PDA

View Full Version : [CAREER LOCKED] Only can play weekend race PS4

sephirot2000
08-05-2015, 21:11
I bought the game in disc and i only can play the weekend race with one car and one circuit in PS4.
I canīt play any other modes or select any car.
I try to reinstall the game deleting my saved game and the issue continues.
What the hell happend?
Sorry for PS$ i mean PS4

Aldo Zampatti
08-05-2015, 21:13
Are you unable to select other options? You see the other modes on screen? Free Practice? Events? Time Trial?

Patrick Kulinski
08-05-2015, 21:14
I've heard that this happens when the install isn't complete. Is this possible?

Umer Ahmad
08-05-2015, 21:17
I bought the game in disc and i only can play the weekend race with one car and one circuit in PS4.
I canīt play any other modes or select any car.
I try to reinstall the game deleting my saved game and the issue continues.
What the hell happend?
Sorry for PS$ i mean PS4

Do you remember EXACTLY what menus you did when you started the game the first time?

See also here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22312-Career-Locked-Help!!&p=887746#post887746), some guys say that deleting the data and starting over helps. You FIRST need to create a DRIVER, then that will unlock the CAREER. Don't do ONLINE or QUICK RACE first. CREATE DRIVER first.

sephirot2000
08-05-2015, 21:20
How can I create a pilot?
i donīt see the option anywhere.

denis74
09-05-2015, 12:36
I've heard that this happens when the install isn't complete. Is this possible?
It's the same on Xbox One. Yesterday downloading the game and all options available only at 100% content download completed.

So yes, if game is downloading only available Quick Race Weekend, one car and one track.

GrimGrnninGhost
12-05-2015, 18:53
Im on PS4 with a physical disk from BestBuy. According to the updates, I have version 1.01 installed. I have deleted Project cars 3 times now and re installed and each time the only thing unlocked is Solo and Options. In short, Cant play the game. the update was showing as 8.17MB. Suggestions

Peens1970
14-05-2015, 01:15
I having the same issue. Bought it from best buy and the only option after installing and deleting and reinstalling countless times under two different profiles even, I'm only able to drive solo with that fast car with a fin only allowing me to select options. :(

Is there a number or place to call at project cars that allows us to have someone walk us through these issues so we can enjoy the game?

So frustrating...any help would be most appreciated...

P

shnozburries
14-05-2015, 22:37
I have installed uninstalled restarted left it running over night and nothing. Still locked out no matter what I do nothing. Trying installing under guest nothing. Also cleared up space for online saving and still didn't fox it. This is extremely disheartening and as an employee of Best Buy and a Sony expert I've tried everything I can think of.

BoogieDisco
22-05-2015, 10:41
I had the same problem. I reinstalled Project Cars in order to choose Pro instead of Amateur. But than everything was locked. After trying 2 days I finally found the solution.
1. Delete project Cars
2. Delete application data on your hard disk.
3. Delete application data online
4. Delete graphics "Project Cars"
5. Disconnect the internet.
6. Restart your PlayStation.
7. Install project cars.
8. Choose your skills
9. Now still everything is locked.
10. Reconnect the internet.
11. Than wait that the update is completely installed.

Everything works fine again.

Paulo Mello
11-06-2015, 04:07
Same problem here...Tryed everything without solution...all locked! (I'm in Brazil, the physical media of the game distributed here in Brazil have the same problems, all locked on game menu)

I will return the game to store and try refund or change for another title, Project CARS litteraly doesn't work and its a bad issue.

Sony and/or game developers must give us an explain or some manifestation about this issue, cause the game really doesn't work.

Seffutsj
15-06-2015, 17:07
People I have to share the solution to the well known problem. I just bought a copy from amazon and shipped it here. I started up everything and all was locked. This is what I did that solved my problem and I think yours too.

1. Delete everything, also all saved things.
2. Disconnect internet
3. Eject disc
3. Log off and reboot ps4
4. Put in disc
5. Install game
6. Exit game / close application
7. Put internet on, see download added to download list
7.5 Go to downloads section, wait for full download before playing
8. Select download and then select install
9. Installing update
10. Turn on game if auto start hasnt started the game and you will be able to create a driver (career mode still locked, but the rest is unlocked)

Happy playing. Hope this works for you, shame to return a good racing game for ps4

Roger Prynne
15-06-2015, 17:22
Why is this in the PC section?

Mahjik
15-06-2015, 17:26
Moved to PS4

monkfiah
24-09-2015, 20:12
I had the same problem. I reinstalled Project Cars in order to choose Pro instead of Amateur. But than everything was locked. After trying 2 days I finally found the solution.
1. Delete project Cars
2. Delete application data on your hard disk.
3. Delete application data online
4. Delete graphics "Project Cars" <----- not sure how to do this step can you explain how to do it please?:D
5. Disconnect the internet.
6. Restart your PlayStation.
7. Install project cars.
8. Choose your skills
9. Now still everything is locked.
10. Reconnect the internet.
11. Than wait that the update is completely installed.

Everything works fine again.

can you help me with step 4 please not sure how to do this