PDA

View Full Version : CSW v2 setup needed please

Jack66
08-05-2015, 19:32
Hi,

I've been playing the game the last few days and can't get my wheel feeling right.

Does anybody have a setup they could share please?

Thanks

Jack66
08-05-2015, 21:50
Anyone?!

ctd
08-05-2015, 21:58
Answer is coming. Just a sec. :)

Edit: Here is my settings right now, that I'm fairly satisfied with.

In driver:
- Wheel angle: 900 degres
- Damper: 100 %

On Wheel:
SEN: OFF | FF: 100 | SHo: OFF | ABS: OFF | Lin: OFF | Dea: OFF | Dri: 3 | For: 80 | Spr: OFF | Dpr: OFF

In game:
FFB: 100 %
TF (Tire Force): 80 %

Deadzones: 0 (on every axis)

Every thing else: default.

But be aware that different cars may need different FFB setting per car. This you can read in other threads.

Good luck. :)

Jack66
08-05-2015, 22:21

In driver:

On Wheel:
SEN: OFF | FF: 100 | SHo: OFF | ABS: OFF | Lin: OFF | Dea: OFF | Dri: 3 | For: 80 | Spr: OFF | Dpr: OFF

In game:

But be aware that different cars may need different FFB setting per car. This you can read in other threads.

I've give that a go as a baseline, thanks very much mate.

Jack66
08-05-2015, 22:37
That feels much better, was getting a feeling of spring driven torque before but that's mellowed it right out. Some more tweaking and I'll be happy with that. :) Thanks again mate, most appreciated!

The Entity AC
09-05-2015, 08:45
I'm trying your settings but for me it doesn't work. Or I do something very wrong. It feels like it's on a spring. It wants to jump back into center all the time and when in center the wheel starts oscillating which is very annoying.
Anyone with a solution? Cause at the moment Project Cars in unplayable for me :(

blackduckrun
09-05-2015, 20:24
Here is a thread with lots of good tips from a CSW V2 user:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files

I personally found this part near the bottom very helpful in getting better feel out of the wheel:

Relative Adjust Gain 1.10 (1.00 okay also)
Relative Adjust Bleed 0.10
Relative Adjust Clamp 0.95

But there is really a lot you can do to tweak the Force Feedback.

Bleis
10-05-2015, 06:50
Hi,

I've been playing the game the last few days and can't get my wheel feeling right.

Does anybody have a setup they could share please?

Thanks

Try this http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22938-Jack-Spade-FFB-Tweaker-Files

Sankyo
10-05-2015, 06:55
I'm trying your settings but for me it doesn't work. Or I do something very wrong. It feels like it's on a spring. It wants to jump back into center all the time and when in center the wheel starts oscillating which is very annoying.
Anyone with a solution? Cause at the moment Project Cars in unplayable for me :(

What are your in-game, on-wheel and Fanatec driver FFB settings? Are you on the latest patch? Does the wheel return to center when your car is standing still and you turn the steering wheel and let it go?

Thomas Sikora
10-05-2015, 08:12

In driver:

On Wheel:

In game:

Thats the base depending on wheel, FF with the formula i would go down to 60-70.
As presettings i would also reduce the master scale in the car-setup menu down to 22.

The Entity AC
10-05-2015, 09:26
What are your in-game, on-wheel and Fanatec driver FFB settings? Are you on the latest patch? Does the wheel return to center when your car is standing still and you turn the steering wheel and let it go?

I've resetted the settings in-game and on the wheel, Latest fanatec driver and firmware, clean standard settings on the wheel (new profile on it) and then the oscilation happened while driving straight. At one moment I also had a very heavy steering wheel while I was calibrating the rotation of the wheel. Had to pull very hard on the wheel. Restart of the game resolved that problem. I'm going to try now with the files of Jack Spade (posted by blackduckrun a few posts above).

TBH the description of each settings is also not always very clear on what effect it will have. But I have that problem with a few race games where they try to explain the effect too technical and not giving an example of the result.

Edit: Just dailed all the settings in again and now it is much better! I still miss a few effects, but that will be down to tweaking. But now I can race without any oscilation in the wheel.