PDA

View Full Version : Can hadly hear own engine, only opponents roaring engines.

Pigmachine
08-05-2015, 21:26
Really annoying at starts, (pc version) I have only a crappy built in realtek hd audio, that works for everything else, including crew speech in this game, but is there a way to lower opponents sounds and/or raise own? (Stalling worse then when I was learner driver 24+ years ago :o )

TankSlapper
08-05-2015, 21:46
Hah, I have the opposite issue. Did you go to the "audio" section under controls and adjust the engine sound level?
If you have a 5.1 speaker setup you can also go into the windows "sound" app and adjust the individual speaker levels.

Myself, I had to turn down the engine level to 20% before it was balanced with the other sounds - though the radio from the pits is still so low at 100% that I can't understand what they are saying.
Based on the number of audio related posts it seems pCars might have a few bugs.

Umer Ahmad
08-05-2015, 21:50
crappy realtek mobo audio user here!

I leave all sounds at 100 and actually TURN DOWN (for what) the Pit Radio to about 60 because he's so damn loud.

Your "own" volume is controlled by the "ENGINE" slider and the opponent volumes are in the one below it (think it's called "Effects" or something like that)

Pigmachine
08-05-2015, 21:55
Thanks to both of you will try it out.. also noticed a guy on steam that had the 'opposite' problem that TankSlapper have

Pigmachine
08-05-2015, 22:17
crappy realtek mobo audio user here!

I leave all sounds at 100 and actually TURN DOWN (for what) the Pit Radio to about 60 because he's so damn loud.

Your "own" volume is controlled by the "ENGINE" slider and the opponent volumes are in the one below it (think it's called "Effects" or something like that)

Tried lowering sound effects (the one under engine) to 0.. they still sounded more then me :confused:

Pigmachine
09-05-2015, 19:21
It's on a level where it's unplayable! I tried lowering the engine, and seems all engines were lowered.. tried every setting by now.. will sit and be pissed off until it's patched. 1000+ builds and not fixed!?!?!? :culpability:

racerg
16-08-2015, 03:00
I have the same problem as Pigmachine. Some cars are worst then others. It would be nice to be able to adjust your cars engine volume independently of the cars you race. Even better would be an engine volume setting per car, like i said some cars need this more then others.

For me, for the cars that need it are un-driveable as I do not hear the engine queues (other car engines drown them out). This game has so many other adjustments, I am perplexed as to why so little audio adjustments... SMS please help!

System Specs:
AMD 6300 FX at 4.5Ghz on an ASUS M5A99FX Pro 2 mother board with Realtek ALC892 audio (7.1 surround capable), Klipsch ProMedia 4.1 speakers, AMD Radeon R9 280X GPU, 750 watt PS, 8GB DDR3 2133.
Thrustmaster TX Wheel with TM Leather 28 GT wheel add-on.

Running Windows 10 with DX12. Latest AMD Catalyst drivers.

ex_
16-08-2015, 03:16
it is because of the problem as with Surround sound in this game...

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24164-Is-Surround-Sound-a-WIP&highlight=surround+sound

racerg
16-08-2015, 03:48
Of course I have tried different combos of Master volume vs. Engine volume vs. Sound FX volume levels. Nothing helps. The engine volume for your own car is tied to the engine volume of the AI cars. Right now I run 80% Master, 100 percent Engine and 90 percent Sound FX. I was hoping turning down the master would take the other cars engine volumes down while keeping mine up, but that is not the case... The opposite does not help either.

SeeNoWeevil
16-08-2015, 09:52
I noticed this too. Would like to be able to raise that level of my own car. Would also be good to be able to increase the level of the rear speakers (I sit closer for racing games)