PDA

View Full Version : [Bug]When Alt-tabbing out and back into the game, stuck black screen

bcredeur97
08-05-2015, 18:43
Hello! Been waiting for this game for a while, and its awesome! Very close to real driving and I appreciate that, but I do like reporting bugs so thats what I am here to do.

Here is my problem, was playing with my friend last night, and I had to alt-tab to look something up in a web browser quickly, Whenever I opened the game back up, I clicked on resume and started driving again. Well when I started driving all of a sudden the screen went black (everything was completely black except the HUD). Sound was still there, and I could tell the car was still moving. After a few second the screen "brightened" again and I could faintly see the image, and then it went normal. Then after a few more seconds it went black again. It continues to do this until the game is restarted (i.e. closed and relaunched). I am running an CrossfireX system so that could be something to do with it but im not sure, it seems to be a game issue rather than a graphics or screen issue because the HUD is still completely visible through this.

bcredeur97
08-05-2015, 18:58
Can someone move this to Technical Help and Support, didnt mean to post this in General discussion. Sorry about that

doubledragoncc
08-05-2015, 21:58
Mine crashes if I tab and alt out to do anything too

DD

bcredeur97
10-05-2015, 02:25
bumped. Can a Mod please move this like I had asked?

Hyflex
10-05-2015, 02:31
Hello! Been waiting for this game for a while, and its awesome! Very close to real driving and I appreciate that, but I do like reporting bugs so thats what I am here to do.

Here is my problem, was playing with my friend last night, and I had to alt-tab to look something up in a web browser quickly, Whenever I opened the game back up, I clicked on resume and started driving again. Well when I started driving all of a sudden the screen went black (everything was completely black except the HUD). Sound was still there, and I could tell the car was still moving. After a few second the screen "brightened" again and I could faintly see the image, and then it went normal. Then after a few more seconds it went black again. It continues to do this until the game is restarted (i.e. closed and relaunched). I am running an CrossfireX system so that could be something to do with it but im not sure, it seems to be a game issue rather than a graphics or screen issue because the HUD is still completely visible through this.

The only way I can fix it on my PC is by dragging a window (any window) from my other screens to my main screen, it forcibly minimises the game and then you can just click on the window and it works fine.

On a single screen if the user presses WIN + E it will force minimise the window because Explorer becomes the active window

bcredeur97
10-05-2015, 02:34
The only way I can fix it on my PC is by dragging a window (any window) from my other screens to my main screen, it forcibly minimises the game and then you can just click on the window and it works fine.

On a single screen if the user presses WIN + E it will force minimise the window because Explorer becomes the active window

I will use this as a temporary solution, thanks. But I would like to see this issue fixed!

Hyflex
10-05-2015, 22:15
You and me both, it drives me nuts!

Mahjik
10-05-2015, 22:50
pCARS has never handled ALT-TABBING very well. However, it's not localized to pCARS. Many games have issues with ALT-TAB if they aren't running in Window Mode. In short, don't ALT-TAB with pCARS.

Sizzaonago
12-05-2015, 14:14
Hi
I have a similar issue, this is what I posted on Steam before being redirected here:

First time I launched game, no problems. ALT TAB - because thats how I roll. Suddenly, cannot maximise back into the game. Hear the sounds of the menu and music, but just see my desktop.

Close from task manger and restart, see initial loading screen but then just minimises to desktop. Fixed a couple of times by restarting steam and hoping ... but its not working every time.
Tried bringing it to front, switching tasks, 32 bit/ 64 bit,

In addition, I have 1 screen, and am using a Logitech Driving Force GT

Specs are meaningless but:
MSI GTX 970
Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz
HyperX 8GB 2133 MHz RAM

ex_
12-05-2015, 15:06
pCARS has never handled ALT-TABBING very well. However, it's not localized to pCARS. Many games have issues with ALT-TAB if they aren't running in Window Mode. In short, don't ALT-TAB with pCARS.

one doesn't really have a choice when everything in the game causes you to need to go to a forum and look something up ;)

DayGlow
12-05-2015, 15:15
It's a Steam game, so you can use the browser in the Steam overlay. Shift-Tab instead to get the overlay and then use the browser button at the bottom.