PDA

View Full Version : What is JITTER TWEAK?

Chanur
08-05-2015, 18:56
Hi to all

please Mister Golds...:)

can you please explain jitter tweak its?

its only for rift?,or for control oscilations in FPS?,or...

im lost with google search

thx so much...:barbershop_quartet_

ctd
08-05-2015, 19:10
Hmm, Jitter Tweak has been in the game for years. From the beginning it was sth to fiddle with when you had stutters, but since a long time ago graphics has "matured" and become optimized so I doubt it has any function for most of us. Anyway I never touch that slider anymore and don't think it will do much of a difference. But please try it for your self and report back if you notice any advantages in setting it to different values.

Edit: And no, it's not for the Rift.

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 19:11
Is something about something reducing or amplificating something about the sinusoidal wave.....

I'll be watching this thread also since I have no clue!!

Greybrad
08-05-2015, 19:13
To my understanding it is a pause in the render engine of the game. If you have stuttering graphics (jitter) you may want to increase the value, but higher values can cause perceived input lag. If you edit the value, do it in small steps until you get the best result for your PC.

Chanur
08-05-2015, 19:23
Thx gentlemens

right now put jitter tweak at maximum 75.0 start a solo game with atom500 V8 with maximum ai players 36

any variation in graphics

put at 0 any variation in graphics

right now dont have the wheel and stand pro conncected

im in the process of tweak graphics only and my metodology its make runs whith max players start race and go to garage and spectate the cameras...

btw dont test the input lag im sorry

i start another post with shared memory...;) for not start the question here thx

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 19:25
Keep it at defaults just in case :)

Chanur
08-05-2015, 19:35
Keep it at defaults just in case :)

jeje ok Thx/Gracias Aldo:yes:

one question Aldo in other post you say the best AA are DS2M in terms of visuals/performance,that its true,you combine this with SMAA value or SMAA/FXAA OFF directly (i dont like FXAA...maybe i dont like BLUR jejeje)

thx amigo...;)

Dozer1
08-05-2015, 19:43
Yikes, I changed it last thing yesterday and didn't test it. Can you tell me what the default value is? Thanks!

Chanur
08-05-2015, 19:45
Yikes, I changed it last thing yesterday and didn't test it. Can you tell me what the default value is? Thanks!

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 20:44
jeje ok Thx/Gracias Aldo:yes:

one question Aldo in other post you say the best AA are DS2M in terms of visuals/performance,that its true,you combine this with SMAA value or SMAA/FXAA OFF directly (i dont like FXAA...maybe i dont like BLUR jejeje)

thx amigo...;)

Nice to hear and yes. It's a good tradeoff.

I wish I could be in your place now... So I can walk to Montmeló :P

Disfruta! Enjoy!

Chanur
08-05-2015, 20:55
Nice to hear and yes. It's a good tradeoff.

I wish I could be in your place now... So I can walk to Montmeló :P

Disfruta! Enjoy!

jejeje thx Mister Aldo:yes:

Charger
29-05-2015, 18:29
I messed around with this last night and turning it to 0 took away a lot of the AA jaggies, makes the game look much better, for instance on Nordschliefe on the straight I can see all the way to the end of the track and it looks really smooth, definitely not placebo all tracks look a lot smoother?