PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for controller-steering

Kivi1118
08-05-2015, 18:37
Hello SMS,

I have a suggestion for the bad controller-steering that many people have. I drive with wheel assistant (is that right in English? The German word is "Lenkassistent"). The wheel assistent makes the cars more drivable with controller, but the problem is, that the assistent intervenes. So, I think an option with a limited wheel assistent, that don't intervenes in the steering would be great. But that shouldn't count as driving assist in multiplayer games. This is not a big change for the developers, but a big change for us, the gamers with controller.

Yours sincerely

XmasTeaTowel
08-05-2015, 22:32
These are my settings. Good if you find yourself over steering or fishtailing at high speeds.

Steering Assist OFF
Braking assist OFF
Anti lock brake ON
stability control ON
traction control ON

Steering deadzone 25
Steering sensitivity 0
Throttle deadzone 0
Throttle sensitivity 0
Brake deadzone 0
Brake sensitivity 0

Speed sensitivity 80
Controller filtering 70
Force feedback 60

Soft steer dampening ON
Visual wheel filtering OFF
Opposite lock help OFF

this also gives you more play in the throttle, easier to hold part throttle. Gave these setting to 3 friends who only play casual and now they love the game because they can stay on track.

I also play via usb cord to stop the audio drop bug. So perhaps this is also helping with input as above.

Hope this helps. This game is a joy.

LER ODDBALL
08-05-2015, 23:10
Best set up I have found so far.

:positive::positive::positive::positive::positive:

Kivi1118
09-05-2015, 08:20
Your settings are really good for me (my own setting are nearly the same). But the main problem is, that a controller driver can't drive against a wheel driver especially in rain, i know it's a simulation, but it is a console game and the biggest part of players drive with controller, and a support from the computer like Forza Motorsport would be great for all controller players.

XmasTeaTowel
09-05-2015, 21:29
LOCK to LOCK bug fix... Set steering to the dpad. Yes it becomes a bit more tappy but is much easier to control than the stick until we get an input patch.