PDA

View Full Version : My Spec's

PC49NZ
08-05-2015, 22:33
I hope my signature shows at the bottom of this message.

Reading my spec's should P/CARS run okay for me.

ta, PC49NZ

Sankyo
08-05-2015, 22:35
I hope my signature shows at the bottom of this message.

Reading my spec's should P/CARS run okay for me.

ta, PC49NZ

Are you sure you wanted to create a new thread just for this? :) This place is already busy enough ;)

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 22:41
Here are the System Requirements from Steam

PC49NZ
08-05-2015, 22:46
Of course. I'm not computer savvy as these things have come 60 yrs to late for me. I'm getting, on occasions when playing this Sim a blue screen that says it has stopped running in order to protect the computer, which I've never had before. So if someone can tell me my spec's are not good enough, then I can take some sort of action, as the sim is terrific from what I've seen so far.

As I have to play from a specially adapted wheelchair (which is damn hard) or from a bed (severely disabled) I am unable to switch my computer off from the wall and re-start again after a few minutes, so have to rely on others to run to my beck an call.

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 22:52
Not sure why you are getting the bluescreen. If you can see the code (like 0x0032223) on the Blue screen, you can google that and it should give you a clue as to what is causing it.

From the Specs, the CPU is right at the minimum, and GPU is in the middle of the road.

First thing I would check is that you have the latest drivers for everything, including the GPU.

Get the GPU drivers from the nvidia website (http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us) though, as i have seen problems when the nvidia drivers come via Windows Update.

edit - Also, what Power Supply (PSU) does the PC have?? occasionally you can get a Blue Screen if the PCU is getting old or is low quality and cannot push out the required power when the PC cranks right up, and Project Cars will be pushing your CPU hard.

PC49NZ
08-05-2015, 23:07
Thanks Morgan, extremely helpful reply, really appreciate it. I'll get my mechanic in to sort it out, as I know it's not the Sims fault and one forgets how old their hardware is.

Jim, PC49NZ

Morgan Henstridge
08-05-2015, 23:11
No Worries Jim.

If you want to "lighten the load" on the PC, you could try just running in Free Practice with no other cars on track. This should stress the system a lot less than a full race, as the CPU will not have to calculate any Physics for the AI opponents.

At least then you might get some driving in until you get the to the bottom of your issue.

Hope to see you on the Track soon :)