PDA

View Full Version : Penalty after a Pitstop

FuriousDemon
08-05-2015, 22:19
In some multiplayer races, where you get a drive through penalty and enter pits, you get a huge "cut track" speed slowdown, after exiting pits. Could be anything from 50 to 2233 seconds from what I've seen. Tracks where I saw it happen are Spa, Catalunya. This has been reported by several people on WMD and also on gtplanet.

Elmo
08-05-2015, 22:37
The devs are aware and working on it.

jam1uk
10-05-2015, 11:54
Not sure if this is the right place as new to this forum thing...

Career Gameplay pitstop
Ginetta G40....... UK Challenge at Donnington

Qualified in first place with a time of 4 seconds faster than anyone else, was 2+ seconds ahead at pitstop, pulled into pits as did a few other cars, some managed to leave before me somehow. I raced on overtaking 3 or 4 cars on last lap and finished the race in 5 place....
this was the second time i did this race the first time i was talking on chat and didnt take much notice what was going on and came third so restarted and took nore as too what happened.

Beltoon
10-05-2015, 14:01
Not sure if this is the right place as new to this forum thing...

Career Gameplay pitstop
Ginetta G40....... UK Challenge at Donnington

Qualified in first place with a time of 4 seconds faster than anyone else, was 2+ seconds ahead at pitstop, pulled into pits as did a few other cars, some managed to leave before me somehow. I raced on overtaking 3 or 4 cars on last lap and finished the race in 5 place....
this was the second time i did this race the first time i was talking on chat and didnt take much notice what was going on and came third so restarted and took nore as too what happened.

This has nothing to do with you pit strategy? If you start with an empty fuel tank and fill it up during the pit stop it takes quite some time.

Mike Laskey
15-05-2015, 10:39
Fault identified, we're working on a fix.

Jimbo Jones
17-05-2015, 10:29
Ive had it in single player career mode on laguna seca every time i exit the pit i get a warning for cutting the track

PROTOCOL
21-05-2015, 22:04
I have gotten tons of this on most tracks... warning always occurs before you've been given control of the car. This really needs to be fixed.

PuntoXII
21-05-2015, 22:23
Same here, on spa I got a 655 seconds (!!) penalty after my drive through.

Krobo
23-05-2015, 01:23
same at brands GP- MP at Brands GP 20+ drivers .. first I get a drive threw before race even starts ,then as soon as I exit pit lane (from serving the mystery penalty) it gives me a cut track penalty of like 60+seconds ! heh ..

it's totally random doesn't happen all the time .. might be bandwidth related? positions not being correct ?

net code seems very good IMO !

thanks ;-)

Bealdor
13-06-2015, 19:03
Can anybody confirm that this is fixed with patch 1.4?

N0body Of The Goat
13-06-2015, 19:16

Edit: Confirmed issue still at Azure Circuit...

Created a public dedicated session
Formula A
Warmup/Race

Every time I exited the pits in warmup, I simply got a cut track warning on the exit of turn 1, despite staying inside the pit lines on way in and out.

Every time I exited the pits in the race, I received a 5 second "go slow" penalty for track cutting, depsite staying inside the pit lines on way in and out.

Tomiroquai
13-06-2015, 19:28

I have made 2 pit stops in a test race with some mates at Nurb GP : no penalties.

mcarver2000
13-06-2015, 20:48
It appears to have been fixed for Spa (which the first track I experienced this nasty creature).

Bealdor
13-06-2015, 21:07
Updated the Known issues list (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22315-Known-Issues-Collective-Thread-%28PC%29-Not-for-bug-reporting!). Please keep the track specific feedback coming guys!

Mturner
13-06-2015, 22:59
Today i got a 1 second penalty show up for no reason and remained indefinitely at 1 second. limiting my speed until returning to pit box. Unable to reproduce.

GLR Viper58
27-08-2015, 02:48
XBone version tonight in a multiplayer race at Ruapuna in the Gulf 1000 3 episodes where after pitting the exit speed was 29mph (two to me in different races and one to another driver). There was no penalty and no indication of cut and I was not outside the boundary of the pit exit at any point. Simply wouldn't allow acceleration past 29mph after leaving the pits. There was no end in site or count down. I eventually got it to reset but making a big track cut to induce a cut penalty. It then informed me of a penalty and counted down and finally released my car to normal operations.

Aztec
08-09-2015, 23:26
XBone version tonight in a multiplayer race at Ruapuna in the Gulf 1000 3 episodes where after pitting the exit speed was 29mph (two to me in different races and one to another driver). There was no penalty and no indication of cut and I was not outside the boundary of the pit exit at any point. Simply wouldn't allow acceleration past 29mph after leaving the pits. There was no end in site or count down. I eventually got it to reset but making a big track cut to induce a cut penalty. It then informed me of a penalty and counted down and finally released my car to normal operations.

Has happened to a few of us.. after doing a pit stop, car wont come off limiter ,, on ruapuna and nurburgring that i remember. pain in the behind...

Tommi-TAG
21-01-2016, 10:30
Hello.
This issue was already reported by N0body Of The Goat last year (on 13-06-2015, in this page above). But the issue still remains, and I'd like to report it again.

- Platform: PC
- Control: Any
- Car: Any
- Track: Azure Circuit
- Tires: Any
- Note: Tested only in Single-player mode

About Azure Circuit, every time when I leave the pit exit, I always get a warning "Cut-Track" no matter how carefully I drive inside the line.
I've edited a short video to explain the situation. (As always, I uploaded this video as Unlisted. non-public.)
I'm glad if this report could help to fix this issue.
Thank you. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUG4moXJyA0

N0body Of The Goat
21-01-2016, 11:23
The longstanding workaround is to forget about real life rules just for this track and take turn 1 normally as if you had not pitted.

I don't know for sure, but perhaps this issue simply cannot be solved, at least without a major re-coding.

If the above is true and this issue was hightlighted some time ago (I'd be amazed if this was not reported during development), I don't know why some artistic license was not used to make a solid walled pit lane exit that rejoins the track after turn 1.

Tommi-TAG
21-01-2016, 12:02
The longstanding workaround is to forget about real life rules just for this track and take turn 1 normally as if you had not pitted.

I don't know for sure, but perhaps this issue simply cannot be solved, at least without a major re-coding.

If the above is true and this issue was hightlighted some time ago (I'd be amazed if this was not reported during development), I don't know why some artistic license was not used to make a solid walled pit lane exit that rejoins the track after turn 1.
Thanks for your reply, N0body Of The Goat.
We (old WMD members) know there are so many things to work on in the developments. And this issue is one of them.
I also hope this issue will be fixed in the future update if it is possible. :)