PDA

View Full Version : [PC] Cannot start racing after JIP to a MP Session

Diluvian
08-05-2015, 22:09
[JIP = Join in Progress]

This is reported very often when playing multiplayer. After joining a session in progress you cannot start driving or changing setup. It is everything locked. You're only able to go to lobby. You often have to re-JIP (;)) to get rid of that.

Elmo
08-05-2015, 22:34
At the moment in this case players have to rejoin. Devs already working on a fix.

N0body Of The Goat
09-05-2015, 05:18
There is a slightly different, but related issue going on as well...

It is possible to join a JIP server lobby, where the time limit (3mins?) has already expired (so the "vote when ready" box number that usually reads 60 is 0), so you cannot click "join the session" box.

In the past (during development), players stuck in the lobby because of missing the timer deadline, used to be automatically sent to the track.

But currently, players are just left stuck in the lobby, with no indication when the race proper has started (at which point joining the track is impossible).

Elmo
09-05-2015, 07:56
I'll look into it Nobody.

Fmostert
09-05-2015, 16:14
hi,

I have an issue. When I join a lobby I can't click on ''Drive'', even after more than a minute I can't join the track. It doesn't happen in all servers, does someone know how to fix it?
Or am I just stupid because you can change that when you make a server?:culpability:

Siberian Tiger
09-05-2015, 16:16
The Problem is mostly that you can't join a server (Drive) IF they are in the latest minutes of the Training/Qualy that's to ensure new clients does not disturb the Process from going to next session.

Elmo
09-05-2015, 16:33
Threads merged

Synergist
10-05-2015, 22:42
This happened to me, and it happens frustratingly often -- however the third time I connected and tried to join the session, this time it crashed. (dump attached ;))

Nomac55
11-05-2015, 13:07
[JIP = Join in Progress]

This is reported very often when playing multiplayer. After joining a session in progress you cannot start driving or changing setup. It is everything locked. You're only able to go to lobby. You often have to re-JIP (;)) to get rid of that.

I have got around this lock by moving my g27 dpad in lots of directions really fast.... It seems to unlock it somehow... Weird.

Diluvian
11-05-2015, 14:37
I'll give it a try as soon as I'm playing mp again :) thx for info

Krobo
15-05-2015, 06:58
What happens to me is joining late into a q session drive will stay grey until the race starts ,then im in but view is locked to bumper cam ..

If In a P1 proto type using the HUD cycle button instantly crashes the game (when stuck in bumper cam)

hers my post and some logs ..

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24666-Game-still-crashes-even-after-patch&p=912567&viewfull=1#post912567

Thanks guys really liking the game .. it was fine until after the last patch ,that's when my crash/freeze's started ..

Hope this helps ! ;-)

Mephisto_POA
16-05-2015, 23:18
Mine here keeps showing padlock to drive more than not, very frustrating!

Daffers
18-05-2015, 11:14
Yeah i havent been able to join any multiplayer race because it's locked everytime.
Hope the fix comes soon!

There also seem only a few lobbies and never any clio or ginetta. all gt3.
I would love some racing in those, but when i create a lobby nobody joins.

madmax2069
23-05-2015, 08:56
Here lately when I join a race the drive selection is locked, I back out to rejoin so that the drive selection unlocks, but during the loading screen the game crashes.

Eraycer
26-05-2015, 15:45
Having the same locked issue, I sat through practice and Q and if started me last on the grid for the race? I didn't practice so I just drove around until the end. This happens nearly every time.

dospaquetes
01-06-2015, 00:00
HOW is this not already patched 3 weeks post release ?? it happens 2 times out of 3 when I try to join any game ! I don't understand how this would be so hard to fix, SMS could at least remove any JIP restriction until they're able to do this correctly

ian2726
05-06-2015, 16:56
Any news on a patch for this yet?

Steve Dean
05-06-2015, 17:08
HOW is this not already patched 3 weeks post release ?? it happens 2 times out of 3 when I try to join any game ! I don't understand how this would be so hard to fix, SMS could at least remove any JIP restriction until they're able to do this correctly

There is a JIP launch command can add to your launch options on steam that should disable JIP, command below see this thread for some other launch commands can use as well http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23045-Command-Line-Launch-Options

-disablejip

hostaman
05-06-2015, 18:22
This wouldn't be a problem if you knew what point the session was at before joining e.g. if the Qual session is 20 minutes long and has only been going for a minute - not many players will wait for 19 minutes for a game.

nono782
07-06-2015, 10:57
And sometimes, when you manage to join a race, your view is stuck and you can't change it.
I kill the game and join back... it may work... or I give up and play another game.

Bealdor
13-06-2015, 20:06
Can anybody confirm that the locked Drive button is fixed with patch 1.4?

NutsMammoth
13-06-2015, 21:23
Tired. Game Over.

RomKnight
13-06-2015, 21:32
I did not have a locked drive button (yeat at least) after 1.4 but it happened one to be locked inside the car. Pedals and steering didn't work or ESC or anything really. I've seen all the cars went through just couldn't move.

Bentley gt3 at watkins and I was the room admin and it was the 1st race I setup as a public server but with passwd that friends knew.

I had to alt-tab to kill pcars from task manager

Pr3t3nd3r
13-06-2015, 23:24
Can anybody confirm that the locked Drive button is fixed with patch 1.4?

Same as before. Not fixed for me.

mjemec11
14-06-2015, 17:18
Just experiencing it on PS4.

Blupp
14-06-2015, 19:10
No, still there, i can drive in 1 out of 10 servers,

nono782
14-06-2015, 23:10
Still there, and still the locked view sometimes.
Anyone else with the "locked view" bug ? (wondering why nobody points this one out)

F2kSel
14-06-2015, 23:49
It doesn't happen as often but it's still there along with most the other bugs, I really haven't noticed much difference to be honest. 1.4 was a major let down.
Even the hud still doesn't work correctly along with forced bumper cam.

Chris28
15-06-2015, 05:43
Yeah. I couldn't change view yesterday when the race started. And after that when i joined another session I couldn't select Drive.

jetlag
15-06-2015, 18:36
I feel like 1.4 has made this issue worse. 9 out of 10 times I'm either stuck in the lobby or locked out of drive.

Also getting infinite loading screens upon track loading and sometimes in the garage.

Has basically been unplayable online for me.

Umer Ahmad
15-06-2015, 18:57
The "locked Drive" issue (which is being fixed) has a work-around: just exit and re-join. It should available the 2nd (or 3rd) attempt.

The leading "theory" (I don't know the cause myself) is that 2 people join at once (or close together) and that causes the locked DRIVE button.

F2kSel
15-06-2015, 19:15
The "locked Drive" issue (which is being fixed) has a work-around: just exit and re-join. It should available the 2nd (or 3rd) attempt.

The leading "theory" (I don't know the cause myself) is that 2 people join at once (or close together) and that causes the locked DRIVE button.

What I have noticed is that while mine was locked another car drove out of my pit box.

jetlag
15-06-2015, 20:13

What I have noticed is that while mine was locked another car drove out of my pit box.

due to the design of the on track lobby, there is rampant rejoining of the server because people must leave completely to select a different car. Perhaps all of that server noise plays a roll on the locked drive button.

ahf74
15-06-2015, 21:53
Please try to solve as soon as possible is very frustrating to want to compete and not let you go, in my case 10 session 7 have to restart for that reason.

Tommaso Rossato
18-06-2015, 14:45

How many times have you tried that? :confused:

I can assure you that it requires MORE than 2/3 rejoins to be able to drive...

And when it happens, it might happen that you'll find your view stucked in the bump cam,
forcing you to leave the game.

Do this quickly, exit/rejoin/found bug/exit/rejoin.... And you'll get a unhandled exception.
Tested and proved.

If you're lucky, you'll be able to qualify, most of the times you have 2 minutes available for hotlapping.

Please try to solve as soon as possible is very frustrating to want to compete and not let you go, in my case 10 session 7 have to restart for that reason.

Like I said, Umer.

nono782
18-06-2015, 22:57
That's exactly why I don't play the game as much as I would.
It's already not easy to find a race that suits you because you have to enter to see the settings (practice, qualif, laps...)
(Instead of short/long on the main MP page, say the number of laps and minutes till the race starts !)
and when you find one, you meet all the bugs.
It often ends up in a rage quit.

F2kSel
19-06-2015, 00:08
It's a real pain finding a server, they can say GT3 and they're racing Clios. The main lobby needs all the info before joining.
Class/cars, lap, current session, all playable session, weather and length ect.

All this would drastically reduce joining and leaving which is a distraction and causes stutter from time to time.

All of this was around in games 15 or more years ago but sadly lacking here.

It's almost as if online was an after thought and they had a bout 30mins to get something working and why try and reinvent stuff.
Coloured triangles for ping I think that's what they are, they don't really mean anything without a comparison what's wrong with numbers.

Joeri Blootacker
30-06-2015, 19:10
Just had a go today with the 2.0 patch.
2 out of 3 times i did not have the drive button available to me when joining a session in progress.
not sure if the host was running the patched version of course, so might give it a day or 2 to be sure.

nono782
30-06-2015, 19:52
Nothing about these bugs in the patch notes.
Just something about a bug when 8 players try to join at the same time... Certainly more important than the 1 player trying to join bug lol.

F2kSel
30-06-2015, 20:25
I thought it was supposed to have been fixed in 1.4 and I'm sure it was later mentioned that it would fixed in 2.0
When I read the patch list for 2.0 and noticed there was no mention of it I did ask if the locked drive button had been fixed but had no reply.

Joeri Blootacker
01-07-2015, 08:45
Just want to add, that when you exit and re-join a few times, that if you are lucky you get the drive button to be enabled, but then, it then often happens that you can't see your own car anymore, or that you get an unhandled exception.
or that the server is full in the mean time.
can be quite frustrating :) hehe

only seems to happen with sessions that i join while they are in progress.
with other sessions, where i'm in from the start i don't seem to have this issue, and i can enjoy our magical sim :)

Pr3t3nd3r
17-07-2015, 17:05
I believe this is fixed with the patch 2.5. :) Tried many times and was always able to race at any time :)