PDA

View Full Version : "80+ cars available at launch"

CarlsonsRaiders
08-05-2015, 20:10
The above is taken from this line in the description of the official launch trailer on Youtube:

"A wide variety of motorsports including GT, Touring, Le Mans Prototypes, Karts, and modern Open Wheel and 80+ cars available at launch"

Now, as far as I can see, counting the Modified Car Pack, Limited Edition Pack and the Lykan, we've only got 74 cars at the moment. Is this a hint that the six "?" cars listed on the official website's car list will be released by Tuesday (the release date for NA, the last region to get the game) to make the list 80, or is this just false advertising?

I've sent this query to the official pCARS Twitter account a couple of times with no response, so I thought I'd put it here to get feedback and discussion you guys, and perhaps a Dev may weigh in.

Roger Lee
08-05-2015, 21:10
That's a little nit picky, but there will be a free car every month this year so it will be more than 80 soon. Marketing stuff gets mixed up all the time.

MaXKiLLz
08-05-2015, 23:06
I learned a long time ago not to believe anything a developer and/or publisher promises.

yusupov
08-05-2015, 23:10
lying bastards!!!!!!! lol

Sir Green Day
08-05-2015, 23:55
Yeah, I hate when facts get in the way of the truth.

A dev lying. What a shocker!

Francorchamps
09-05-2015, 00:34
You count 74 cars? Well multiply that amount by the amount of liveries et voila, you have 80+ unique cars.

Discussion closed :cool:

MaXKiLLz
09-05-2015, 00:52
Speaking of liveries. They need to make it simpler to change liveries without having to go into your garage every time. Especially in multiplayer lobbies.

Roger Lee
09-05-2015, 02:07
Yeah they must have been lying, it couldn't have been that the guy who did the marketing trailer got the count wrong by accident. Because it's SOOO important that the count be 80 instead of 74.

What a bunch of wankers. (you whiners I mean)

Shinzah
09-05-2015, 02:13
Yeah they must have been lying, it couldn't have been that the guy who did the marketing trailer got the count wrong by accident. Because it's SOOO important that the count be 80 instead of 74.

What a bunch of wankers. (you whiners I mean)

Chill out Roger, if they want to vent over this stuff let them vent. They aren't hurting anyone, anyway.

The people who made the marketing material that said 80+ were in the wrong. There's clearly 74. Fine.

Imagine the other six are cars you don't actually like, and you might feel better over a promotional technicality guys.

Way more cars are coming in the future.

T0MMY
09-05-2015, 02:46
if we include the remaining "?" from the car list posted, there will be 80 cars, closed enough to number they marketed.

Just wondering are those 5 cars going to be free or paid DLC.

yusupov
09-05-2015, 02:51
those are free cars.

so the real question is -- does "80" = "80+"?

Ryzza5
09-05-2015, 03:26
Sooner or later we should hit 100... just need to build them (and do the sounds, damage model, AO, liveries, physics, AI, etc) :)

hkraft300
09-05-2015, 04:11
Wow. If only we held our local governments to the same level of scrutiny...

CRMohiuddin
09-05-2015, 04:50
I think this gonna be 80+ cars (new cars gonna be added)
But yes, After NFSW I don't have trust on DEV :P

Aldo Zampatti
09-05-2015, 05:58
Adding to questions here. There's gonna be one FREE CAR EACH MONTH as per here:
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/cars.html

W MOTORS LYKAN HYPERSPORT
FREE CAR 1

COMING SOON!
FREE CAR 2

So yeah, 74, 80, I won't count them! Never counted the 1000+ of GT5 although I suspect that number was inflated a little bit 8-)

Alan Dallas
09-05-2015, 06:04
Marketing mixup, meeh. They'll come eventually. Plenty to enjoy in the mean time.

There's actually way more than 6 in development currently, but not my place to list them.

YDS55
09-05-2015, 07:40
I don't even care for the number of cars that much, I just wish they add the option to choose which classes you race against in multi class races, so that I can recreate the World Endurance Championship. Without this option the game feels a bit boring to me, and what's the point of all those LMP1 and 2 cars? If you can't really use them as they should be used, which is multi class racing.

Ryzza5
10-05-2015, 02:09
Multi-class improvements are planned. Currently there is a limitation on consoles and 32-bit PCs as to how many different car models you can load onto the track at once, which is why this feature was slightly lower priority for x64 PCs.

bcredeur97
10-05-2015, 02:30
We are going to need more cars, I think everyone knows this. But at the very least we can wait it out and see what happens. 74 cars is still a lot, the devs have a lot to do right now (especially ironing out bugs) so give them a chance to get the game fixed first, then add things later.

GamingCanuck
10-05-2015, 02:38
I don't even care for the number of cars that much, I just wish they add the option to choose which classes you race against in multi class races, so that I can recreate the World Endurance Championship. Without this option the game feels a bit boring to me, and what's the point of all those LMP1 and 2 cars? If you can't really use them as they should be used, which is multi class racing.

I agree, I tried doing an hour long race at Le Mans with a 46 car field and it's a huge let down to be racing against the older cars when I'm racing a newer GT3 car. I'm sure it can't be hard to add the option to select which class you're racing against when you choose multiclass, hopefully it's implemented soon.

RacingBerzerker
10-05-2015, 07:17
Speaking of liveries. They need to make it simpler to change liveries without having to go into your garage every time. Especially in multiplayer lobbies.

I agree.

Brucester
10-05-2015, 07:26
Nit picky?

I'd say its just another thing on the long list of things this game promised and didnt deliver.

Promised, awesome racing sim, delivered, buggy, unfinished, poor graphics pos.

Miccy10
10-05-2015, 08:23
I'm wondering if there are cars that just are not in game yet. Please tell me if I'm wrong but didn't they say there would be some more Aston Martins like the DBR1 and DP212?
Also I'm unsure, are there more cars to be added to the game or is this it? Seems quite limited as things stand.

Aldo Zampatti
10-05-2015, 08:44
I'm wondering if there are cars that just are not in game yet. Please tell me if I'm wrong but didn't they say there would be some more Aston Martins like the DBR1 and DP212?
Also I'm unsure, are there more cars to be added to the game or is this it? Seems quite limited as things stand.

1 free car each month at least was announced:) Lykan Hypersport was the first one.

And on of the creative directors of the studio always answered "The right cars" when the questions "how many cars will the game will be shipping?"

So yes, you can have 1000 cars, but, some of them will be variations of other cars. I like it better this way. Some might like to have 1000 cars. Depends on how you see things. So far, I've failed to master everycar so I still keep driving them all