PDA

View Full Version : Tire Temps

mcarver2000
08-05-2015, 20:17
Other than the telemetry HUD, is there a way to see the tire temps (inside/center/outside) to aid in setups?

Jens Schmitt
08-05-2015, 20:32
No. But in cockpit view you can seein the hud if the tires green ( temp ok ) blue ( tires cold ) and red ( tires too hot )

mcarver2000
08-05-2015, 21:59
Not being able to get inside/center/outside temps to help set camber is a big loss!! On should be able to see these in the garage during a session.

yusupov
08-05-2015, 22:02
im confused, how do you mean in the garage? you can see inside/outside/center temps in the telemtry HUD (or the pcars profiler app)...but as is you can drive a few laps, see how the tires are reacting, then go straight to the garage w/ the info w/out leaving the game. im confused what youre missing (/what im missing)?

Pinna
08-05-2015, 22:03
Not being able to get inside/center/outside temps to help set camber is a big loss!! On should be able to see these in the garage during a session.

They should be visible in the telemetry HUD

EDIT: I'm getting ninja'd to death today :D

mcarver2000
09-05-2015, 01:46
Yes, they are seen in the HUD, but what if one has short term memory loss when heading into the garage? Almost all racing sims show readings in the garage so one can make adjustments based on the temps. In real life they take readings either by telemetry or in the pits to base their adjustments on. Not memory from a HUD while on the track.

Gordon
09-05-2015, 01:47

Kind of agree, however you can simulate taking tire temps the old fashioned way by cycling the HUD to telemetry then parking up just off track (but not in pits), note temperatures, then pit in to adjust. Thats what I do because I suck at driving and looking at telemetry at the same time. :)

yusupov
09-05-2015, 01:50
u can also DL that app i mentioned above, start it in the background, it will record high & average tire temps

Paul_Ellinas
09-05-2015, 02:08
u can also DL that app i mentioned above, start it in the background, it will record high & average tire temps

Is there a similar app that works with the console version of the game ???

Umer Ahmad
09-05-2015, 03:01
No the console versions do not output the data. These apps are only available on PC

Old Racer
09-05-2015, 04:14
Where is this app available yusupov, can you post a link ?

mikeknight
09-05-2015, 06:35
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/apps.html

Luigi Vercotti
09-05-2015, 13:23
I am using pCars profiler. http://tomshane.cz/profiler/
Do not forget to enable "Use shared memory" inside the game under Options otherwise it will not record the data.

mcarver2000
09-05-2015, 22:52
Unfortunately, the apps only are reporting 1 tire temp per tire. I assume that is because the program is only outputting the highest temp and not inside/center/outside. This is not helpful in setting camber or tire pressure. As a workaround I have resorted to Nvidia's Shadowplay to record (with HUD display) and then playing back the video to see the tire temps (inside/center/outside) at crucial times. I will still say that being able to capture the tire temps across the tire for setups is a big disappointment in pCars.

Blackvault
09-05-2015, 22:54
Unfortunately, the apps only are reporting 1 tire temp per tire. I assume that is because the program is only outputting the highest temp and not inside/center/outside. This is not helpful in setting camber or tire pressure. As a workaround I have resorted to Nvidia's Shadowplay to record (with HUD display) and then playing back the video to see the tire temps (inside/center/outside) at crucial times. I will still say that being able to capture the tire temps across the tire for setups is a big disappointment in pCars.

Yes you are correct in that it is only being shown in Tom Shane's Profiler. I believe the API produces more information however.

Pete

Daniel Westlake
15-05-2015, 17:55
Yes you are correct in that it is only being shown in Tom Shane's Profiler. I believe the API produces more information however.

Pete

I hope at some point the info will be linked up. It would be nice to see the temps throughout a couple laps, since it's the average temp we're looking for. Pulling over and pulling up the HUD will give you a snapshot of tire temps, but where you decide to pull over at a track could influence things (long straights vs. having just come out of a bunch of turns for example).

coggin66
16-05-2015, 04:58
Is this something that might work with Smart Glass on XB1 in the future?