PDA

View Full Version : [Fixed] Online - Practice/Qualifying switch to Race "UNHANDLED EXCEPTION"

m3driv3r
08-05-2015, 22:55
Hi everybody,

I have a problem on multiplayer. When I drive on qualification, free practise or in warming there is nothing so everything is normal. But when the race begins, i get this error and game shuts down. What do you think about that ? Does anybody have a suggestion to fix it ?

Edit by Elmo: Fixed with Patch 1.3 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24532-PC-Patch-1-3-published-Notes-inside)

Disposable_Hero
08-05-2015, 23:00
This has been reported multiple times and i think there will be a patch for that soon.
Hint: if your game crashes please always upload the crash dump you find in MyDocuments\Project Cars\dbgSession.
Possible workaround: disabling steam overlay.

m3driv3r
09-05-2015, 15:11
Thanks for your reply. Where should i upload the report file ?

Blackvault
09-05-2015, 15:12
Thanks for your reply. Where should i upload the report file ?

Upload it here and we'll take care of it.

Pete

Stevie_F
09-05-2015, 17:12
I have just received a crash report after my game crashing.200987

Elmo
09-05-2015, 22:28
Have there been debug files posted for that particular problem. If yes, could somebody guide me to them?

yusupov
09-05-2015, 22:29
FYI, if youve installed reshade, that will cause these crashes

Disposable_Hero
09-05-2015, 22:33
Have there been debug files posted for that particular problem. If yes, could somebody guide me to them?
It might be worth making a yellow banner explaining people what to upload in case of a crash.
I still see many posts where there is only a screenshot or the textfile.

Elmo
09-05-2015, 22:36
It might be worth making a yellow banner explaining people what to upload in case of a crash.
I still see many posts where there is only a screenshot or the textfile.

I'll notify IJOJOI to add it to his thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21846-PLEASE-READ-How-to-report-issues).

MaXKiLLz
09-05-2015, 23:17
My very first pole position in an online race. Qualifying ends, screen goes black and boom, UNHANDLED EXCEPTION TRAPPED! Thanks SMS. I see the delays were well worth it. Awesome job! :mad:

debug report attached...

Hank
10-05-2015, 11:01
good to see this issue is taken into account, MP is just unplayable fot now :(

Mephisto_POA
10-05-2015, 11:11
This has been reported multiple times and i think there will be a patch for that soon.
Hint: if your game crashes please always upload the crash dump you find in MyDocuments\Project Cars\dbgSession.
Possible workaround: disabling steam overlay.

I disabled it already and can confirm the issue is still present

Morgan Henstridge
10-05-2015, 11:20
Here is the current list of things that have caused this issue for others, and is the best place to start....

1) Ensure you have latest drivers.
2) Set everything back to Stock clocks if you have been overclocking, including factory OCs.
3) Disable any overlays in 3rd party software, eg Steam overlay, MSI afterburner OSD, Fraps OSD, etc.
4) Disable Sweet FX / Reshade, Raptr, Razer Synapse and any other 3rd party application that affects the game &/or its files.
5) Set -dx9 in the steam "Launch Options" for Project CARS.
6) Set Virtual Memory to system managed.

Reboot and see if it runs for you.

- If it does run for you, then you can start turning things back on / overclocking etc, but only 1 at a time so you know what is responsible if the issue returns.

- If it still doesn't run, check the Windows Event Viewer for anything being logged at the time of your crash, as this will give an indication on where to start looking.

MaXKiLLz
10-05-2015, 11:28
good to see this issue is taken into account, MP is just unplayable fot now :(

My question is, with all the early backers playing for the last two years, why wasn't this issue fixed before? To me, this game is still very much in the beta stage of development.

Elmo
10-05-2015, 11:33
My question is, with all the early backers playing for the last two years, why wasn't this issue fixed before? To me, this game is still very much in the beta stage of development.

This issue didn't occur until the retail version, also it doesn't happen all the time. We had plenty of session were everybody made the transition okay without crashing.

Also a little change somewhere else can have knock-on effects that are not always obvious. The good thing is though the team is very quick and effective hunting down such problems.

People that facing that problem constantly should stick for online session that directly jump into a race.

tweak_master
10-05-2015, 11:45
This issue didn't occur until the retail version, also it doesn't happen all the time. We had plenty of session were everybody made the transition okay without crashing.

Also a little change somewhere else can have knock-on effects that are not always obvious. The good thing is though the team is very quick and effective hunting down such problems.

People that facing that problem constantly should stick for online session that directly jump into a race.
I've been testing pCars for 3 years since the beginning, and I'm facing the same issues now... When race starts the game crashes, never had this before and the setup of my pc hasn't changed over the years.

gepetto
10-05-2015, 12:12
Hi,
same issues. Very sad. So mp is broken for me :(

Dam0
10-05-2015, 12:27
My logs are here http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22500-unhanded-exception-trapped-crash-to-desktop

JeyD02
10-05-2015, 13:45
I seen that disabling steam overly has solve the he problem for the most part

gepetto
10-05-2015, 14:44
I seen that disabling steam overly has solve the he problem for the most part

I disabled it already and can confirm the issue is still present
I think it's the patch they released (18mb) because yesterday everything was fine.

dondiego29
10-05-2015, 14:57
Same problem for me, the game crash in multiplayer. Hope a patch quickly, until I return on Assetto Corsa where the multiplayer works fine.
If I had known that it was an alpha, I would have waited

bonesai
11-05-2015, 06:52
Same problem, happend saturday 4 times in a row after finished qualyfing O_o. Only if i get no counted lap it seems to work.
Waiting for a patch cause this is frustrating :D

Morgan Henstridge
11-05-2015, 07:18
Guys, Check the Windows event Viewer for the time of the Crashes.

Mainly the Application and System logs, as this will show what was happening at the time that may be causing the issue.

dondiego29
11-05-2015, 08:59
Guys, Check the Windows event Viewer for the time of the Crashes.

Mainly the Application and System logs, as this will show what was happening at the time that may be causing the issue.

Sorry but i'm not a professional in data processing so, go to see the windows event viewer don't help me on the cause of the crashes. It's your job to find the problems not our. I wonder what has been used the alpha. We are not alpha tester sorry. We are just "simple" players of your game. I'm sorry to be rude but I'm tired we are asked to put the logs when most do not know anything like me. We want just a answer, and a patch to play properly.

PerFixAlot
11-05-2015, 09:23
Sorry but i'm not a professional in data processing so, go to see the windows event viewer don't help me on the cause of the crashes. It's your job to find the problems not our. I wonder what has been used the alpha. We are not alpha tester sorry. We are just "simple" players of your game. I'm sorry to be rude but I'm tired we are asked to put the logs when most do not know anything like me. We want just a answer, and a patch to play properly.

Don't worry about the event viewer logs in this case, I had at least 20 crashes over the weekend and there's nothing in my event logs related to Steam or Project CARS errors.
In general it is a good idea to check those once in a while though.

It seems to me that the game crashes more frequently when there are more players in a session, and more games listed online, and as far as I can tell it has no impact on single player games.
So, my guess is that these errors are somehow caused by some networking or server related bug, as there were hardly any of this kind of errors just before the public got access and the online activity increased significantly.

jim jonez
11-05-2015, 09:54

just had the same issue too. Log attached

gepetto
11-05-2015, 10:04
It seems to me that the game crashes more frequently when there are more players in a session, and more games listed online, and as far as I can tell it has no impact on single player games.
So, my guess is that these errors are somehow caused by some networking or server related bug, as there were hardly any of this kind of errors just before the public got access and the online activity increased significantly.

THIS
1+

punk rabbit
11-05-2015, 19:22
I have not been able to go into races. Tried 3 times. After qualification game crashes. See attached dump files. Will try workarounds now and get back to you. (*frustrated but full of hope for this game*)

/edit: nope, nothing helped. crashed again. however, don't know what "6) Set Virtual Memory to system managed." means or where I can change that.

uk_spawn
11-05-2015, 19:30
same* posted in another similar topic already though.

Rakete
11-05-2015, 19:56
same here !
regardless to the few bugs, your game is awsome....BUT the mp-browser is horrible !

If i have managed the mp-browser with just 50 random-servers i get caught by the crash :culpability:

Disposable_Hero
11-05-2015, 20:43
6) Could mean that you let windows handle the pagefile (its under system somewhere)

Killa162
12-05-2015, 08:44
Not really sure which log it is since it happened days ago and it usually happens after 3+ races, where the 3rd or any race after that causes the crashes.

I'm pretty sure its the files that happened on the 8th, but then again I'm not to sure. Never hurts to have to much information right?

Disposable_Hero
12-05-2015, 16:45
Not really sure which log it is since it happened days ago and it usually happens after 3+ races, where the 3rd or any race after that causes the crashes.

I'm pretty sure its the files that happened on the 8th, but then again I'm not to sure. Never hurts to have to much information right?
Hi, could you please upload the MWLDumpFnl.dmp files as well? The text files alone are not so useful i am afraid. Thank you.

Killa162
12-05-2015, 17:21
Hi, could you please upload the MWLDumpFnl.dmp files as well? The text files alone are not so useful i am afraid. Thank you.

Says invalid file, that's why I did the .txt files since I can't upload the .dmp's at all.

Disposable_Hero
12-05-2015, 17:24
Says invalid file, that's why I did the .txt files since I can't upload the .dmp's at all.
You mean the forum upload dialogue? In that case a ZIP will do the trick;)

Elmo
13-05-2015, 16:02
This issue should be fixed with the new patch (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24532-PC-Patch-1-3-published-Notes-inside). Please report back.

Elmo
14-05-2015, 13:55
This issue should be fixed with the new patch (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24532-PC-Patch-1-3-published-Notes-inside). Please report back.

Anyone?

Being an optimist I'll take this as good sign and mark it as fixed for now.

Peter Enders
15-05-2015, 01:49
fixed it for me with last patch

JeyD02
15-05-2015, 03:19
Sure if I'm not mistaken, I still got the error. Just once and then it was fine.

punk rabbit
15-05-2015, 07:39
fixed it for me with last patch

Pr3t3nd3r
15-05-2015, 09:35
Yeah. This issue is fixed with the latest patch but there are still random freezes and crashes.

Cheers!

Brejku
15-05-2015, 10:25
Still happens to me randomly, even with the new patch. It's pretty annoying when you drive quali,try to beat the time and then before the race you get kicked becouse of that error.

BioForce
11-11-2015, 07:59
Confirmed. It's still happening. MP Donington Clio Cup 16 Human no AI. Crash when switching from Quali to Race. Ends up Freeze in Pitbox. Sound still on. People spawning all over the Track.