PDA

View Full Version : Hardly any FFB with Thrustmaster TX ? - Read This !

Icaru5
08-05-2015, 19:30
OK, so I downloaded the digital copy yesterday, calibrated my wheel and was ready to go.

WTF I thought, where's the force feedback ? - tried everything, all different cars, FFB was already on 100%, spent ages adjusting all the settings. Still hardly any FFB, then I discovered something ...

When you calibrate the wheel, the second stage tells you to HOLD the wheel at 90 degrees and then press A. If you just position it at 90 degrees without holding it and then push A, the wheel will violently centre itself, and then you will have almost no force feedback. You Must HOLD the wheel whilst you press A and keep hold until you feel the wheel reduce its force within your grasp. (Edit: You must keep hold and only release after you've pressed A a second time to Save.) Brace yourself though 'cos as soon as you push A, it wants to spin !

Hope this helps, 'cos I just knew there had to be something !

Now go enjoy !!! :cool:

Ic.

HEF51
08-05-2015, 19:41
Don't turn it 90 degrees but rather turn it to where it will say 900 degrees.

Benja190782
08-05-2015, 19:48
What if I have the DSD adaptor on my TX base and a OMP wheel with no buttons - could I calibrate by pushing A on the controller next to me??

Icaru5
08-05-2015, 20:04
Don't turn it 90 degrees but rather turn it to where it will say 900 degrees.

Yep, completely agree.

I thought it worth posting, because although it does say HOLD the wheel, it's just didn't seem like the right thing to do !

After reading a few posts from others who had the same issue (ie. No FFB), I just thought it might help someone !.

Bryer
08-05-2015, 20:11
I'm not a big fan of rotating it 900 degrees to get full lock though, which in essence what this means. Will try the FFB fix later.

Icaru5
08-05-2015, 20:13
I'm not a big fan of rotating it 900 degrees to get full lock though, which in essence what this means. Will try the FFB fix later.

The main thing is, just keep the wheel held whilst pressing A and keep it held for a few seconds, otherwise, you'll have no FFB !

Lotusnut
08-05-2015, 20:43
Thanks guys, was struggling with this, worked perfectly. Have actually had to turn tyre feedback down a bit now :)

BabaBooey
08-05-2015, 22:24
Wow I just spent like an hour playing around with FFB settings and now that I've done this the difference is huge. I was looking at the HUD before and I wasn't getting any of the white line at all, which is the rumble. I couldn't feel the rumble strips at all.

Benja190782
08-05-2015, 22:45
I can confirm that this helps alot! Now it's so strong I had to put the FB from 100 to 60.

It feels AMAZING! Sooo much better than Forza!

Bryer
09-05-2015, 00:51
I can confirm that this works 100% and fixes the FFB issues.

Disease
09-05-2015, 01:47
wow this needs to be stickied! i like most people also let the wheel snap back to centre once i pressed A..
the settings in this game have such great depth but theres far too little info given to us regarding it all.

good job Icaru5

2000Viper
09-05-2015, 05:16
You would think someone could have tested this before release and fixed it. Seriously? Waiting since November and we have to hold a violently shaking wheel to get force feedback.. Sorry for being negative. Glad for the post and help but geeze

TwoClick
09-05-2015, 07:31
Another victim here, funny...the cal just thought I was super weak.

I was using spindle scale to get good ffb, so start again. Good post thanks

CQR Cobblepop
09-05-2015, 07:58
I'm not sure this is good advice. I think the wheel is supposed to centre itself after calibration.

I was experiencing the same problem with the TX producing very little FFB and a friend pointed out that within the tuning setup of each car, there's a tab for FFB which has another option to adjust the strength on each car individually. Within this setting the default for all cars is pretty low at 26, so, increasing this number will vastly improve the strength and feel of the TX.

Bryer
09-05-2015, 08:22
I'm not sure this is good advice. I think the wheel is supposed to centre itself after calibration.

I was experiencing the same problem with the TX producing very little FFB and a friend pointed out that within the tuning setup of each car, there's a tab for FFB which has another option to adjust the strength on each car individually. Within this setting the default for all cars is pretty low at 26, so, increasing this number will vastly improve the strength and feel of the TX.

Would be nice for the Devs or Elmo to get some clarification posted on the forums about this issue! Holding the wheel at 90,AMD fighting the ffb really does improve handling though.

RoccoTTS
09-05-2015, 08:40
Good post guys, calibrate the wheel properly is the best solution for me. Now the ffb is much better.
Can this post be a sticky ? A lot of people are struggling with this problem.

Icaru5
09-05-2015, 09:32

I went through all this before I discovered how to properly calibrate the wheel (by HOLDING) during the 90 degree calibration. Increasing the master scale significantly did increase the feedback, but in a completely wrong way, and just made it a rattly mess.

I remember I did actually do a couple of laps before the game had finished completely downloading, and before I had gone into the wheel calibration and the feedback was OK. It was only after doing the calibration without holding it that the FFB broke, so people who just play the game without going into the calibration won't have experienced the problem.

After all, it does actually say HOLD the wheel at 90, but I had assumed we were not calibrating the feedback, just the alignment/rotation setup of the wheel, and always made the mistake of letting go. Obviously the resistance that you provide against the torque of the wheel as it attempts to centralise itself is used as a reference for the FFB calculations.

CQR Cobblepop
09-05-2015, 11:32
I don't profess to know much about this stuff but in the racing sims I've played I've never come across a calibration process which requires you to fight against the self-centreing motion in order to generate a point of reference... it just doesn't seem right.

In reference to the instruction to HOLD the wheel at a 90° angle, I think it's too ambiguous to say what this means. Regardless of whether the instruction intends you to hold the wheel whilst self-centreing or not, the instruction would always be HOLD because what's the alternative? STAB the wheel at a 90° angle?

Please understand I'm not saying your method is wrong or even that it doesn't work, I'm merely offering a contrary opinion and an alternative method to augment the FFB which has worked absolutely perfectly for myself and various others with no "rattly mess"

wearymick
09-05-2015, 11:39
It would be nice if we could get confirmation from someone on the dev team about all this.

CQR Cobblepop
09-05-2015, 11:46
After all, it does actually say HOLD the wheel at 90, but I had assumed we were not calibrating the feedback, just the alignment/rotation setup of the wheel, and always made the mistake of letting go.

Just a further point on this.

The instruction is to HOLD the wheel at a 90° angle and press 'A'. There are no instructions on what to do after pressing 'A' which is the point the self-centreing action occurs. The only way I can interpret that is once you've pressed the 'A' button, you've done all the holding you need to do, so... let go ;)

The Monk
09-05-2015, 12:52
Hi, I tried this and it never worked at all for me. Any ideas anyone? I spent 12 hours yesterday trying to find some decent ffb with no real results.
Cheers

CQR Cobblepop
09-05-2015, 13:26
Have you tried changing the ffb setting in a specific cars tuning setup?

The Monk
09-05-2015, 13:37
Yes I messed with the settings for hours yesterday and i did get more feeling from the bmw z4 gt3 and the 125 kart but still couldn't feel any rumble strips or small curbs. I can't believe you would have to make a setup for every car for every track, I dont mind tweaking settings to get better lap times but there should definitely be over all settings for the wheel separate from car settings

The Monk
09-05-2015, 14:39
I have a decent setup for the 125 karts if anyones interested.

Tyre pressure: Set them all to 0.65
brake pressure: 80%
Brake balance: 53%
TCS: 10%

FFB
Master scale 150
Fx scale 30.00
Fy scale 100.01
Fz scale 150
Mz scale 80.00
Fx smooth 50
Fy smooth 50
Fz smooth 30
Mz smooth 40
Arm angle 0.0

Let us know if this helps anyone.

Benja190782
09-05-2015, 14:52
My TX wheel just lost all FFB after I went back to the pit. Any solution or fix for that loss of FFB?

The Monk
09-05-2015, 14:59
It does thst to me now and then and I just have to restart the sessions to get it working again, if that doesn't work turning the wheel off at the wall then turning back on when you get the prompt should

BabaBooey
09-05-2015, 15:47
Its so weird. After I did this I swear I saw a second line on the ffb HUD that indicated rumble. It felt really good, but now I can't get it to work again

The Monk
09-05-2015, 15:58
?? I'm not sur what the ffb hud is but if you go to your garage and edit the setup there then save it for all karts and sll tracks it should be there for you, it works well for me but I like alot of feed back, sometimes i might dial the master scale down a bit if its too harsh like at summerton.
I didnt have lap times in mind when I done this but it has brought them down for me.

HarryD
09-05-2015, 22:26
Doesn't work for me..:(

Bryer
10-05-2015, 08:58
Make sure you still increase the Tire feedback in the force feed back menu to 150 to 175.

Fert
10-05-2015, 09:24
Make sure you still increase the Tire feedback in the force feed back menu to 150 to 175.

I have my overall tire force set st 75 and my cars tire force set at 70 and its amazing. Rumble trips feel good and lose of traction too. I did do the hold at 90 calibration and it worked a treat. Totally love this game. The gt3 class Is just a joy to drive

Icaru5
10-05-2015, 10:57
Hi, I tried this and it never worked at all for me. Any ideas anyone? I spent 12 hours yesterday trying to find some decent ffb with no real results.
Cheers

You need to keep hold until you've pressed A a second time to save. I've edited my original post to this effect.

I'd be interested to hear your feedback after doing this.

Ic.

Icaru5
10-05-2015, 10:58
Doesn't work for me..:(

Make sure you keep hold of the wheel, and only release after you've pressed A a second time to save. Original post edited !

The Monk
10-05-2015, 11:43
Mans inky??

The Monk
10-05-2015, 11:46
Hi, yea I've held the wheel until I've pressed A a second time and still no joy, I don't feel the ffb subside while I'm holding it either

Icaru5
10-05-2015, 11:53
Mans inky??

;) Apple Spell correction ! - I really do need to turn that off ! - corrected ...

The Monk
10-05-2015, 12:11
Haha that's better, still no joy for me with the hold the wheel thing. Gutted

itakethepics
11-05-2015, 07:54
so glad i found this thread, was getting sick of changing the FFB of every car, will give it a go when in from work :)

Alter_Schwede62
11-05-2015, 08:13

This is absolutely the correct solution without breaking our wrists.
And it is great, because so the FFB settings can be set for every tracks single, or if we want, for all tracks together.
A real great option of Car Projects!

onimoD
11-05-2015, 14:45
Thanks Ic. I was thinking the FFB not working was a bug for which I was going to have to wait for a fix until I followed your instructions.

Icaru5
11-05-2015, 18:32
Thanks Ic. I was thinking the FFB not working was a bug for which I was going to have to wait for a fix until I followed your instructions.

The pleasure's all mine sir. Hope you enjoy ;)

Benja190782
11-05-2015, 18:38
@Icaru5: Did you read the post about this method not being the right solution, because the wheel is supposed to turn to center - and that the FFB should be adjusted per car in the tuning setup.
(I'll find the post in a sec.)

What do you think about that, mate?

EDIT: Oh you did on page 2 - sorry! But we still need a dev. to confirm this is the right way to do it??

Icaru5
11-05-2015, 19:26
@Icaru5: Did you read the post about this method not being the right solution, because the wheel is supposed to turn to center - and that the FFB should be adjusted per car in the tuning setup.
(I'll find the post in a sec.)

What do you think about that, mate?

EDIT: Oh you did on page 2 - sorry! But we still need a dev. to confirm this is the right way to do it??

Yeah, I did read the post, and of course welcome anyone's opinion, but for me, what works, works ! - I'm not gonna waste time and energy on pushing for an explanation, I've other things to do !

If it helps others too, then even better :cool:

If anything, I just hope the devs don't touch anything now with regards to the FFB 'cos after doing the Hold calibration it's perfect.

Either it is simply a bug, or it's supposed to be that way, but it just isn't explained properly in the calibration. I really don't' mind which it is, 'cos it's very easy to correct, and as it was the only issue I've had with the game (apart from a very minor issue when recording using the Xbox One DVR), I'm certainly not complaining !

Let's not forget, the lack of feedback only happened after calibrating and not holding. "Out of the Box", i.e. Pre calibration without holding, the feedback was fine.

Even though I have calibrated mine by holding, I still increase the tyre scale on some cars just to give that little extra. I find that calibrating it without using the HOLD method, and heavily ramping other settings up gives an all or nothing feel as soon as power oversteer is encountered. It feels like your steering column has snapped, rather than that the rears have lost traction, and unrealistically results in excessive countersteer due to the large step transition.

Ic.

HEF51
11-05-2015, 19:50
Yes a confirmation from SMS on this matter would be nice.

The Monk
11-05-2015, 20:10
The thing is though there are some people like myself who the hold at 90° trick doesn't work for so I hope they do bring out a patch because I'm desperate to get stuck in to some good racing and all ive been doing since release day it messing around with settings trying to get some decent feedback. Come back forza I forgive you!!

xbox one
tx racing wheel

Benja190782
11-05-2015, 20:10
Yes a confirmation from SMS on this matter would be nice.

^^
THIS!

@IC: you are perfectly right - when the back end is loose you can really feel the loss of traction and how it comes back from a slide! The feeling is the most realistic I've ever experienced in a racing game on console!
The odd thing is - some people are reporting that the FFB feels better on PC over the XB1 version!??
Which I can hardly believe when I'm playing on the Xbox One only and it feels sooo good right now!

Icaru5
11-05-2015, 21:22
^^
THIS!

@IC: you are perfectly right - when the back end is loose you can really feel the loss of traction and how it comes back from a slide! The feeling is the most realistic I've ever experienced in a racing game on console!
The odd thing is - some people are reporting that the FFB feels better on PC over the XB1 version!??
Which I can hardly believe when I'm playing on the Xbox One only and it feels sooo good right now!

Tell me about it. It's incredible to think it's a game. Nothing else I've played on anything even comes close. This really is it.

Great to hear you're enjoying it too ;)

Ch1ps N Queso
12-05-2015, 04:56
I've played on PC (FFB that blew me away) and now I've played on X1 (Feels like Forza. Also known as feels like dog poo).

Tried the tips posted in here to fix it. Didn't work. Tried some workaround stuff of my own. Didn't work.

Please fix this. Thanks.

toekneeg
12-05-2015, 05:54
Same here. PC was amazing. Now on the X1 barely anything. Already read the entire thread and followed directions. It helped, but maybe 40% of the force I felt on PC.

HEF51
12-05-2015, 06:13
Wow I don't know what to say. This workaround did not work at all. Wheel feels dead.

Ch1ps N Queso
12-05-2015, 06:34
At the moment the only way to get some FFB in the wheel is to edit the FFB in the tuning menu for each and every car. Not even sure this is the FFB the developers intended us to experience, but at least it feels like your wheel has a working motor.

This step is not required when playing on PC. You simply calibrate the wheel and you feel FFB with the first car/track combo you try.

Please let us know whether or not this is a bug or if this is how the game is supposed to be on X1.

RoccoTTS
12-05-2015, 07:55
I did some testing for a few hours. These are my conclusions :
I calibrated my wheel a few times by holding the wheel at 90 and a few times by let it go without holding it at 90. There is no difference in ffb at all. It feels the same.
The only thing that gives me a very good ffb is increase the tire ffb in the main menu. You can set the tire ffb from 125 to 150 (personal pref.). Above 150 the ffb is to strong and you get ffb clipping.

toekneeg
12-05-2015, 12:16
Tire FFB was moved to 200. No change. Went to individual car settings. Nothing changed.

The Monk
12-05-2015, 12:46
Hi, First of all let me just say im a fan of PCars so im not here to slate it, I had the game on pre order since it was possible and was at the shop first thing on release day to pick it up, since then I've been on it every day but not enjoying it as I'd like but instead I've been back and forth between free practice and the tangled rats nest of settings trying to get a proper feeling from my TX Wheel. I have had some success by tinkering with the FFB within the car settings and after a while you start to think yeah this is starting to feel right! But this morning I thought I'd dig Forza out and see how the FFB compared and I can honestly say that at this moment PCars is way off as far as feeling goes. This is a real shame as I had such high hopes for this game and Forza falls short of it in amost every other department but the one thing you really need above all from racing games like these is a proper "feeling" from the controls especially when it comes down to racing wheels and at the moment this game is falling way short. Please whoever is in charge of sorting these problems out make them a priority and let us enjoy this game to its full potential.
I encourage anyone who still has Forza to first do a few laps of Spa in the Renault Megane R.S. 265 on PCars the stick Forza on and do the same. Tell us what you think.
I hope no one takes offence to this, like I said I'm not slating the game I'm just pointing out some serious issues that need sorting out and I'm sure that once these problems do get fixed this will be by far the best console racing game yet, especially comparing it to in my opinion the disappointing hollow shell of a game Forza is.

RoccoTTS
12-05-2015, 12:57
I am (was) a huge fan of Forza, but with ffb changes i've made (see above), i can honestly say the overall feeling and ffb of the cars in pCars is waaaaaay better than Forza.
Probably i never go back to Forza ever !!

The Monk
12-05-2015, 13:17
I am (was) a huge fan of Forza, but with ffb changes i've made (see above), i can honestly say the overall feeling and ffb of the cars in pCars is waaaaaay better than Forza.
Probably i never go back to Forza ever !! Have you put Forza back in and compared? Because after days of tinkering and scouring the net for setups myself I thought I had it sorted but after putting it againt Forza in my opinion PCars is still way of what it should be, the kerbs around Spa alone are enough to make me realize that.

The Monk
12-05-2015, 13:29
Have you put Forza back in and compared? Because after days of tinkering and scouring the net for setups myself I thought I had it sorted but after putting it againt Forza in my opinion PCars is still way of what it should be, the kerbs around Spa alone are enough to make me realize that. I'm not saying Forza is a better racer im just saying there is work to be done on the controls especially the FFB and I'm worried that people thinking they've got the right setup and everything is fine when not actually comparing might make the problem seem less urgent to the developer's. I love what PCars should be and I really hope and I'm sure they will sort these problems out but in the mean time I dont want to go any further in to the game, wasting it, until it feels right then I can enjoy it as its meant to be not just blitzing through the game so when a fix does come out I've all but finished it and its too late.

Ch1ps N Queso
12-05-2015, 13:32
Made a post in the bug/tech support area to get some answers. If your TX feel is similar to Forza, kind of dead in the middle without bumping up settings, you're simply not getting the FFB you should be getting. You should be feeling very robust FFB after calibration.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24131-Thrustmaster-TX-FFB-Very-Light-Compared-to-PC-PS4&p=902316#post902316

Benja190782
12-05-2015, 13:44
Probably i never go back to Forza ever !!

^^
THIS

The Monk
12-05-2015, 13:57
No matter how much tinkering you do in the settings you wont ever get the rumble strips to feel right thats why I'm recommending people especially the ones who do feel like they've found the perfect setup to do a few laps round Spa on Forza hitting as many kerbs as possible on the way then maybe the problem will be acknowledged and taken as seriously as it should be.

turbohondaej1
12-05-2015, 14:21
I think some of the problems are programming issues try Watkins Glen gp with aerial atom 500. Some cars feel like crap others feel great. Some cars have better feel too.

RoccoTTS
12-05-2015, 14:44
No matter how much tinkering you do in the settings you wont ever get the rumble strips to feel right thats why I'm recommending people especially the ones who do feel like they've found the perfect setup to do a few laps round Spa on Forza hitting as many kerbs as possible on the way then maybe the problem will be acknowledged and taken as seriously as it should be.

I think you get it wrong, ffb is not only the feeling you get when you go over rumble strips. FFB is feeling weight transfer, feeling the tires loosing grip...
And yes i played Forza the day before pCars came out so i could compare the two.

RoccoTTS
12-05-2015, 14:47
Tire FFB was moved to 200. No change. Went to individual car settings. Nothing changed.

So you tel me you don't feel no difference between 100 and 200 tire ffb ? :confused:

The Monk
12-05-2015, 15:04
I think you get it wrong, ffb is not only the feeling you get when you go over rumble strips. FFB is feeling weight transfer, feeling the tires loosing grip...
And yes i played Forza the day before pCars came out so i could compare the two.
No I'm not saying its all about kerbs, but if you cant feel kerbs as you should then there is obviously something wrong. Messing with the endless amount of settings is bound to make the FFB feel better but there should definitely be more feeling from the start and the lack of feeling from the kerbs is an obvious indicator that something is wrong.

wb7racing
12-05-2015, 15:39
Ive noticed you cant feel kerbs but if you get 2 wheels on the grass/dirt you can feel that, its almost like the ffb is not programmed correctly for kerbs

MelBonkers
12-05-2015, 17:06
When configuring your wheel you have two steps:
1). First you need to turn the wheel full lock so the game knows what's the full degree for lock-to-lock travel. Remember the NUMBER of degrees that your wheel will turn full lock-to-lock.
2). Second step is to turn the wheel 90 degrees and HOLD the wheel at exact the number of degrees you got at step 1. You can also lower the self centering spring setting of the wheel (if you like that) to make it easier to hold in this position.

Hope this helps.

HEF51
12-05-2015, 17:26
When configuring your wheel you have two steps:
1). First you need to turn the wheel full lock so the game knows what's the full degree for lock-to-lock travel. Remember the NUMBER of degrees that your wheel will turn full lock-to-lock.
2). Second step is to turn the wheel 90 degrees and HOLD the wheel at exact the number of degrees you got at step 1. You can also lower the self centering spring setting of the wheel (if you like that) to make it easier to hold in this position.

Hope this helps.

The calibrating page seems rather confusing. If you follow the instruction as told, you go full lock to the left or right till it say 100, then press A. Next step says to turn 90 degrees. On the calibration screen it says "steering lock 228 degrees". This seems way off, I try it and it feels like poo. Almost no FFB and have to turn it a mile to get the car to turn.

Second time I tried calibrating it, I do the full lock and then turn the wheel until it says "steering lock 900 degrees", which seems to be turning the wheel two times around. This feels better but the FFB is still not there. Nowhere as strong as playing on the PC>

The calibration on X1 just seems to be messed up. Because if you follow the instructions to the T, the wheel is horribly off. Maybe my game is messed up, who knows...

MelBonkers
12-05-2015, 17:51
The calibrating page seems rather confusing. If you follow the instruction as told, you go full lock to the left or right till it say 100, then press A. Next step says to turn 90 degrees. On the calibration screen it says "steering lock 228 degrees". This seems way off, I try it and it feels like poo. Almost no FFB and have to turn it a mile to get the car to turn.

Second time I tried calibrating it, I do the full lock and then turn the wheel until it says "steering lock 900 degrees", which seems to be turning the wheel two times around. This feels better but the FFB is still not there. Nowhere as strong as playing on the PC>

The calibration on X1 just seems to be messed up. Because if you follow the instructions to the T, the wheel is horribly off. Maybe my game is messed up, who knows...

That's strange. I described the calibration process on PC as I thought it was the same for all platforms. I only have an XBox One controller and no wheel on XB1. I found this video of an early build that shows what I'm trying to say. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwDDgGbOcSk

The calibration works in essence the same as in the video, but I will try to make a video of the release version we have now.

I will try to make a video myself later, assuming this works the same for XBOX one. Could you make a video of your issues?

RoccoTTS
12-05-2015, 18:45

I think there is something wrong with your wheel or game. Because if i turn my wheel half a turn(90°) it says "steering lock 900 degrees". You have to turn your wheel 2 times around before it says "steering lock 900 degrees".

turbohondaej1
12-05-2015, 18:45
Ive noticed you cant feel kerbs but if you get 2 wheels on the grass/dirt you can feel that, its almost like the ffb is not programmed correctly for kerbs

That I think is the problem it is only certain kerbs that present this to me. Certain tracks half the kerbs work for ffb. What is weird is that you have sounds of going over them but no feel.

RoccoTTS
12-05-2015, 18:50
That's strange. I described the calibration process on PC as I thought it was the same for all platforms. I only have an XBox One controller and no wheel on XB1. I found this video of an early build that shows what I'm trying to say. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwDDgGbOcSk

The calibration works in essence the same as in the video, but I will try to make a video of the release version we have now.

I will try to make a video myself later, assuming this works the same for XBOX one. Could you make a video of your issues?

I think it is the same on xbox as you described.

JakeFitz24
12-05-2015, 22:03
Can we go a little bit more in depth eith what i have to do to make my ffb stronger? Im really confused

JakeFitz24
12-05-2015, 22:18
Its not working for me idk what to do

The Monk
12-05-2015, 22:25
Its not working for me idk what to do

Whats not working for you?

The Monk
12-05-2015, 22:48
If you want stronger FFB you can try these settings:-
Options / Controls / configuration / Calibrate Force Feedback

dead zone removal range 0.05
scoop knee 0.40
scoop reduction 0.15. Leave everything else here as is

This next part you'll have to do with every car
Edit or create tuning setup depending if your at a track or in your garage
Go across to force feedback
slide madter scale up to 40
fx scale 110.01
fy scale 110.01
fz scale 200.00
mz scale 110.01

Fx smoothing 10.0
fy smoothing 10.0
fz smoothing 0.0
mz smoothing 10.0

press accelerator once for next page of settings
SoP Scale 10.0
SoP lateral scale 10.0
Sop differential scale 10.0
leave everything else as is.

this is just a setup im using at the mo which ive found though trial and error,
i will be adding more as i go on

Rxhevntt
12-05-2015, 22:51
I spent 4 hours last night trying everything I could find on the web. As a result, I am exhausted from staying up until 4, but my FFB is still weak--like 70's Cadillac weak. I didn't even get to do a single race. FFB is strong--Forza strong--when exiting the pits under CPU control, but as soon as it's manual control (my control) it goes numb, almost non-existent. Please, someone help me! I know something is wrong--it isn't my wheel because Forza is fine.

Yes--I have turned everything to 200 and every setting in between. Yes, both settings for each individual car and the global settings. I have watched the inside sim racing YouTube video, it was great, but worthless to my issue.

NOTE: I am not talking about car control, I set a top 200 time with little-no FFB the one lap I actually did do, with no assists. and I have no problem controlling the car even without FFB, but this is not the experience I paid for. I too am afraid--and not without reason since this thread has been marked by the devs as having a workaround--that this is a real issue that will go overlooked because of this calibration trick that is obviously not working for all.

Scrufy
13-05-2015, 03:40
I also have the xBone version and PC version and a TX. I have the same issue. Very weak FFB in xBone. The PC version felt great out of the box and Intried the Jake Spade tweaker settings in the PC troubleshooting section and PC version got even better. I tried adjusting xBone based on what I could figure out from Jakes xml file and still just not there.
This is just another thing that will need to get patched.. Or better yet I'd really like to see an advanced tab with the current settings to make everyone happy that wants to dig deep but just have a simple light, medium, strong setting for simple setup... Geese, cmon..

RoccoTTS
13-05-2015, 06:44
For all the people who have weak ffb, try this :
I set the tire ffb at 150 and leave everything else standard.
Be sure you set your wheel to 900° and calibrate the wheel.

Let me know if this works, it works for me.

HEF51
13-05-2015, 07:42

I mean cranking the tireforce up helps a little with FFB and rumble but comes no where close to what it should feel like compared to PC.

RoccoTTS
13-05-2015, 08:36
I mean cranking the tireforce up helps a little with FFB and rumble but comes no where close to what it should feel like compared to PC.

Ok, thanks. Good to know, because i never played this on pc so i can't compare the two. I only can compare it to Forza, and it's better than Forza IMO.

ARusling
13-05-2015, 08:38
I tried the method in OP last night and it didn't make a difference, however I tried changing the settings and that improved things somewhat, but I still can't feel the kerbs. If anything, the steering is too heavy and it hurts my hands after a while! I'll have another play with the settings tonight after work though.

Raven403
13-05-2015, 12:53
Ok so some people are posting telling others to calibrate a certain way and there seems to be some confusion so let me throw my two cents in.
I have Pcars on PC and X1 The calibration on PC was the same as X1 HOWEVER, when I calibrated on PC and held at 90 degress it read 360, when I do the EXACT SAME THING on X1 it reads 900.

I had the same problem as HEF51 and Ch1ps n Queso and I ended up getting it to feel somewhat stiffer by bumping all sorts of numbers up, but heres the thing. On PC you dont have to do ANYTHING except bump up your master scale and the FFB is so strong you feel every tiny input the wheels give you. Not only that if I put the Spindle Master Scale on 150 on PC I would barely be able to turn the wheel its so strong. Something is NOT right with the FFB, It should not take 3 hours of tinkering and forum browsing to get your FFB to work. Some cars have strong FFB some cars feel mushy with the exact same Base settings, THAT IS NOT RIGHT. I too tried the fix method posted in this thread and it made no difference.

A response from Devs would be GREATLY appreciated even if they provide some info as to maybe something WE are doing wrong and not something in game.

toekneeg
13-05-2015, 13:37
I spent 4 hours last night trying everything I could find on the web. As a result, I am exhausted from staying up until 4, but my FFB is still weak--like 70's Cadillac weak. I didn't even get to do a single race. FFB is strong--Forza strong--when exiting the pits under CPU control, but as soon as it's manual control (my control) it goes numb, almost non-existent. Please, someone help me! I know something is wrong--it isn't my wheel because Forza is fine.

Yes--I have turned everything to 200 and every setting in between. Yes, both settings for each individual car and the global settings. I have watched the inside sim racing YouTube video, it was great, but worthless to my issue.

NOTE: I am not talking about car control, I set a top 200 time with little-no FFB the one lap I actually did do, with no assists. and I have no problem controlling the car even without FFB, but this is not the experience I paid for. I too am afraid--and not without reason since this thread has been marked by the devs as having a workaround--that this is a real issue that will go overlooked because of this calibration trick that is obviously not working for all.

This is exactly what's happening to me. Devs please help. My file size is now 18.4GB so I have the update. Hard reset a few times. Nothing.

scgor
13-05-2015, 13:55
HI, All I have been setting up the wheel in calibration at 330 degrees, to try and reduce the turn-in for corners. Anyone have same ideas on getting the right steering lock.

Cheers

parky69
13-05-2015, 14:02
Ok so some people are posting telling others to calibrate a certain way and there seems to be some confusion so let me throw my two cents in.
I have Pcars on PC and X1 The calibration on PC was the same as X1 HOWEVER, when I calibrated on PC and held at 90 degress it read 360, when I do the EXACT SAME THING on X1 it reads 900.

I had the same problem as HEF51 and Ch1ps n Queso and I ended up getting it to feel somewhat stiffer by bumping all sorts of numbers up, but heres the thing. On PC you dont have to do ANYTHING except bump up your master scale and the FFB is so strong you feel every tiny input the wheels give you. Not only that if I put the Spindle Master Scale on 150 on PC I would barely be able to turn the wheel its so strong. Something is NOT right with the FFB, It should not take 3 hours of tinkering and forum browsing to get your FFB to work. Some cars have strong FFB some cars feel mushy with the exact same Base settings, THAT IS NOT RIGHT. I too tried the fix method posted in this thread and it made no difference.

A response from Devs would be GREATLY appreciated even if they provide some info as to maybe something WE are doing wrong and not something in game.

This^

Mercedes C Class DTM un-driveable with tyre force above 130, however BMW M1 car is not responding to any adjustments in the feedback area. This is after a hard reset with a patch installed on the digital version Xbox one

Ch1ps N Queso
13-05-2015, 14:56
After hours of tweaking on Tuesday I'm convinced that I have some resistance for the sake of resistance. This game is absolute junk with the TX wheel compared to PC. We should not have to figure out how to set 30+ FFB settings to enjoy the game. Perhaps someone from SMS could dig into their FFB vault and hook us up with some ideas while they sort this crap out.

That said, an acknowledgement that an issue exists and is being looked at would be a start. Are you aware of this issue and are you working to fix it?

Thanks!

Rxhevntt
13-05-2015, 15:09

I preface this comment with complete peace and love for everyone trying to help, but I think it is safe for you all to assume--we tried that.

Anyone who has played the same game on both PC and XBOX, using the same equipment, is qualified to speak about the differences in FFB between the two, and they are probably aware that there are settings with which you can adjust such things. Also, someone who shells out $300+ on sim racing equipment is probably savvy enough to know as well. And certainly, anyone who signs up for this site, reads 9 pages of comments specifically related to FFB issues on the TX wheel, on XBOX, would probably, at least by now, have realized you can increase the FFB with settings in game.

So with that I would like to formally, and politely, request that my brother and sister TX users who are having "strong FFB", from now on refrain from:

1. Infantilizing those of use having real FFB issues--we get it, there are settings. Got it, thanks;

2. Diluting the issue with baseless comments that serve only to feed the proposition that this is a user issue, not a software one--we know you are trying to help, but your comments are having an adverse effect by indicating to the devs that this can be fixed with settings. We would like a patch (if needed), but the devs have already marked this thread as WORKAROUND because of a comment that contained a fix that does nothing for us.

3. Rubbing in our faces that yours works, and ours doesn't--I too have spent the last year awaiting the release of this title with childlike excitement; heck I even spent $500 on a wheel and stand for it!

The purpose of this comment is to hopefully, OFFICIALLY acknowledge that there is a subset of XBOX TX users who are having "weak FFB" issues, that are separate and apart from any remedied by the fixes in this thread.

So, for clarity: Just because you have at one time had FFB issues that were remedied by whatever settings/calibration you think will remedy our issue, don't assume ALL FFB issues are the same, and that your one medicine can cure all diseases. My concern is that our issue is being unfairly lumped together with the "calibration" one, and will be overlooked. If you want to help, post a comment saying THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE UNABLE TO PLAY BECAUSE OF FFB ISSUES. More comments==more attention.

Thanks! Look forward to future comments!

Omarlop
13-05-2015, 16:09
Hi, i tryied what u said and it works great, BUT when im racing some times the FFB just turns off,
What can i do?

OK, so I downloaded the digital copy yesterday, calibrated my wheel and was ready to go.

WTF I thought, where's the force feedback ? - tried everything, all different cars, FFB was already on 100%, spent ages adjusting all the settings. Still hardly any FFB, then I discovered something ...

When you calibrate the wheel, the second stage tells you to HOLD the wheel at 90 degrees and then press A. If you just position it at 90 degrees without holding it and then push A, the wheel will violently centre itself, and then you will have almost no force feedback. You Must HOLD the wheel whilst you press A and keep hold until you feel the wheel reduce its force within your grasp. (Edit: You must keep hold and only release after you've pressed A a second time to Save.) Brace yourself though 'cos as soon as you push A, it wants to spin !

Hope this helps, 'cos I just knew there had to be something !

Now go enjoy !!! :cool:

Ic.

Raven403
13-05-2015, 16:19
Hi, i tryied what u said and it works great, BUT when im racing some times the FFB just turns off,
What can i do?

Yeah this has been happening along with The TX losing all FFB in a session with no Obvious fix yet.

Robhd
13-05-2015, 16:35
I couldn't agree more! This is NOT a workaround issue and the devs need to fix it pronto or many disgruntled users will be putting off console users from buying the game via other sites and forums.. So this needs addressing pretty pronto!

To put my tuppence worth when i first started playing there was loads of force feedback over kerbs and rumble strips via my TX but after calibrating the wheel as advised the ffb vanished and no amount of wheel calibrating, tweaking controller and car settings has made any difference... Nor has wearing a green hat, praying to tree gods or washing the cat under a full moon... So stop all this bollox talk and get it fixed... Grrrr!

RoccoTTS
13-05-2015, 17:00
I preface this comment with complete peace and love for everyone trying to help, but I think it is safe for you all to assume--we tried that.

Anyone who has played the same game on both PC and XBOX, using the same equipment, is qualified to speak about the differences in FFB between the two, and they are probably aware that there are settings with which you can adjust such things. Also, someone who shells out $300+ on sim racing equipment is probably savvy enough to know as well. And certainly, anyone who signs up for this site, reads 9 pages of comments specifically related to FFB issues on the TX wheel, on XBOX, would probably, at least by now, have realized you can increase the FFB with settings in game.

So with that I would like to formally, and politely, request that my brother and sister TX users who are having "strong FFB", from now on refrain from:

1. Infantilizing those of use having real FFB issues--we get it, there are settings. Got it, thanks;

2. Diluting the issue with baseless comments that serve only to feed the proposition that this is a user issue, not a software one--we know you are trying to help, but your comments are having an adverse effect by indicating to the devs that this can be fixed with settings. We would like a patch (if needed), but the devs have already marked this thread as WORKAROUND because of a comment that contained a fix that does nothing for us.

3. Rubbing in our faces that yours works, and ours doesn't--I too have spent the last year awaiting the release of this title with childlike excitement; heck I even spent $500 on a wheel and stand for it!

The purpose of this comment is to hopefully, OFFICIALLY acknowledge that there is a subset of XBOX TX users who are having "weak FFB" issues, that are separate and apart from any remedied by the fixes in this thread.

So, for clarity: Just because you have at one time had FFB issues that were remedied by whatever settings/calibration you think will remedy our issue, don't assume ALL FFB issues are the same, and that your one medicine can cure all diseases. My concern is that our issue is being unfairly lumped together with the "calibration" one, and will be overlooked. If you want to help, post a comment saying THERE ARE STILL PEOPLE UNABLE TO PLAY BECAUSE OF FFB ISSUES. More comments==more attention.

Ok, fair enough.

Apparently there is a big difference in ffb between pc/ps4 and xbox. I hope sms listen to us and solve this problem.

HEF51
13-05-2015, 17:07
What really is getting me is how they are so concerned about the controller users when we have just as big of a problem. Those with FFB wheels are invested into this game, two, three, four even five hundred dollars and up worth of equipment. Yet we are getting no where near the experience that PC and PS4 are getting.

So I am not sure why us wheel users are getting cold shoulder here when our problems is very much alive.

Rxhevntt
13-05-2015, 17:35
What really is getting me is how they are so concerned about the controller users when we have just as big of a problem. Those with FFB wheels are invested into this game, two, three, four even five hundred dollars and up worth of equipment. Yet we are getting no where near the experience that PC and PS4 are getting.

So I am not sure why us wheel users are getting cold shoulder here when our problems is very much alive.

Join me in loudly voicing our concerns and reporting comments that claim this to be fixed; more comments==more attention.

Benja190782
13-05-2015, 18:34

So the PS4 version feels just as good as on the PC version - can anyone confirm this??

I'm on Xbox One with a TX wheel too, but it doesn't feel bad actually - I just can't feel FFB when running over kerbs or when breaking. My FFB is so strong after the HOLD calibrate solution, that I had to go from FFB 100 to 70 in the Control menus.

I'm actually stunned if the PS4 version feels better!

Ch1ps N Queso
13-05-2015, 18:40
So the PS4 version feels just as good as on the PC version - can anyone confirm this??

I'm on Xbox One with a TX wheel too, but it doesn't feel bad actually - I just can't feel FFB when running over kerbs or when breaking. My FFB is so strong after the HOLD calibrate solution, that I had to go from FFB 100 to 70 in the Control menus.

I'm actually stunned if the PS4 version feels better!

If it's that strong without having to change any other settings it seems like you're experiencing what I get on the PC. That's great. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

The rest of us are not. Our league has 10 drivers with TX wheels and none of us are able to get that kind of FFB after calibrating. The wheel is dead , empty, lacking, limp, flaccid, whatever you want to call it. It's not working.

Edit:

I don't think the PS4 version is feeling better than a properly working X1 version or a properly working PC version. My comments about PS4 being strong out of the box are based on comments from you tube and other various forums. PS4 users are not complaining about the issue us X1 users are having.

Ch1ps N Queso
13-05-2015, 18:46
I couldn't agree more! This is NOT a workaround issue and the devs need to fix it pronto or many disgruntled users will be putting off console users from buying the game via other sites and forums.. So this needs addressing pretty pronto!

To put my tuppence worth when i first started playing there was loads of force feedback over kerbs and rumble strips via my TX but after calibrating the wheel as advised the ffb vanished and no amount of wheel calibrating, tweaking controller and car settings has made any difference... Nor has wearing a green hat, praying to tree gods or washing the cat under a full moon... So stop all this bollox talk and get it fixed... Grrrr!

It's funny you mention this, I'm in a Madden League with 30 guys, they know I do a racing league and generally enjoy racing games. When they asked me yesterday in our chat if they should get the game I couldn't tell them yes without feeling like I was misleading them. My FFB issues along with all the other problems aren't something I'd want my friends to experience for $60 (not to mention another $300 plus to get a wheel setup).

turbohondaej1
13-05-2015, 18:48

I have it on pc too. With pc there are more settings to consider. I have really weak ffb on default settings 18.5 size nothing made a difference when holding the wheel while calibrating it. The only thing that has worked for me is tire force is set to 200 max setting everything else is default. Now some people are haveING different issues. This leads me to believe it is probably based on what pedals you are using. I had issues with the pc version settings because of the pedals I was using because there are 2 458 tx wheels on pc. I imagine there are 2 on xbox as well but you can't change them. I'm guessing something is different between them maybe a dev could check or someone switch to your original pedals if your having issues to see if it helps.

Raven403
13-05-2015, 18:59
I have it on pc too. With pc there are more settings to consider. I have really weak ffb on default settings 18.5 size nothing made a difference when holding the wheel while calibrating it. The only thing that has worked for me is tire force is set to 200 max setting everything else is default. Now some people are haveING different issues. This leads me to believe it is probably based on what pedals you are using. I had issues with the pc version settings because of the pedals I was using because there are 2 458 tx wheels on pc. I imagine there are 2 on xbox as well but you can't change them. I'm guessing something is different between them maybe a dev could check or someone switch to your original pedals if your having issues to see if it helps.

Right. With respect, this has nothing to do with the crux of our FFB problem

turbohondaej1
13-05-2015, 19:01
Right. With respect, this has nothing to do with the crux of our FFB problem

How do you know I'm just curious because I would like to have better ffb too.

Rxhevntt
13-05-2015, 19:02

Thanks for the input--but I only have the original pedals. My knowledge of PC vs. Xbox FFB feel is limited to what my peers have experienced--I have not played it on PC. I don't need to play it on PC to know it isn't right. The wheel is capable of at least 1000% of the max force I am currently getting from any setting/calibration combo--this alone is a giant clue. It isn't that there is no feedback, it feels like the feedback is trapped behind a soundproof door--its screaming from how high I have it turned up, but I still cant hear it because its muffled.

Thanks.

IR STiGGLES
13-05-2015, 19:18
I just now am noticing this. Had previously just thought it was the ffb motor just cutting power due to prolonged use but today it happened within the first 5 min of playing

I tried the settings posted in the pdf for the tx wheel for the 125cc kart and it was amazing at first, then after restarting the session due to getting punted the ffb was practically gone. I tried calibrating, exiting to home screen, restarting, unplugging, and nothing brought that feeling bsck...I am in the process of reinstalling the game Now and hope that helps.

I also noticed that the ffb is dead up to the limit of the cars visual steering wheel lock (90* for karts, 270 for bmw gt, etc) and then the wheel hits sort of a soft bump stop where if you turn harder the wheel is very very hard to turn but will still rotate all the way to the wheels actual full rotation. It seems as though this is some sort of glitch because the ffb does work and work well until something causes it to basically turn into a non ffb wheel

turbohondaej1
13-05-2015, 19:22
I just now am noticing this. Had previously just thought it was the ffb motor just cutting power due to prolonged use but today it happened within the first 5 min of playing

I tried the settings posted in the pdf for the tx wheel for the 125cc kart and it was amazing at first, then after restarting the session due to getting punted the ffb was practically gone. I tried calibrating, exiting to home screen, restarting, unplugging, and nothing brought that feeling bsck...I am in the process of reinstalling the game Now and hope that helps.

I also noticed that the ffb is dead up to the limit of the cars visual steering wheel lock (90* for karts, 270 for bmw gt, etc) and then the wheel hits sort of a soft bump stop where if you turn harder the wheel is very very hard to turn but will still rotate all the way to the wheels actual full rotation. It seems as though this is some sort of glitch because the ffb does work and work well until something causes it to basically turn into a non ffb wheel

That's the soft lock determined by car that is normal.

toekneeg
13-05-2015, 19:29
I haven't touched the Xbox version since launch day. I have 6 friends waiting to buy it too I tell me to. 4 of hem are TX users. Until I see the devs acknowledge the problem and present a fix, I won't be back.

IR STiGGLES
13-05-2015, 19:31
Thanks for that info, still it shows the ffb cababilities are there just for some reason its intermittent and once it goes I don't know how to get it back

Omarlop
13-05-2015, 19:35
Tell me if reinstalling it works 👍

turbohondaej1
13-05-2015, 19:37
Thanks for that info, still it shows the ffb cababilities are there just for some reason its intermittent and once it goes I don't know how to get it back

How long have you had your wheel? Does it do this in another game? these wheels have had issues from the beginning yours maybe going bad or something weird going on. do you have the latest firmware?

IR STiGGLES
13-05-2015, 19:41
Yes on firmware and I don't remember it doing that on forza but I haven't used my wheel on forza for a while

HEF51
13-05-2015, 19:46
Turbo, It is not the pedals, it is not the wheel. It is the game on X1. It really is as simple as that.

BMW328

I have had a similar issue and to fix it i had to press the "Xbox button" to return to the xbox dashboard then go back to the game and the FFB is back.

turbohondaej1
Yes on firmware and I don't remember it doing that on forza but I haven't used my wheel on forza for a while

I went through like 4 bases my very first one started doing that then like a week later it just completely stopped burnt smell Never worked again.

turbohondaej1
13-05-2015, 19:50
Turbo, It is not the pedals, it is not the wheel. It is the game on X1. It really is as simple as that.

I'm just throwing out ideas. I hope they fix the issue or state that is the problem because right now most of the controllers for XB1 are just not working right period.

Ch1ps N Queso
13-05-2015, 19:53
#Third(most important)PlatformProblems.

Brocass
13-05-2015, 20:02
I can't speak for console versions but on pc you definitely should HOLD the wheel at 90 degrees while pressing A/Enter.

It's also recommended to keep FFB at 100% and lower the Tyre Force or on individual cars lower the Master Scale in the car FFB setup.

For those complaining the curb feel isn't as good as Forza, this is because pcars users pure physics for feedback and Forza uses a canned effect.

IR STiGGLES
13-05-2015, 20:03
I'll let u guys know as soon as I figure out how to download the day one patch.. it won't auto download like it did last time

IR STiGGLES
13-05-2015, 20:06
I can't speak for console versions but on pc you definitely should HOLD the wheel at 90 degrees while pressing A/Enter.

It's also recommended to keep FFB at 100% and lower the Tyre Force or on individual cars lower the Master Scale in the car FFB setup.

For those complaining the curb feel isn't as good as Forza, this is because pcars users pure physics for feedback and Forza uses a canned effect.

It has nothing to do with the settings and it's not just kerbs it's total ffb. the only thing turning tire force and master scale all the way up does is make the wheel jerk around center

HEF51
13-05-2015, 20:07

Here is food for thought of what we are dealing with. We have to turn tire force up to 200 and turn the master scale up to 50-125 just to feel any kind of fight in the wheel. If that doesn't scream there is a problem. I don't know what does.

Brocass
13-05-2015, 20:08
Yes I wouldn't recommend turning up TF and MS as that will just make the signal clip and give you extreme oscillations.

Ch1ps N Queso
13-05-2015, 20:09

Own PC and X1. X1 is broken.

I know you're trying to help. Thanks for that. Enjoy the game!

Brocass
13-05-2015, 20:11
Like I said I don't own a console so can't comment on whether or not you are facing a bug, I was just trying to share how it's set on pc.

Benja190782
13-05-2015, 20:42

VERY interesting stuff - I've done the "HOLD the wheel at 90 degrees while pressing A" calibration on my TX wheel on Xbox One, and the FFB became so strong that I had to turn FFB down from 100 to 70.

But know you tell me to put it back up to 100 and lower the Master Scaler Per car? Right?
What is the reason?
Will I feel kerbs and braking or what?

toekneeg
13-05-2015, 20:50
VERY interesting stuff - I've done the "HOLD the wheel at 90 degrees while pressing A" calibration on my TX wheel on Xbox One, and the FFB became so strong that I had to turn FFB down from 100 to 70.

But know you tell me to put it back up to 100 and lower the Master Scaler Per car? Right?
What is the reason?
Will I feel kerbs and braking or what?

WTH. I've done everything suggested in this thread and nothing.

Are Devs able to replicate this?

RoccoTTS
13-05-2015, 20:52
Is there any wmd member who can contact someone from sms and ask if they try the tx wheel on the xbox and tell us if this is the ffb as if should be ?

turbohondaej1
13-05-2015, 20:52
Has anyone messed with the relative adjust gain I moved mine up to 168 just to mess around with the settings and it feels alot better not force wise but better feel for kerbs and braking pretty much everything felt better than it has I only used a couple cars so far but it feels like it should now minus lack of power.

RoccoTTS
13-05-2015, 20:53
Is there any wmd member who can contact someone from sms and ask if they try the tx wheel on the xbox and tell us if this is the ffb as it should be ?

FederalHercules
13-05-2015, 21:00
Is there any wmd member who can contact someone from sms and ask if they try the tx wheel on the xbox and tell us if this is the ffb as it should be ?

The only WMD member I have seen post that has an XB1 AND the TX wheel is ARusling. He is having the same issue the rest of us are having. Looking forward to confirmation or other feedback from SMS.

Jon4410
13-05-2015, 21:15
I have tried multiple times holding the wheel at 90 degrees and fighting it during calibration. It has had no effect on the FFB, it feels exactly how it felt before. I don't understand how it has worked for some people but not all. I would think that it either works 100% of the time or not at all.

Robhd
13-05-2015, 21:16
The only WMD member I have seen post that has an XB1 AND the TX wheel is ARusling. He is having the same issue the rest of us are having. Looking forward to confirmation or other feedback from SMS.

What i don't get is how can any game have been in dev as sodding long as this has and uhm... No one actually tested it with the most popular wheel on the xbox...?? Otherwise surely they would have err noticed the distinct lack of ffb?

FederalHercules
13-05-2015, 21:20
What i don't get is how can any game have been in dev as sodding long as this has and uhm... No one actually tested it with the most popular wheel on the xbox...?? Otherwise surely they would have err noticed the distinct lack of ffb?

I really don't think a live person actually drove a car on the XB1 version until it was released based on the controller (both wheels and gamepad) issues.

I jest of course but it does make you wonder...

turbohondaej1
13-05-2015, 21:21
Someone who is having problems give this a try once I used bmw m1 pro car every thing default then turn up the relative adjust gain to 168 now adjust the master scale to 110 and drive the car and see what you think my wheel is ten times better than it was aND there is decent force.

Benja190782
13-05-2015, 21:29
Someone who is having problems give this a try once I used bmw m1 pro car every thing default then turn up the relative adjust gain to 168 now adjust the master scale to 110 and drive the car and see what you think my wheel is ten times better than it was aND there is decent force.

What is "relative adjust gain to 168 "???
-and by Master scale" you mean in setups for every car? 110 seems pretty high considering 26 is about default?

OctoberDusk06
13-05-2015, 21:32

SMS really needs to address this. I've race almost every game since the 360 came out and tried almost everything I know...even went tot he lighter wheel on the TX, which helped a little...but if SMS does not acknowledge and remedy this glaring and obvious problem that many veteran users of the xbox & TX are having, they will have another Shift2 fiasco on their hands.

turbohondaej1
13-05-2015, 21:33
It's in the feedback settings for the wheel honestly Idk what it's really doing to be honest. 110 is just what I put it on trying it out this was one of my tests haven't had whole lot of time but another car I tried it was set really low with similar feel I believe it was the clio.

If you leave it on 26 it feels dead normal bad feeling.

TuskegeePilot42
13-05-2015, 23:32
Ok problem #999 for the TX user`s ,
Could some one please explain to me how to get my paddle shifters to look left and look right ? I am using the Tx 458 and the TH8A shifter for the gears , it will not let me assign the paddle shifters to look left and right and exit the menu.
Am I trying the impossible or what?

Ch1ps N Queso
13-05-2015, 23:32
Check post #1 or #65 for a possible fix. Best I've tried so far.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24131-Thrustmaster-TX-Default-FFB-is-Non-Existent-Compared-to-PC-PS4-%28Check-Post-1%29&p=908198#post908198

turbohondaej1
14-05-2015, 00:02
Could some one please explain to me how to get my paddle shifters to look left and look right ? I am using the Tx 458 and the TH8A shifter for the gears , it will not let me assign the paddle shifters to look left and right and exit the menu.

I don't think it's possible because you need them for gt3 cars or anything with sequential shifter.

TuskegeePilot42
14-05-2015, 00:26
I don't think it's possible because you need them for gt3 cars or anything with sequential shifter.

Thanks for the reply , I hope this is on the agenda of things to fix by SMS . I know this is something that can be done because forza horizon2(fast & furious) has this option. you have to go back into options to switch when you change cars that you want to use the paddles for, but it has been done in a game .

stux
14-05-2015, 01:27
Jack Spade's FFB tweaks for all cars in convenient PDF form

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0Bw5ulCOYvLckM3pDYnBCVXdkQ2c&export=download

The SoP version has extra 'feel'. I find these tweaks provide the missing detail that I was looking for in the game. There is still a strength problem, but turning up the global Tire Force to 200 then results in adequate feedback.

Curious that no developer has posted in ANY xb1 wheel thread (i've read them all)

Ch1ps N Queso
14-05-2015, 01:46
Jack Spade's FFB tweaks for all cars in convenient PDF form

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0Bw5ulCOYvLckM3pDYnBCVXdkQ2c&export=download

The SoP version has extra 'feel'. I find these tweaks provide the missing detail that I was looking for in the game. There is still a strength problem, but turning up the global Tire Force to 200 then results in adequate feedback.

Curious that no developer has posted in ANY xb1 wheel thread (i've read them all)

Go to post #1 in this thread. Your strength issues will be solved until patch.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24131-Thrustmaster-TX-Default-FFB-is-Non-Existent-Compared-to-PC-PS4-%28Check-Post-1%29

Del Zotto x82x
14-05-2015, 02:00
Ok so I really love this game on xbox one. I just have a few questions. I also have the Thrustmaster TX with all the upgrades , t3pa pedals, gt wheel, th8a shifter and one problem I'm having and wondering if others are to is that when using the shifter I can not shift into Neutral.. Say I'm in 3rd gear and shift the stick into the Neutral position, on screen it shows that my car is still in 3rd gear.. No matter what I do it will not go into Neutral. The only time I can go into Neutral is when I use the paddle shifters on the wheel. Frustrating too say the least. Also once in awhile, while in a race the sound will go all haywire.

turbohondaej1
14-05-2015, 04:29
Ok so I really love this game on xbox one. I just have a few questions. I also have the Thrustmaster TX with all the upgrades , t3pa pedals, gt wheel, th8a shifter and one problem I'm having and wondering if others are to is that when using the shifter I can not shift into Neutral.. Say I'm in 3rd gear and shift the stick into the Neutral position, on screen it shows that my car is still in 3rd gear.. No matter what I do it will not go into Neutral. The only time I can go into Neutral is when I use the paddle shifters on the wheel. Frustrating too say the least. Also once in awhile, while in a race the sound will go all haywire.

Ya I have seen that a few times my self I think it's the way they programed the game honestly. I'm assuming it's to keep the paddles if you don't want to use the shifter in a race.
the sound issue is a known issue for everyone I believe. It drives me nuts but I'll wait for a patch.

stux
14-05-2015, 04:53

When in the edit configuration page, press menu, then go to controls and options, then back out with B. This lets you get away with out assigning mandatory buttons :)

Benja190782
14-05-2015, 06:13

^^
THIS!

We need the option to assign neutral in the control menu!

Xpower
17-05-2015, 23:24
I couldnt agree more with you Rxhrvntt! I have the TX weel and the force feedback is very weak and muffled no matter what I change in the overall settings and per car ffb settings. Ive tried everything suggested here and on youtube with no luck, so frustrating!! There is somehing very wrong with the ffb for xbox, and I can't recommend this game to anyone until its fixed. So please devs, have a look at this and please let us know youre looking into the problem! We wanna get racing with feel...

ashasha
18-05-2015, 02:29
Try the settings in this thread:

http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/17913-sms-acknowledges-ffb-issues-on-xbox/#entry170367

It's so much better that I'm not entirely sure that there is a bug now other than the adjustments just being so frickin' far off from usable from the factory. I calibrated to 900 degrees, but ended up changing it to 540 because it's like a damn boat. FFB still felt good so I'm kind of afraid to recalibrate and risk losing it at this point.

I think that the braking is still light, but I can feel it. Massive improvement.

Bambus
18-05-2015, 12:07
This worked for me! Much stronger feedback now, kerbs and all. Had to dial back ffb as was too strong! Much better thanks

Raven403
18-05-2015, 12:14
There are moments, Mostly in multiplayer, when after a bug or having to hit the home button and come back in. The wheel feels stronger, and actually feels like maybe it was supposed too, and feels closer to PC strength, but then it will disappear and go back to how it is normally. It leads me to belive that for a lot of us.....there is an issue with the Xbox sending the proper inputs to the wheel. Perhaps the controller fix patch will help Wheel users too. Since it seems the issues with the controller are input/vibration/ffb related. We can only hope!

BMW328
18-05-2015, 15:05
I have a question. When i look at the telemetry the force feedback when not moving at all is not centered in the window. it is closer to the top. Is this normal? it seems to clip more ofter when turning to the right than the left which would make sense if it is not centered to begin with.

MoneyMan300
18-05-2015, 22:11
When you calibrate the wheel, in the first step you need to turn the wheel to full lock, in the 2nd step, you want to match your DOR and hold it. If you have your wheel set to 360, the when you turn the wheel 90 degrees, it should read 360. I have a video up where I calibrated and 360 and 540. Also whoever post the link to the settings on isrtv....those setting are very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1WAQCF5OB4

TheLastRezort
19-05-2015, 02:49
Yeah it can do that sometimes. I just disconnect my wheel and plug it back in.

nissan4ever
19-05-2015, 03:12
Try this. About 2 or 3 comments down, someone suggests adding +20 - +30 to all values and it makes it very close to PC FFB. Read whole first page.

I'm very pleased with results, I did +30.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24582-Universal-FFB-Settings-for-XB1-PS4-Spreadsheet

nissan4ever
19-05-2015, 03:15
Yeah it can do that sometimes. I just disconnect my wheel and plug it back in.

Just hit the white Xbox button on wheel to go back to console dashboard. Hold white Xbox button like you want to bring up option to cut off console. Hit cancel. Then go back to game. Should bring back force feedback. No need to unplug wheel.

HEF51
19-05-2015, 03:21
Just hit the white Xbox button on wheel to go back to console dashboard. Hold white Xbox button like you want to bring up option to cut off console. Hit cancel. Then go back to game. Should bring back force feedback. No need to unplug wheel.

You don't have to hold it, you simply just have to go back to the homescreen and come back in to the game.

nissan4ever
19-05-2015, 03:38
You don't have to hold it, you simply just have to go back to the homescreen and come back in to the game.

Sometimes, just hitting it & going back to game doesn't work. On the console dashboard, then hold it like you cutting off console, but hit cancel & go back to the game. This way works if the other doesn't do it.

jediDTM
19-05-2015, 08:41
TX wheel working perfectly with iRacing, rFactor2, Forza5, Horizon2 and Dirt Rally, but even after doing the hold at 90 degrees trick, I barely feel anything on the curbs, zero weighting and unweighting of the wheel as you transition form. Grip to understeer and back to grip and the multitude of FFB settings in the sim for the wheel and the individual cars does nothing to the wheel feel.

I've tried every combo of wheel sensitivity and degrees of rotation settings as well. I am on the latest version of firmware as well. In short. Something isn't right. It's drivable and I am actually having fun, but the wheel feel is dead compared to Forza5 and H2. Please tell me this is something that will be addressed.

parky69
19-05-2015, 09:17
TX wheel working perfectly with iRacing, rFactor2, Forza5, Horizon2 and Dirt Rally, but even after doing the hold at 90 degrees trick, I barely feel anything on the curbs, zero weighting and unweighting of the wheel as you transition form. Grip to understeer and back to grip and the multitude of FFB settings in the sim for the wheel and the individual cars does nothing to the wheel feel.

I've tried every combo of wheel sensitivity and degrees of rotation settings as well. I am on the latest version of firmware as well. In short. Something isn't right. It's drivable and I am actually having fun, but the wheel feel is dead compared to Forza5 and H2. Please tell me this is something that will be addressed.

I can't take credit for this, but I used these settings last night and they make a huge difference. Some of the road feedback could be better, but it's more like what I expected from the wheel feedback in the game:

I didn't calibrate the wheel either, and I change the rotation setting on the fly in game

I think the guys user name is Scrogg original post link.................................http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22885-Settings-for-my-T500RS-with-Kurb-Effects

In PCars control panel

Tire force 100
Per Wheel Movement 0.0
Per Wheel Movement squared 0.0
Wheel Position Smoothing 0.04
Deadzone removal range .05
Deadzone removal falloff .01
Linkage Scale 0.0
Linkage Stiffness 1.0
Linkage Damping 1.0
Relative Adjust Gain .98
Relative adjust Bleed .10
Relative adj clamp .96
Scoop Knee .70
Scoop Reduction .25
Soft Clipping (Half Input) 0.0
Soft Clipping (Full Output) 0.0

Under Vehicle Tuning Setup > Force Feedback > Spindle

Master Scale 10 (this is low and I still get a ton of FFB)
Fx Scale 54
Fy Scale 54
Fz Scale 60
Mz Scale 90.01 (this is almost like spring center, it will determine how much resistance you get turning the front wheels)

All Smoothing set at 0.0

Arm Angle 1200

Under Vehicle Tuning Setup > Force Feedback > Body & SOP

Body Scale 0.01
Body Longitudinal Scale 0.01
Body Stiffness 100
Body Damping 100

Below is the biggy if you like kurb effects and feeling the bumps in the road

SoP Scale 100
SoP Lateral Scale 70
SoP Differential Scale 100
SoP Damping 0.0

Alter_Schwede62
19-05-2015, 09:32
Would be nice, to know which sections and settings in german those are... :confused:

parky69
19-05-2015, 09:42
Would be nice, to know which sections and settings in german those are... :confused:

Not sure how this translates, but you can blame google if it doesn't make sense :encouragement:

in der Systemsteuerung

Reifenkraft 100
Per Rad Movement 0.0
Per Rad-Bewegung im Quadrat 0.0
Rad-Position Glättung 0,04
Deadzone Entfernen Bereich 0,05
Deadzone Entfernung falloff .01
Linkage-Skala 0.0
Linkage Stiffness 1.0
Linkage Damping 1.0
Relative Verstärkung anpassen 0,98
Relative adjust Bleed .10
Relative adj Klemme 0,96
Scoop knie 0,70
Scoop Reduction .25
Soft Clipping (Halb Input) 0.0
Soft Clipping (Full Output) 0.0

Unter dem Fahrzeug Tuning Setup> Force Feedback> Spindel (Under Vehicle Tuning Setup> Force Feedback> Spindel)

Masterskala 10 (dies ist niedrig, und ich bekomme immer noch eine Tonne von FFB)
Fx Skala 54
Fy Skala 54
Fz-Skala 60
Mz-Skala 90,01 (das ist fast wie Federmitte, wird es festzustellen, wie viel Widerstand Sie Drehen der Vorderräder)

Alle Glättung an 0,0 eingestellt

Armwinkel 1200

Unter dem Fahrzeug Tuning Setup> Force Feedback> Body & SOP (Under Vehicle Tuning Setup> Force Feedback> Body & SOP)

Body Scale 0,01
Körperlängenskala 0,01
Karosseriesteifigkeit 100
Körper Damping 100

Unten ist die biggy wenn Sie kurb Effekte und das Gefühl der Unebenheiten in der Straße gefallen

SoP-Skala 100
SoP Lateral Skala 70
SoP Damping 0.0

Alter_Schwede62
19-05-2015, 10:57
Hehe, thanks, your explanations in english I already understood, but the PC Section and option words I absolutely do not understand... :upset:

Especially those:
SoP Scale 100
SoP Lateral Scale 70
SoP Damping 0.0

What is SoP?

Wootball
19-05-2015, 11:08
It stands for Seat of Pants, basically how much you'd feel through the seat into your body.

If you're struggling with FFB, check the sticky thread at the top of this forum. There's dedicated FFB settings for every car.

jediDTM
19-05-2015, 16:09
And I feel nondifference when switching from car to car and setting to setting. I have force, but no feedback. There is a hint if vibration on certain curbs in certain cars. I can sometimes feel a little bump when cresting a hill and if I go offroad I get a little rumble. But it's all muted and isn't telling me single thing a real cars wheel would tell me. I can move the sliders from 0 to 200 in car and it's the same. Centering force like a somewhat stiff spring and not much else.

I've tried every sensitivity setting on the wheel as well as degrees of rotation and multiple main menu and in car setting in PCARS. In short, it's not working here! Help!

MoneyMan300
19-05-2015, 16:17

I had the same issue once yesterday. I restarted the game....by hitting the Xbox button, then the menu button and selecting quit. FFB was fine after that.

MoneyMan300
19-05-2015, 16:23

The key for me were the Spindle and SOP adjustments that you have make for each car. FFB is very soft if I grab a car that I haven't set yet. It's not perfect, and there is definitely an issue with FFB on the XB1. Has anyone tried the Madcatz FFB wheel?

HEF51
19-05-2015, 16:40
Has anyone tried the Madcatz FFB wheel?

I don't believe its an issue with the wheels. I think it just lies within the game itself. Something did not translate over from PC to X1.

jediDTM
19-05-2015, 17:11
Thinking about grabbing PCARS for PC just to test the FFB there and compare. I shouldn't have to spend that money though. Would be nice of we could just get an acknowledgment of a really issue with FFB on XBONE. If we knew without a doubt things weren't as they should be and the devs were working in it, that would make a whole lot of us feel a bit better about the problem.

MoneyMan300
19-05-2015, 17:38
Thinking about grabbing PCARS for PC just to test the FFB there and compare. I shouldn't have to spend that money though. Would be nice of we could just get an acknowledgment of a really issue with FFB on XBONE. If we knew without a doubt things weren't as they should be and the devs were working in it, that would make a whole lot of us feel a bit better about the problem.

SMS has acknowledged that there is an issue. It's in the tech/issues section in post #104 in this thread.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24131-Thrustmaster-TX-Default-FFB-is-Non-Existent-Compared-to-PC-PS4-(Check-Post-1)&p=914166&viewfull=1#post914166

CLOWN KAOSZ
29-05-2015, 10:51
Hi,

Maybe a dumd question. But can anyone tell me if this also works with the Madcatz wheel?!
And do I understand it correctly that if you turn the wheel to 90degrees you than have to press A while holding the wheel?! When I calibrated my wheel I pressed A and didn't hold my wheel. Do you have to hold the wheel until you feel no more FFB?

Thanks!