PDA

View Full Version : Using a controller is near on impossible

Jakey_43
08-05-2015, 19:24
Anyone else think that the steering is either too much or non existing?
It's one extreme to the next! Tried to be really gentle on the analog stick but yet it will spin out of control
Go to turn a corner and it doesn't want to steer anywhere! Some one help!!!!!

Umer Ahmad
08-05-2015, 19:26
xbox 1?

SpeedFreakDTM
08-05-2015, 19:29
There is another problem with the steering. To see this,:

1: stop your car, (any car)
2: move camera view so you can see your front wheels.
3: Slowly turn left or right untill your car shows FULL LOCK.

You will find, that you have hardly moved the thumbstick.

The only time any car should be at full lock is when my controller is pushed to the extreme left, or the extreme right. All of the travel of my thumbstick should equate to some angle of steering on the car.

Its like the game doesn't know the extremes of the various steering axis on the Xbox One controller.

Please fix this ASAP, along with the issues mentioned above. I want control of how much steering im doing. Right now, i've got more control of the steering using the D-pad.

pipster
08-05-2015, 19:37
I love when a game comes out and everyone automatically assumes there is a bug with the game when they can't master it first time.

Any chance it could be a case of getting used to car? Knowing when to accelerate into a corner or when to brake into a corner? It could be the car setup and even things like tyre pressure to help over and under steering.

Personally I'm loving it that its like this and that every car doesn't drive the same. I'm still just using free practice and getting used to driving circuits and learning the car and settings before starting a career.

Top game so far but feel the game will be enhanced when I sort a steering wheel out for it ��

SpeedFreakDTM
08-05-2015, 19:47
@pipster.......follow the steps I said.

Its got nothing to do with knowing the car.

ALL cars turns to full lock, with only slight movement of the thumbstick. Thats wrong, on any game or car. If I only want to steer slightly, I should be able to. I can do it on all FORZA games, and any car game Ive ever played on the Xbox 360 or ONE.

This is a sim game, but the controller needs the steering axis re mapped so it recognises where full lock is.

Its plainly obvious to anyone who has a look.

Ironfistedmonk
08-05-2015, 19:57
Definite problem with the xbox one, I barely have to touch the left stick and the car is trying to chase it's tail, the steering is way too over sensitive and no amount of messing around with the settings has fixed it for me. I can play perfectly fine with the DS4 so it's nothing to do with learning the car.

Jakey_43
08-05-2015, 19:57
Yeah xb1

Jakey_43
08-05-2015, 19:58
I love everything so far a part no sound in my headset when I brake or go off track but I feel the full lock needs remapping that's all

could_do_better
08-05-2015, 20:00
Look at the XB1 controller threads, there are suggestions to do with deadzone and sensitivity that have helped some.

MisterO
08-05-2015, 20:00
Did you check this thread ?
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21858-Xbox-One-Controller-Settings-Problems-amp-Solutions

Gamepad firmware is updated?

timmehcaster
08-05-2015, 20:19
it's next to impossible on PC as well (yeah, I know...!). I use an xbox controller on my PC and it's nigh on impossible to race. Throttle control is fine, if a little sensitive, but steering is the main issue. It goes from 0 to full lock at the merest touch, even with the sensitivity turned right down. Any ideas?

KiwiMan
09-05-2015, 04:47
I'm on PC with an Xbox One controller and had the same problem at first. I went straight to the settings, turned off the steering deadzones and turned the sensitivity way down. That fixed all issues for me. I mean, the game sometimes still feels a bit twitchy but I'm putting that down to not being used to it compared to Forza and the F1 2014 which I have been playing more recently.

Every new racing game feels completely different, especially for things like steering and being able to tell when the brakes are about to lock etc.

I don't know if you can change deadzones and sensitivity on the Xbox, but that was definitely the solution for me on PC. Timmehcaster, I see you've already turned down the sensitivity, but have you tried removing the steering deadzones?

UnderdogD
09-05-2015, 06:11
Pc and eggbox controller here. I think most can be sorted by tweaking the controller and learning the car and game. I had a big problem with staying in a straight line. Especially with the super karts. Little adjustment on the straight meant big weaving. Turned the dead zone down and lowered front tire pressure. Makes it manageable. Maybe those karts really are as twitchy or I need some more fine tuning.... Great great game....

0zzy94
09-05-2015, 06:44
I use a T500rs and for curiosity used the PS4 controller for a lap or two. Had no issues tbh, I was a good 1.5s+ off my wheel time but felt pretty darned good. Probs an X1 issue? Idk

YDS55
09-05-2015, 07:31
Use this:

Steering deadzone: 0

Steering sensitivity: 0

Throttle deadzone: 0

Throttle sensitivity: 30

Brake deadzone: 0

Brake sensitivity: 15

Clutch: 0

Clutch sensitivity: 45

Speed sensitivity: 75

Controller filtering sensitivity: 50

Force feedback: 100

Controller input mode 3

Advanced off

Hope this helps.

ABR Getif
09-05-2015, 07:55
https://youtu.be/VpmvwDjWLSw

Steering bug

Ed Mas
09-05-2015, 08:13
it's next to impossible on PC as well (yeah, I know...!). I use an xbox controller on my PC and it's nigh on impossible to race. Throttle control is fine, if a little sensitive, but steering is the main issue. It goes from 0 to full lock at the merest touch, even with the sensitivity turned right down. Any ideas?

Don't know if you're using a xbone or xb360 pad but give these settings a try. I've been using them for a while now, and several other people that have tried it have found them to be pretty good. I can keep up with *most* wheel users no problem.

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/uploads-eu.hipchat.com/29607/634817/eh82tBbNAeQrm5m/1.jpg

https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/uploads-eu.hipchat.com/29607/634817/6ugzzXDYntOVMAB/2.jpg

NegSpec13
09-05-2015, 09:31
I had problems with understeer at first but now everything is much better.

Steering Deadzone is 0

Steering Sensitivity is 30

Francorchamps
09-05-2015, 09:41
I love when a game comes out and everyone automatically assumes there is a bug with the game when they can't master it first time.

Any chance it could be a case of getting used to car? Knowing when to accelerate into a corner or when to brake into a corner? It could be the car setup and even things like tyre pressure to help over and under steering.

Personally I'm loving it that its like this and that every car doesn't drive the same. I'm still just using free practice and getting used to driving circuits and learning the car and settings before starting a career.

Top game so far but feel the game will be enhanced when I sort a steering wheel out for it ��

It's not a bug but it's also not the case that people are whining because they can't master the game. When I first played the game I thought it was me that had to master the car handling, but when I used one of the set ups for controllers that was posted on reddit it turned out that it was not the cars you had to master but the controller set ups. I shared this set up with friends who also said the cars were undrivable and after applying this set up they all agreed that there were no handling problems.

Clearly SMS messed up the standard controller set up for consoles. Console gamers aren't used to have adjust their controllers for a game. I don't know if their were test builds for consoles but I assume the community never got to test the console builds and that's why this has been overlooked.

chuckc
09-05-2015, 12:44
It's not a bug but it's also not the case that people are whining because they can't master the game. When I first played the game I thought it was me that had to master the car handling, but when I used one of the set ups for controllers that was posted on reddit it turned out that it was not the cars you had to master but the controller set ups. I shared this set up with friends who also said the cars were undrivable and after applying this set up they all agreed that there were no handling problems.

Clearly SMS messed up the standard controller set up for consoles. Console gamers aren't used to have adjust their controllers for a game. I don't know if their were test builds for consoles but I assume the community never got to test the console builds and that's why this has been overlooked.

So, dear belgian mate, can you share your settings ? ;-)

Francorchamps
09-05-2015, 12:49
So, dear belgian mate, can you share your settings ? ;-)

This is for PS4
Input mode 3

Steering Deadzone - 20
Steering Sensitivity - 0

Throttle Deadzone - 20
Throttle Sensitivity - 0

Brake Deadzone - 20
Brake Sensitivity - 0

Clutch Deadzone - 0
Clutch Sensitivity - 45

Speed Sensitivity - 70
Controller Filtering Sensitiivity - 0

Force Feedback - 80
RPM/Gear Display - Yes

Advanced - Off

berniev666
09-05-2015, 13:39
I had big trouble when I first started the game yesterday!
The cars would not corner in Career mode or Freeplay, hence the XBOXONE controller had to be calibrated or an upgrade was needed.
I tried a few of the calibrations which did not do me much improvement.....the steering was still shot and the cars went anywhere.
I then performed a firm wear upgrade on the XB1 controller itself and hey presto all is fine at the moment!
I went from not being able to get round the first bend in a Kart to winning a Championship.
My advice for any one having mega trouble making the cars go correctly around a bend or work on a XB1......upgrade the controller before you start playing!

Mad Al
09-05-2015, 13:55
This is for PS4

Steering Deadzone - 20
Steering Sensitivity - 0

Throttle Deadzone - 20
Throttle Sensitivity - 0

Brake Deadzone - 20
Brake Sensitivity - 0

Clutch Deadzone - 0
Clutch Sensitivity - 45

Speed Sensitivity - 70
Controller Filtering Sensitiivity - 0

Force Feedback - 80
RPM/Gear Display - Yes

Advanced - Off

Did you forget the mode....

menaceuk
09-05-2015, 13:55
Question: What does 'advanced' do in the control settings menu?

As for my controller settings on Xbox One...

mode 3
Throttle Dead zone - 0%
Throttle Sensitivity - 30%
Brake Dead Zone - 10%
Brake Sensitivity - 15%
Control Filtering Sensitivity - 50%
Steering Dead Zone - 5-10%
Steering Sensitivity - 0
Speed Sensitivity - 60-65%

Those settings are working pretty damn well for me.

Francorchamps
09-05-2015, 14:18
Did you forget the mode....

mode 3

DeKoeDoetBoe
09-05-2015, 14:58
I use this controller setup as a casual car sim player.
With this setup i can keep all cars pretty steady and good control when making little errors in the corners.

Controller: Ps3 Sixaxis
Controller input mode: 3
Advanced OFF

Stearing deadzone: 15
Stearing sens.: 0
Throttle deadzone:0
Throttle sens.:30
Break deadzone:13
Break sens.:15
Clutch deadzone:0
Cluth sens.:45
Speed sens.: 75
Controller filtering sens.: 50
Force feedback 80

peregrine7
09-05-2015, 15:09
Some of the best times in builds 900-998 were set by some guy with a pad! Just fiddle with the settings a little, there's plenty there for you to make the most of.

Bazil018
10-05-2015, 08:31
Question: What does 'advanced' do in the control settings menu?

As for my controller settings on Xbox One...

mode 3
Throttle Dead zone - 0%
Throttle Sensitivity - 30%
Brake Dead Zone - 10%
Brake Sensitivity - 15%
Control Filtering Sensitivity - 50%
Steering Dead Zone - 5-10%
Steering Sensitivity - 0
Speed Sensitivity - 60-65%

i used these settings after controller for Xbox one wasn't good

They have made a big difference. Much better.

Still not perfect but game now bearable.