PDA

View Full Version : Limited Edition DLC code not working

B1G_A1AN
08-05-2015, 21:15
I have just installed the Limited Edition version on my PS4, i went into the store in the game & put in the DLC code & it says that the code was no good, i then went to the site listed on the DLC insert http://www.dlc-projectcars.com/ i then put in the code again & it says that the code in invalid, i have also tried the pre-order DLC code i got from the retailer & it says that is a invalid code as well.

On the http://www.dlc-projectcars.com/ site all it asks for is the code, my country & email address, how is this tied to my PSN account?

B1G_A1AN
08-05-2015, 21:35
Has anyone else had this issue?

I cannot get any help or support :(

rui2204
08-05-2015, 22:11
hi! i have the same problem, like you both codes do not work, i tried them and they dont validate.
i bought the limited edition for the five cars and now im just desapointed!
compliments from portugal!

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 22:18
Hi Guys, if you have received a code, you may want to contact Sony and see if there is an issue with redeeming the codes. They would be able to say exactly why it is not redeeming.

If you have not yet received a code, you would need to contact your retailer.

B1G_A1AN
08-05-2015, 22:25
Hi Guys, if you have received a code, you may want to contact Sony and see if there is an issue with redeeming the codes. They would be able to say exactly why it is not redeeming.

If you have not yet received a code, you would need to contact your retailer.

The issue is on the http://www.dlc-projectcars.com/ website, it is not letting me generate the DLC code, i have had advice from others on other sites & they say that the code should show up.

I do not understand why you get a code in the box that you have to enter on a website that then gives you another code to enter on the PSN store to get the DLC content, why not just have the PSN/LIVE/STEAM redeem code in the box?

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 22:34
Sorry, i thought it was failing when redeeming on PSN.

Are you going to the dlc-projectcars.com on a PC or with the PS4 browser??

Might be worth trying a different browser incase it is having issues with certain browsers??

edit - Maybe people can post what browsers they have used and i it worked for them or not so we can see if there is a pattern.

B1G_A1AN
08-05-2015, 22:41
I am going on the site on a PC i have tried chrome & firefox & neither work, everytime it just says the code is invalid.

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 22:47
I am not familiar with the code in question, as I am on Steam on PC.

Are there dashes (-) in the code?? have you tried entering with and without?

B1G_A1AN
08-05-2015, 22:59
yes i have tried with & without, some that have done it said you have to use the dashes in the code.

really disappointed by this!

the other problem is that there is nowhere to get any help, i cannot contact them until monday & then it could take days, i have paid for something & i have not got it, help should be available 24/7 in this day & age with digital content.

i don't think it's slightlymads fault, more like bandi/namco it's just when paying £60 for something you expect it to work.

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 23:06
I hear ya. Unfortunately there is not much else i can offer you try at this stage.

I would hit the track for now and contact them Monday. There are heaps of other great cars you can run while they get you sorted :)

noelh902
08-05-2015, 23:31
Im having the same issue with my code also hope whoever is responsible for this gets it sorted asap!!

B1G_A1AN
08-05-2015, 23:34
I hear ya. Unfortunately there is not much else i can offer you try at this stage.

I would hit the track for now and contact them Monday. There are heaps of other great cars you can run while they get you sorted :)

Thanks for the help, i have already emailed them with the info that they have asked for, they had better get it sorted out though.

This has already put a downer on the game for me though :(

I see that you are a WMD member, would you be able to have a look on that site/forum to see if others are having the same issues as rui2204, noelh902 & myself, i have seen a few others on twitter with DLC code issues as well so it seems i am not the only one.

Morgan Henstridge
09-05-2015, 00:15
Hey Mate, I had a quick look but can not see any info on there.

WMD was only development focussed, and only had access to the PC builds. We dont have any console specific forums over there as we were never able to test these, that is why these forums were created as they will have more of a "post release" focus.

I would say this may be an issue where a "Code" Database has not been updated at one end, which is why it is working for some codes and not others.

It should be relatively easy for either Sony or Namco Bandai to get resolved once they are aware of the issue and work out which end is failing.

B1G_A1AN
09-05-2015, 14:16
Hey Mate, I had a quick look but can not see any info on there.

WMD was only development focussed, and only had access to the PC builds. We dont have any console specific forums over there as we were never able to test these, that is why these forums were created as they will have more of a "post release" focus.

I would say this may be an issue where a "Code" Database has not been updated at one end, which is why it is working for some codes and not others.

It should be relatively easy for either Sony or Namco Bandai to get resolved once they are aware of the issue and work out which end is failing.

Ok thanks.

I am just going to have to wait to see what they say sometime next week when i get a reply to the email.

Markush1980
09-05-2015, 14:48
I have this issue also on Xbox one I had the code for limited edition car pack entered on Xbox marketplace and that worked but the modified car pack one that I have to enter on the site keeps saying invalid. I have sent an email but like you say it's Monday to Friday so have to wait. It's not the end of the world but it is annoying. I don't understand why they couldn't have given the code for Xbox marketplace rather than entering 1 to generate another!

Aldo Zampatti
09-05-2015, 18:45
Sadly guys, I think we'll be not helping as much here.
We (WMD community) don't have access to such and I think SMS a Devs they don't either, that's sounds like a distribution channel (Steam, PSN, etc). I would recommend open up a ticket with them and then report back here as we can help others with the same issue

dbr93
09-05-2015, 18:58
Hi to all..
This morning I bought the game,digital steam version..
Contains:
The Standard Edition
The Limited Edition Car Pack
The Modified Car Pack
But when i open the game,the car of the modified car pack missing..Why?
Thanks in advance :)

Aldo Zampatti
09-05-2015, 19:01
Threads merged

dbr93
09-05-2015, 19:04
Ok,solution? .PC version for me :)

Aldo Zampatti
09-05-2015, 19:11
Ok,solution? .PC version for me :)

Please read my posting above, open up a ticket with steam please as it should be working and there's little we can do about it

Straightedge81
10-05-2015, 03:23
Same here guys managed to downloaded the modified car pack but the cars are no where in site

blackops
12-05-2015, 18:26
Straightedge81 so you have the modified car pack installed but you are unable to find any of the cars anywhere in your garage?

I think I am having the same issue but with the Limited Edition Car Pack not working or showing up in my garage.

Aldo Zampatti
12-05-2015, 21:06
Check if this helps pls

Hello all,

Decided I'd take a break from the action and quickly find out how to activate the code I got?
I went to the dlc-projectcars.com site, entered in my code, got another code and now I have no idea what to do with it :S

Found the answer here:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...l=1#post900865

Tl;dr - Go to Steam -> Games -> Activate a Product on Steam and put in the code you received from dlc-projectcars.com

Aleks

B1G_A1AN
12-05-2015, 21:10
I still have not heard anything back from support about my code issue on the PS4 :(

blackops
12-05-2015, 21:16
I still have not heard anything back from support about my code issue on the PS4 :(

Let me know what you find out from support when and if you ever do hear back I am really curious.

B1G_A1AN
12-05-2015, 21:24
Let me know what you find out from support when and if you ever do hear back I am really curious.

I will do as soon as i get a reply.

dbr93
12-05-2015, 22:49
Please read my posting above, open up a ticket with steam please as it should be working and there's little we can do about it
I have contacted steam,steam send me one message 'contact bandainamco'
I have contacted bandainamco ..and the reponse is 'contact slightly madstudios'
The situation is ridicoulus..
Tomorrow i contact sms..and maybe the reponse is 'contact jesus'

Pc version for me

blackops
13-05-2015, 02:54
Yeah I went through the same except for me it was bandanamco, then to contact sms.
I have been waiting for a couple days now and have not heard anything back from sms at all, not even if they received the email and will respond.
So curious if you hear anything back.

B1G_A1AN
13-05-2015, 20:54
Tried my code again & it worked!

nalaboy
14-05-2015, 00:23
Try the safari browser to enter the code it worked for me for both of the ps4 dlcs'

Aksuli83
14-05-2015, 02:06
I bought the limited edition, got those cars yes, but I didn't get the pre order "The Modified Car Pack" cars like "Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster". Contacted G2play and they take no responsibility of the matter. It's just few cars but example Cinque I was waiting to actually get. "Glad" that I'm not alone with the problems of content lacking, hope it gets sorted out.

EDIT: oops... kinda posted to the wrong thread.

Telb60
14-05-2015, 08:28
I got my code from the box entered it in the http://www.dlc-projectcars.com/ site. this generated a second code and no instructions about what you are supposed to do with it. Looked on Steam for Project cars DLC nothing showing. Has anyone successfully redeemed a code???

thisisbleep
14-05-2015, 13:09
I got my code from the box entered it in the http://www.dlc-projectcars.com/ site. this generated a second code and no instructions about what you are supposed to do with it. Looked on Steam for Project cars DLC nothing showing. Has anyone successfully redeemed a code???

If you are referring to the PC version you need to add the code through Steam just like any other code, "activate a product on Steam" in the bottom left corner of the Steam window.

Jtorruella
14-05-2015, 14:29
I was Team Members (Steam) (fee € 45). How can I tell if my PCars, is perfectly suited to the final version?

thisisbleep
14-05-2015, 14:43
I was Team Members (Steam) (fee € 45). How can I tell if my PCars, is perfectly suited to the final version?

It is best if you check the various threads on the WMD forum, all of the information that you need is there.

You can check what DLC that you have by going to Steam and selecting the game on the games list, then scroll down to the "DLC" section of the page and it lists what you have.

Jtorruella
14-05-2015, 16:36
Installed DLC: -Full Member
-Limited Edition Upgrade-001
-Modified Car Pack-002

The final version would be installed?

jasonr71
15-05-2015, 10:40
If anyone's slightly mad, I think it's us customers at present! I am having the same issue with the retail version MODIFIED CAR PACK code for the car pack. I tried to enter the code on this page http://www.dlc-projectcars.com/# and it says it's an invalid code. Not a good idea to pee off your customers from the very beginning 'SlightlyMad Studios'!

rbl
15-05-2015, 11:43
I think you need to get in contact with the reseller you bought it from and get a new code that works.

jasonr71
17-05-2015, 04:27
"I think you need to get in contact with the reseller you bought it from and get a new code that works". That's not a sufficient answer! It's your company that has created the code which is printed on a pamphlet and is bundled with the game! Therefore that response is a stupid response and to palm your customers off is pretty poor customer service. I bought your god damn game with a code, which your company had created, not the reseller you idiot! It has something to do with the web page where you enter the code, or some staff member has stuffed up with the codes in house!

A reseller can't pull codes out of the backsides for games made by numerous software companies!!! Lol

If I don't get a satisfactory response that explains how to get around this problem, I will take the game back and get a refund!:upset:

jasonr71
17-05-2015, 04:40
Incidentally, I just tried the code and it is now working. So obviously there was some sought of glitch with your webpage at the time when I initially tried the code!
And no, I didn't stuff up entering the code! I tried it numerous times, and I am a IT professional with over 20 years experience! So I don't have any difficulties typing numbers and characters onto a web page! Not only that, there were numerous gamers who were having the same problem!

NVI0U5
17-05-2015, 04:43
I get this everytime

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r93/NEMOnLISA/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2015-05-14-22-00-54.png (http://s142.photobucket.com/user/NEMOnLISA/media/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2015-05-14-22-00-54.png.html)

EDIT: Never mind I put the code in again with the dashes gave me another code

Sankyo
17-05-2015, 08:52
I am a IT professional with over 20 years experience!
That doesn´t give you the right to call someone an idiot on these forums.

jasonr71
17-05-2015, 10:09
I just received an infraction for my above response! Your WMD Member should've received the infraction notice for the poor support response!

jasonr71
17-05-2015, 10:12
Fair enough, I shouldn't had called him an idiot and I apologize! In saying that, if he is a staff member, admin, or support member, it was a poor response!