PDA

View Full Version : Replays minor issue that needs a fix

neoglow
08-05-2015, 20:22
Hi all,

Long time Shift 2 player here and now a huge fan of PCars.

Glad to see the same Replays feature from the Shift series is in the game but I have found one minor issue that needs addressing and would be much appreciated.

I have found that you cannot control the Replay (pause, play etc) with the small controls dialog box hidden (top left of screen). You have to show/unhide the dialog box in order to control the Replay.

This means the player cannot interact with the Replay whilst having a 'no HUD' view (like watching in real life). The dialog box that shows the Replay controls must be open in the top left of the screen.
This distracts from the realism and also hinders recording of gameplay videos and screenshots.

It would be better and useful to allow the player control of the Replay with the keyboard or controller with the Replays dialog box HIDDEN and not forced to have it showing.

Excellent game though, really enjoying it.

If a fix for this issue could be in a future update it would be much appreciated.

Cheers, Mark.

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 21:00
I think that what you say is true, but I know a few control that actually works with the dialog hidden. Like Fast Forward or backwards, and change CAM at least (with my G25 Gas is Forward, Brake is backwards (or slow-mo) and clutch is cammera).

Hopefully others can try more buttons

Sipheren
15-05-2015, 21:59
Further to this, I am trying to change the car that the replay focuses on, have tried all the buttons. Is there something I am missing or can you not change to watch a different car?

Rayge
23-05-2015, 22:38
I'm having the same issue as well. I'm going to start trying out my keyboard to see if I can change things there.

Edit: Just tried a keyboard and it's not working as well.