PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster F458 wheel deadzone

bpbill
08-05-2015, 21:09
I'm having problems configuring my Thrustmaster F458 wheel on my PC, I've managed to sort out the steering and pedals by setting the axis but no matter what I do theres a horrible deadzone I can't get rid of.

KD750
15-05-2015, 04:28
I'm having problems configuring my Thrustmaster F458 wheel on my PC, I've managed to sort out the steering and pedals by setting the axis but no matter what I do theres a horrible deadzone I can't get rid of.

I experienced the same problem in my PC with my TX Ferrari 458 Italia XBOXONE wheel too... the deadzone at the middle is so weir and the car can't be handled properly. As STBull has pointed out above, Pcars treated our wheel as a controller pad (i.e. it uses the driver of the controller rather than the V48 driver provided by Thrustmaster inside the game) So... the steering setting is basically not correct and is just a modelling of the controller pad. I think this is a driver problem and is a bug.

balderz002
30-10-2015, 22:05
I am also having these woes.

poirqc
30-10-2015, 22:21
There should be some kind of steering axis check in the TM control panel. From there check if the input you make works. If so, you should be able to get pCars to work. if not, try to make that work first.

Look in my signature, there's some utility that will help you deal with this problem.

balderz002
31-10-2015, 06:49
I don't have a TM control panel, due to the wheel being classed as an xbox controller. But in the window's calibration tool it all looks fine to me. Its just ingame there is a big deadzone in the centre, so its still a bit of guesswork as to how much I have to turn the wheel before the car actually turns.

poirqc
31-10-2015, 12:19
I don't have a TM control panel, due to the wheel being classed as an xbox controller. But in the window's calibration tool it all looks fine to me. Its just ingame there is a big deadzone in the centre, so its still a bit of guesswork as to how much I have to turn the wheel before the car actually turns.

If you start wheelcheck, does it detect the wheel?