseer in the show corners but not so much that the kart becomes very unstable on fast corners hence the high front camber. With out high front camber you will find the kart very unstable on high speed corners

Stripez
13-10-2015, 12:37
Old thread but there seems to be few answers for people. Start with checking two things in your setup.
1. Fuel load. If you are carrying an extra 8 kg (10 liters) reduce that to 1 or 2 liters.
2. Tire pressure in the front wheels. If you have 70 in the rear, reduce your front to 65.

Try that out and it should give you a kart with more front end bite and faster lap times.
What people usually miss is that there is no perfect set up for everyone. It all depends on your driving style.

If you are still struggling to turn it could be that you are carrying to much speed into the corner. Brake earlier and go on the throttle a bit earlier after the apex. Lots of people break to late, carry to much speed into a corner and run wide on the exit. It's a lot faster to reduce the entry speed a bit and then have a faster exit in a better race line. Then it's all down to practice and to make consistent lap times. Hope it helps somebody.

Also, if you can't get the tire temp up to between 90 - 105 just reduce the tire pressure in all tires (maintain the difference between front end rear) until you hit the sweet spot.

azggeorge
10-01-2016, 07:48
:chuncky: Seriously that is big problem for me, looking for solution as well.