PDA

View Full Version : Custom Skins in multiplayer

wajx11
08-05-2015, 19:21
I really wanted to know, although you can select your custom livery in multiplayer, does it actually show to other players?

Neil Bateman
08-05-2015, 19:29
If you have downloaded a skin and placed in the custom liveries folder it will only show in your game.

wajx11
08-05-2015, 19:43
Ok Thank you, do you know if there is any plan for implementation for it to eventually show in multiplayer?

Neil Bateman
10-05-2015, 22:07
I know custom livery options are being developed further but as with games like rfactor the only way for others to see your skin is if they themselves have the same skin in their own game.

Gimpymoo
10-05-2015, 23:28
I know custom livery options are being developed further but as with games like rfactor the only way for others to see your skin is if they themselves have the same skin in their own game.

There is a simple way around this, as used in Trackmania.

The livery file the player is using also has a URL associated with it, thus, anyone in the game can download the skin on the fly. Obviously, the client can turn this feature on/off.

The skins are downloaded and applied "on the fly" as to not interrupt the player experience.

real
03-07-2015, 09:31
forza has been doing this for years, no reason why it couldn't be implemented

finnerss
16-07-2015, 16:03
Same with Live For speed, when you go online you automatically have the skins from other players applied on the fly, and we're talking 2005, 10 years behind in programming... I think it will be implemented eventually.
The problem may also be that in lfs for instance, the skins are lower resolution, it doesn't use .dds format, so all things considered, in a 20 car field, with an average of 2.5 mb of skins, 50mb of custom skins for instance from all players, well, eventually could cause a problem unless you have the option to clear temp files as soon as you exit the race, which could be a good workaround.

Stocky
16-07-2015, 16:09
This would be a very cool feature, along with an edit/paint shop so you can customize your own.
I have no desire to customize my own car if I'm the only one that sees it, but if we could see everyone's, that would be a different story.