PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer: Private Lobbies + Search

oasis90
08-05-2015, 18:30
Hi guys.
First of all, my compliments for the game, it's really amazing.
I have two questions:

- Is it possible to add a "server browser" so we can join a particular game? The search, as it is now, is a bit uncomfortable.
- I have a problem (i suppose it's a bug) which concerns private lobbies. I tried to create one (with a friend) and add IA Cars. Well, even if i put YES on the relative option (complete the lobby with IA Cars) ,the game doesn't add IA Cars, so we are totally alone. Is this a know bug?

Thanks in advance for any answer and sorry for my english, not my primary language.

Elmo
08-05-2015, 18:36
- Is it possible to add a "server browser" so we can join a particular game? The search, as it is now, is a bit uncomfortable.

Can you explain this a bit more? Do you want to join a friends lobby? Or a lobby with a particular car/track?

I have a problem (i suppose it's a bug) which concerns private lobbies. I tried to create one (with a friend) and add IA Cars. Well, even if i put YES on the relative option (complete the lobby with IA Cars) ,the game doesn't add IA Cars, so we are totally alone. Is this a know bug?

This no bug. They way it works is you can set a "Maximum Grid Size" (32 in my screenshot) and a "Max Number of Human Opponents" (20). This means there is space for 11 AI Cars (32 minus 20 human opponets minus yourself = 11). I assume you set "Max Number of Human Opponents" to 31, so there is no space left for AI.

ThreeAngryOwls
08-05-2015, 18:52
I think when he refers to a server browser, it's much alike what is available on PC. The ability to search for games, but rather than automatically being placed into one at random, have them displayed as a list, and then being able to select one to join based on the options, track, player count etc.

oasis90
08-05-2015, 23:26
Can you explain this a bit more? Do you want to join a friends lobby? Or a lobby with a particular car/track?

This no bug. They way it works is you can set a "Maximum Grid Size" (32 in my screenshot) and a "Max Number of Human Opponents" (20). This means there is space for 11 AI Cars (32 minus 20 human opponets minus yourself = 11). I assume you set "Max Number of Human Opponents" to 31, so there is no space left for AI.

Damn, you're right. What a noob i am :D Thank you! ;)

I think when he refers to a server browser, it's much alike what is available on PC. The ability to search for games, but rather than automatically being placed into one at random, have them displayed as a list, and then being able to select one to join based on the options, track, player count etc.

Yeah, exactly what i meant :)

Elmo
09-05-2015, 08:02
Now I got it. Sorry, I'm not familiar with XB1 version. I'll check with the guys and get back to you.

Loochst3r
09-05-2015, 08:13
I can't understand why the lobby list is on PS4 but not the XB1 version

jaykaybe
09-05-2015, 09:49
Seems like the PS4 Version got a bit more attention (bug fixing) compared to the xb1 version. As much as I like what they did to make the game look and run as it does, I really cannot understand how the wireless headset bug and the lack of a mplayer lobby browser could have made it into the game...

Elmo
09-05-2015, 10:00
Seems like the PS4 Version got a bit more attention (bug fixing) compared to the xb1 version.

This is not true. All platforms getting equal support. In the background our dev team is working flat-out to get the most important issues out of the way.

Elmo
09-05-2015, 10:21
Okay, I checked and for first party reasons we can't offer a lobby browser on XB1. But we are looking into ways to improve the XB1 matchmaking.

jaykaybe
09-05-2015, 10:38
No offense Elmo...I appreciate all the work you put into the game and I am sure that there are plenty of improvements on their way. I played the pc alpha for the past 2 years and I am pretty happy about how the game evolved and what you have done to the console versions.

Right now I am very concerned that an essential feature such as a lobby browser cannot be implemented because of some kind of restriction (MS? Xbox Live? P2P server? ). My enjoyment of the whole multiplayer part of the game (except private lobbies with friends) will suffer from the fact that you have to chose your online lobby randomly.

Loochst3r
09-05-2015, 10:48
I've only played 2 online races due it taking a while to find a lobby to put you in, and then it puts you in one that's using a car/track/weather/sessions setting you don't want to play and end up backing straight out.

The other strange thing to me, is all the games it puts me in only ever has 2 or 3 players. Maybe a filter so you could set a minimum number of players in the lobby it puts you in would help.

Dazza
09-05-2015, 15:32
couple more multi players bugs.

voice chat is broken, sometimes you hear everyone, then all the sudden you can only hear 1 person. its very random.

when someone leaves a session the screen locks up for 1 sec causing you to normally crash your car.

returnofjim
09-05-2015, 21:11
So we can only join multiplayer games by using the quick random option or creating our own?

Elmo
09-05-2015, 21:26
So we can only join multiplayer games by using the quick random option or creating our own?

Yes, for the moment.

Tristicles
09-05-2015, 23:29
Okay, I checked and for first party reasons we can't offer a lobby browser on XB1. But we are looking into ways to improve the XB1 matchmaking.

This makes me sad, can't understand why a first party wouldn't want this as it would clearly improve gameplay, therefore reputation of game/console etc.

Elmo
09-05-2015, 23:32
This makes me sad, can't understand why a first party wouldn't want this as it would clearly improve gameplay, therefore reputation of game/console etc.

Sorry, that's all I know. But we will look for improvements.

feeling
10-05-2015, 08:12
So much for the X1 and PS4 versions having no differences to the PC version.

LaFabrique
10-05-2015, 08:44
@feeling

Actually there is a difference for the xbox one. It is just a fact!!! NO LOBBY, just random races with unknow number of people.
Sometimes we are just 4 or 3.

it is just a shame, i like the game but the multiplayer is broke on Xbox one. so yes this version is less polished. Let's talk about the triggers of xbox pad, there is no vibrations into it. You promised it, but nothing. Even on the box of the bluray it is written

Orinoco
10-05-2015, 20:58
Well that's that then P cars will be forever be a non multiplayer game then.
How such poor multiplayer services provided in P cars can happen is beyond me,PGR4 simple easy multiplayer that lasted years,if I could get my money back on this game I would !

Finnstar
10-05-2015, 22:06
No offense Elmo...I appreciate all the work you put into the game and I am sure that there are plenty of improvements on their way. I played the pc alpha for the past 2 years and I am pretty happy about how the game evolved and what you have done to the console versions.

Right now I am very concerned that an essential feature such as a lobby browser cannot be implemented because of some kind of restriction (MS? Xbox Live? P2P server? ). My enjoyment of the whole multiplayer part of the game (except private lobbies with friends) will suffer from the fact that you have to chose your online lobby randomly.

This is VERY disappointing!!!! This was my biggest gripe with forza5 and now its carried to Project Cars too, no user created public lobbies!!!!! I cannot believe it. Honestly if this can not get sorted I may have to see if I can sell the XBOX and TX and get a PS4 with a T300!!! goddammit :mad: :mad:

HEF51
11-05-2015, 02:54
This is a huge feature missing. And I have a hard time believing MS wouldn't allow this.

D3fend
11-05-2015, 08:00
This is a huge feature missing. And I have a hard time believing MS wouldn't allow this.

I'm with you on this. I looked at my statistics yesterday and I've spent 13hrs playing the game, with only 16 races complete.

This purely shows how frustrating it is to find good lobbies with the current matchmaking system — it needs fixing.

I personally don't have any problem with the pad issues, if you set everything up as it should be, it works perfectly. This is a bigger issue on XB1 especially.

BlueFin175
11-05-2015, 08:44
This whole restriction by MS is simply not true in my humble opinion. The reason is very simple, take for example the game Borderlands The Handsome Jack Collection. There is a MATCHMAKING option and under that, there are two available options QUICK MATCH (which by it's very definition is how Project Cars has been implemented) and then the MATCH BROWSER which is precisely what we as consumers are requesting. This option provides a list of available matches, the gamertag host, the number of players, level, the mission in progress and ping rating.

So any reasoning that this functionality is not allowed by MS is simply not true I am afraid.

ARusling
11-05-2015, 08:47
The fact there is no 'lobby browser' for multiplayer sessions is downright stupid and considering there is one in PC and PS4 versions, there should at least be some sort of alternative added before launch. First party restrictions or not, we should have the ability to choose what multiplayer session we join.

trotski 62
11-05-2015, 09:38
So Elmo is there nether to be a browser lobby on the xbox one as this was one of the reasons I brought the game, so I could join in a multiplayer game with my friends online.
I know that I can join them if they invite me to a game but I want to be able to play in league that one off us sets up for a season. I know I could've brought the Pc version but not all of us have a Pc.Please shed some light on it as I never saw any mention in the lead up to this game being launched that this feature was not going to be implemented.
Regards
Cliff

Alexandru Marian
11-05-2015, 11:27
Hi guys, just wanted to quickly post that there is an easy way to join the online lobbies of friends or people you follow on Xbox Live without them having to manually invite you - you can use the Friends app on your Xbox One to find your friends and select the "Join Game" option from their detailed profile view. This will work as long as those players haven't created a private session (in which case they will have to manually invite you). From within the app you can also see which of your friends is currently playing Project Cars.

As for browsing available sessions like on PC and PS4 we are looking at the possibility of adding the session browser to the Xbox One version of the game in an upcoming patch.

In the meantime we hope the "Search" functionality in Race Central can help you find some sessions for you to join. Just keep in mind that the matchmaker will avoid matching you into sessions that are geographically located far away from you which would result in high ping rates and a bad online experience when actually going into the race.

ARusling
11-05-2015, 12:13
Thanks for the update, much appreciated. Looking forward to the patch.

HLR Ghosty
11-05-2015, 12:22
As for browsing available sessions like on PC and PS4 we are looking at the possibility of adding the session browser to the Xbox One version of the game in an upcoming patch.

Great news :)

g33k hack3rs
11-05-2015, 13:42
Hi guys, just wanted to quickly post that there is an easy way to join the online lobbies of friends or people you follow on Xbox Live without them having to manually invite you - you can use the Friends app on your Xbox One to find your friends and select the "Join Game" option from their detailed profile view. This will work as long as those players haven't created a private session (in which case they will have to manually invite you). From within the app you can also see which of your friends is currently playing Project Cars.

In the meantime we hope the "Search" functionality in Race Central can help you find some sessions for you to join. Just keep in mind that the matchmaker will avoid matching you into sessions that are geographically located far away from you which would result in high ping rates and a bad online experience when actually going into the race.

Great to hear we can join friend's lobby but the online experience must be improved to make this a success. So much of a racing game is based on paying and competing with real players.

Private lobbies is a must
Able to join friend's lobby is a must
Able to see open lobbies and join your choice should be 3rd priority

Alexandru Marian
11-05-2015, 14:25
Great to hear we can join friend's lobby but the online experience must be improved to make this a success. So much of a racing game is based on paying and competing with real players.

Private lobbies is a must
Able to join friend's lobby is a must
Able to see open lobbies and join your choice should be 3rd priority

Private lobbies can be created in game in the event setup menu within the online game create screen (top right square).

As I've mentioned before you can easily join a friend's lobby through either invites or the Xbox One Friends app.

The only thing you can't do at the minute on the Xbox One version is to browse all open sessions in one screen in the game and manually choose one to join. Instead the game uses the Xbox Live Smart Match feature provided by the Xbox Live platform to perform matchmaking against existing open lobbies and other players searching for matches.

This means that while using Quick Random or the Search option in Race Central the matchmaker will look through all available open lobbies created by other players and/or other players searching for online sessions at the same time as you and match you into a session that fulfils all the filter options you've selected (location type, event length, vehicle class and skill level). If no existing lobbies are available for the selected filters it will even automatically create a session for several players searching for the same type of session and add all of them to it (at least 2 players will need to be searching for a session at the same time with compatible filters set for the search). The Quick Random option performs just like Search but with no filters set (it will return the first session it will find, regardless of track, car class, etc.).

It also means that if you create a public lobby on Xbox One other people can get matched into your session via the Smart Match feature to fill any open slots in the session. This can happen only while in the lobby or during practice and qualifying - we do not support players joining a session when in the racing phase (for obvious reasons I think).

oasis90
11-05-2015, 14:36
Thanks for the update Alexandru. Hope you guys will be able to add server browser on Xbox One too :)
Keep up the good work!

Loochst3r
11-05-2015, 14:41
Is it just me, or are the search filters all broken?
It don't matter what filters i choose, or how many, i'm always put in a lobby with no resemblence to any filters i set at all.
If there are no games at all which contain a filter i set, i'd rather get a message telling me that than to be put in a lobby i have no interest in playing.

I've also never joined a game with more than 3 people in it. Surely there can't be that few people playing??

biggy brains
11-05-2015, 21:38

Well, going to see alot of Xbox One users buy a PS4 and of course a second copy of the game. What this seems to say to me is "if you want to play our game, play it on PC or a PS4 otherwise you are getting an inferior product.

I'm not sure who to be annoyed this over this. It's certainly something that was played up to us as lobby's your own way, etc but that was only true for PC and PS4.

o Mike V o
11-05-2015, 22:30
MS probably prefer crappy matchmaking because its cheaper for them, that sounds like something they would do. That is a big disappointment either way, I hated the matchmaking system in Forza 5.

gizziegod
11-05-2015, 23:43
couple more multi players bugs.

voice chat is broken, sometimes you hear everyone, then all the sudden you can only hear 1 person. its very random.

when someone leaves a session the screen locks up for 1 sec causing you to normally crash your car.

im on the xbox and we have had that voice bug a few times in a private lobby, hopefully fixed quickly as the party (workaround) only holds 8 players

turbohondaej1
12-05-2015, 23:42

So basically there will be no multiplayer on xbox version? Or is it going to be like a forza 5 setup? This kinda stinks I was hoping for some endurance race's but I'm concerned that this game will die off in a couple months I Sat at the multiplayer screen waiting for a game for 20 min nothing. So basically the quick random is the exact same thing as search?

turbohondaej1
12-05-2015, 23:45
MS probably prefer crappy matchmaking because its cheaper for them, that sounds like something they would do. That is a big disappointment either way, I hated the matchmaking system in Forza 5.

My guess is they would want to keep forza on the same multiplayer setup to keep this game from be bigger than forza. I'm sure it's easier for turn 10 to patch forza 5 into forza 6 then rebuild a new game.

emozie
13-05-2015, 11:12
Hi Project Cars Team, here is a couple of fixes: In an online lobby the host also have the choice to enable or disable traction control or stability. I believe the driver have the option to enable or disable those options. Please look over this review. Thank you for your time and by the way the game is pretty addicting, good job.

emozie
13-05-2015, 11:13
Same here, I'm in a party chat and every time I brake, the voice chat will cut off including the sound in my head phones.

FearL0rd
14-05-2015, 18:38
Really, Many other games does do server browsing like BF, Neverwinter, etc...

jschenard
17-05-2015, 20:22

Mortal Kombat X has a lobby ( very nice one i must say ). I dont understand how PCARS cannot have one

Pressure Drop
20-05-2015, 10:24
Is there a problem for anyone else with multiplayer on Xbox One? When i click to join a random game it usually just hangs on the searching screen, or fails. Have only been able to join 2 games so far!
There is still plenty to keep me occupied in single player but i hope this can be fixed at some point!

RickyHill
20-05-2015, 12:36

I understand, it's the same in for example Forza Motorsport 5. That doesn't make it less annoying though... Can you elaborate a little further so we might better understand?

RickyHill
20-05-2015, 12:45
This means that while using Quick Random or the Search option in Race Central the matchmaker will look through all available open lobbies created by other players and/or other players searching for online sessions at the same time as you and match you into a session that fulfils all the filter options you've selected (location type, event length, vehicle class and skill level). If no existing lobbies are available for the selected filters it will even automatically create a session for several players searching for the same type of session and add all of them to it (at least 2 players will need to be searching for a session at the same time with compatible filters set for the search). The Quick Random option performs just like Search but with no filters set (it will return the first session it will find, regardless of track, car class, etc.).

Ok, understandable. But is it then possible to add the filters "min. no. of players" and "max. no. of players"? I think that will at least help some of us...

LaFabrique
20-05-2015, 12:59
Is there a problem for anyone else with multiplayer on Xbox One? When i click to join a random game it usually just hangs on the searching screen, or fails. Have only been able to join 2 games so far!
There is still plenty to keep me occupied in single player but i hope this can be fixed at some point!

Yeah!!! I have the same issue. It is unplayable online compare to the ps4/pc versions.It takes ages.

Nick900
09-06-2015, 13:12
Hi, yes I would love this game so much more if you got a lobby too chose the race you wanted to enter instead of just been shoved into some random game that seems to always only have 3 other players in it that just want to crash and bash you!! On xb1

jaykaybe
09-06-2015, 13:59
Whoever made decision to get rid of server browser @ xb1, even if it really came directly from MS...it was a bad one!
Pls SMS, do not follow the route of Forza series - if there is a little chance for you to implement the pc/ps4 matchmaking, plz do it!

(yeah I know that some improvement was promised already ;) )

ferrhead
18-06-2015, 08:19
Whoever made decision to get rid of server browser @ xb1, even if it really came directly from MS...it was a bad one!
Pls SMS, do not follow the route of Forza series - if there is a little chance for you to implement the pc/ps4 matchmaking, plz do it!

(yeah I know that some improvement was promised already ;) )

I know right ??? 1 million people bought the game and the cheap bastards at slightly mad haven't paid Microsoft or invested the time/and money to implement a lobby search the PS4 and PC have ??? , 60 million in income right there where is Ian Bell to answer this question ?? he seems to be giving everyone smart ass answers today , it's not out fault the game doesnt work ... YOUR THE DEVELOPERS. YOU FIX IT , our feedback can only do so much , maybe us on xbox could tell you more about the problems of the game if we could get online and play , or find sessions that last without crashing and disconnecting. its just sad i thought a game couldn't be more broken than the Master Chief Collection which suffers from the same problem ... REALLY BAD MATCHMAKING .

Imagine how this game would have performed when it was originally supposed to be released ......

Chris Wollaston-Savage
18-06-2015, 08:41
It's not out fault the game doesnt work ... YOUR THE DEVELOPERS. YOU FIX IT , our feedback can only do so much , maybe us on xbox could tell you more about the problems of the game if we could get online and play, ....which suffers from the same problem ... REALLY BAD MATCHMAKING .

Perhaps you'd like to explain to the ladies and gents out here how exactly it is the fault of SMS that Microsoft will not allow lobby listing? Mortal Kombat X was mentioned, but has the lobby listing implemented on the XBone? Funny how a first party driving game that was a release title didn't even have it. Funny how none of the Forza series has ever had lobby listing. But no, it's SMS' fault, because they're the only developer that you have had direct contact with, and you feel the need to abuse it. This is just your normal internet butthurt, somebody who (I'm guessing) is a member of the iGeneration (iPhone, iPad, iWant), who cries when someone doesn't give them what the feel they deserve.

The matchmaking system relies on the hosts being accurate with their hosting options, if that doesn't happen, we end up with poor matches. The devs are working as hard as they can, but it needs patience because they are dealing with more than just us. MS need to be consulted and bargained with, middleware programming needs to be done, etc. I'm sorry you feel the game is such a mess, but have you never heard of compromise?

SpeedFreakDTM
18-06-2015, 09:08
I would love to hear what the actual problem is with MS and the matchmaking issue. Im not fussed if we have a list of lobbies to pick from, I would just like an online playlist type of event.

Hosted by the computer, not someone's custom lobby. Tracks, weather and cars picked at random by the computer.

Right now, we have lots of people setting up lobbies, and running the tracks and cars they like, thats fine, but I want to be FORCED into stuff I dont know, and maybe dont like. Then Im forced to get better in the car type I dont like, or the track.

Having the option to search for local hosts might help, mostly online, I seem to encounter the brazilians, which just means lag lag lag, as they have a shit connection. Thats one thing about online play on any game that annoys me, being connected to people 1000's of miles away, when there are people on the same land mass as me, playing the game.

Maybe Ian Bell or anyone else from SMS, could explain to us, what the problem is with MS. Being told its a 1st party issue, doesn't tell us what the issue is? It just leaves people speculating that MS are trying to annoy Pcars players/customer so we ditch the game and buy Forza 6. I was given Forza 4, Forza 5 came with the Xbone, im happy to never play a forza game again.

Seriously forget the lobby browser, and implement an online playlist. What racing game doesn't have one of them?

XmasTeaTowel
18-06-2015, 10:29
Was hoping for a server browser on Xbone in this last patch..... *sigh*
Just more hit and miss searching, failed to join, greyed out drive selection...

This is breaking it for me... And I'm as patient as they come.
When you want to have a quick race, may as well not bother. Because by the time it works, and has a decent number of opponents... Gotta go.

MKX has room browser on Xbox One,
Bf4 has server browser on Xbox One.,
Project Cars NEEDS a server browser on Xbox One.

Chris Wollaston-Savage
18-06-2015, 10:48
I completely agree with you, a game as complicated as pCARS needs a lobby browser; but to keep ranting at SMS, who have already read hundreds of posts on the topic, who openly post the patch contents for each and every one, and have not promised a lobby browser until they have more information on it, is just not on. I'm sure it will come, but (and this is not aimed at you) some people need a bit of patience. This game has had much more support than others have had in their entire lifespan.

Raven403
18-06-2015, 12:02
I completely agree with you, a game as complicated as pCARS needs a lobby browser; but to keep ranting at SMS, who have already read hundreds of posts on the topic, who openly post the patch contents for each and every one, and have not promised a lobby browser until they have more information on it, is just not on. I'm sure it will come, but (and this is not aimed at you) some people need a bit of patience. This game has had much more support than others have had in their entire lifespan.

I also agree, and the Lobby search isnt a game breaker for me personally but the Multiplayer on the whole is. Its getting increasingly difficult to be patient on Xbox1 with all the issues it seems are exclusive to our platform. Ill probably get slapped on the wrist for saying this in multiple places but it is what it is. Since day one the game has been a rollercoaster of Excitement to play followed by Disapointment and waiting for fixes. I love Pcars ok, I do, and now that FFB is fixed i can do my career and enjoy it a bit more, but the main reason I got Pcars and the way I want to enjoy it is with my League, and right now thats simply not possible, STILL.

I understand its going to get fixed, Im sure it will, but the game released over a Month ago and Multiplayer isnt just flawed, its broken. Im team Pcars, its just increasingly frustrating to have to keep waiting for features that the other two platforms seemingly already have and enjoy. What SMS pulled off is nothing short of awesome, with dynamic weather and time of day and track lists, its awesome, But it is just getting frustrating as hell on Xbox especially with MP.

ferrhead
18-06-2015, 17:25
I also agree, and the Lobby search isnt a game breaker for me personally but the Multiplayer on the whole is. Its getting increasingly difficult to be patient on Xbox1 with all the issues it seems are exclusive to our platform. Ill probably get slapped on the wrist for saying this in multiple places but it is what it is. Since day one the game has been a rollercoaster of Excitement to play followed by Disapointment and waiting for fixes. I love Pcars ok, I do, and now that FFB is fixed i can do my career and enjoy it a bit more, but the main reason I got Pcars and the way I want to enjoy it is with my League, and right now thats simply not possible, STILL.

I understand its going to get fixed, Im sure it will, but the game released over a Month ago and Multiplayer isnt just flawed, its broken. Im team Pcars, its just increasingly frustrating to have to keep waiting for features that the other two platforms seemingly already have and enjoy. What SMS pulled off is nothing short of awesome, with dynamic weather and time of day and track lists, its awesome, But it is just getting frustrating as hell on Xbox especially with MP.

^^^^^ couldn't have said it better the game feels AWESOME post 1.4 , but the multiplayer/ chat on xbox one has to be fixed i know it will take time but a time frame for when it could be fixed and and explanation why a PS4 can handle a lobby browser but XBOX 1 can't would be appreciated SMS , thank you.

Raven403
18-06-2015, 17:28
^^^^^ couldn't have said it better the game feels AWESOME post 1.4 , but the multiplayer/ chat on xbox one has to be fixed i know it will take time but a time frame for when it could be fixed and and explanation why a PS4 can handle a lobby browser but XBOX 1 can't would be appreciated SMS , thank you.

To be fair I believe it is Microsoft that wouldnt allow a lobby browser, I dont know why but thats what I remember seeing.

PTG Claret
18-06-2015, 18:06
Are you sure? Other games have lobby browsers - BF4 for example.

Raven403
18-06-2015, 18:25
Are you sure? Other games have lobby browsers - BF4 for example.

Yeah I know I saw that on the forums, that the Devs said MS wouldn't allow lobby browser. Yeah I know that's y I'm not sure y MS would say it

EMW Grogan
19-06-2015, 03:38
Yeah I know I saw that on the forums, that the Devs said MS wouldn't allow lobby browser. Yeah I know that's y I'm not sure y MS would say it

Not doubting what you have seen and read but i find it impossible to believe that microsoft would deny something that is available on other platforms, they usually insist everything is the same or better of Xbox, they spend mega $ making sure they have stuff like dlc first, launch items first. They dont want anything looking bad on their machine no matter who makes it, i seriously thought about buying a ps4 for this which is what MS pay to avoid, but from what i gather the ps4 is having major issues too

So for the rumour mill thinking MS is wrecking Pcars for Forza... just lol

jaykaybe
19-06-2015, 06:11

There you have it..."first party reasons" - It all comes down to the feature, that the game tries to match your skill and online reputition with equal players online. A feature that has been announced back at e3, when we first heard about xbox one. But they also told us that all online games will get dedicated servers, which did not happen at all...even the forza multiplayer experience lacks lag free racing!

PTG Claret
19-06-2015, 08:17
And the whole Xbox matchmaking system is a joke.

Several times on Forza I would get put in a lobby with someone I had gone to the effort (correct term due to very slow dashboard menus) to block a players, reported them, and submitted a bad review.

Surely I should never be in contact with that player ever again. Shows how flawed the matchmaking is.

tf35strike
05-08-2015, 15:44
Please implement a lobby browser on xbox one, the experience would be so much better, im continually jumping in and out of games trying to find a good session. As it is the multiplayer has been rock solid for me which is great but just a bit sick of the randomness of being thrown into games etc. i would estimate 1 in 5 games you get put into a non responsive host and you are forced to backout etc. love the game keep up the great work SMS.

Rockefelluh
05-08-2015, 19:36
Please implement a lobby browser on xbox one, the experience would be so much better, im continually jumping in and out of games trying to find a good session. As it is the multiplayer has been rock solid for me which is great but just a bit sick of the randomness of being thrown into games etc. i would estimate 1 in 5 games you get put into a non responsive host and you are forced to backout etc. love the game keep up the great work SMS.

I don't have the exact link to the post, but it is coming in the next patch. A MP coder at SMS confirmed lobby browsers are coming.

beetes_juice
05-08-2015, 19:57
#16 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36031-My-Bentley-GT3-has-disappeared-any-thoughts&p=1067487#post1067487)

Pressure Drop
21-08-2015, 14:19
I'm very happy to hear this! patch 3.0 when it is finally released for xbox is going to add friend leaderboards, and then after that a server browser. These were my 2 main problems with the game, thank you SMS !