PDA

View Full Version : Issue with TrackIr Pro4

Lars Geraae
08-05-2015, 23:02
Copied from my Youtube channel:

I use my TrackIr Pro4 Naturalpoint to drive GTR2 - Assetto corsa - iRacing - Euro truck simulator 2 - Nascar season 2003 - Raceroom - DIRT rally and play Arma III and fly IL-2 with no problems, BUT purchased Project cars and having this problem.
After a half or hole lap, the TrackIr begins to move backwards and have to reset my view with F12 many times in a race. The G-force effects are disabled and cam angles too. I'm not a newbie with TrackIr, so the problem have to be in the Pcars game.
Really annoying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGbKFcGNMLc&feature=youtu.be

It's sometime better to tell something with pictures or a video.

Lars Geraae
09-05-2015, 14:17
HELLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! ??:confused:

Siberian Tiger
09-05-2015, 14:23
No need for using CAPS Letter (Screaming)

The Game is only some days old and not many Users have Track IR...

Well, i try to help...

I'm also using Track IR but i havn't this problem.

Could you please try to deactivate the z Axis on your Track IR Menu?

If this works then we have to dig deeper why it's constantly going back.

Morgan Henstridge
09-05-2015, 14:30
Hi Lars, Looks to be related to the Crash into the wall that sets it off initially.

I don't have a Track IR, but maybe someone else does and can see if they get the same thing.

Do you get it happen down the long back straight (where it happens the 2nd time) if you don't hit the wall first??

Just trying to work out if something at that Speed is also triggering it by itself, or if it is all subsequent to the first impact with the wall.

Also have you tried different cars and do they all do the same for you??

Lars Geraae
09-05-2015, 14:40
@Siberian Tiger:
Thanks for answer, but my patiance isn't like it use to be. Sorry for that. I'll look at the Z axis today and will update you, but 'ON' (enable in TrackIr options), is on like it is in the other games with no problems, but I'll check it out.
@Morgan Henstridge:
It happends when I accelerate and it moves alittle bit of time and it does to all the cars I've tried.

Yorkie065
09-05-2015, 15:02
I use TrackIR 5 so hopefully it's not an issue related directly to TrackIR 4 and is something that we can fix with settings. Like Siberian Tiger said, make sure Z axis is off. I personally only run with Yaw, Pitch and Roll on in racing games and have X, Y and Z axis' turned off. Seems a little weird having that much movement around in the cockpit when you're in a near enough fixed position anyway in the drivers seat. As for in-game: https://youtu.be/HZ3PU1WbkCM?t=6m10s I made this video here and follow those settings from 6.10 onwards. The movement going back and forth looks like they are from the speed sensitive controls so turn that off, and the world movement, g-force affects shouldn't affect the camera movement in that way either, also make sure any look to apex, camera and helmet lean are off also (just copy my settings :P ). Also note in the controls>edit assignments. There are 4 options revolving around camera movement (forward, back, up and down). Make sure you don't have anything bound to those keys that could be causing it (brake or accelerate, or turning). By default, these should WSAD keys respectively.

If none of the above works or the obvious updates to TrackIR drivers, then come back and we'll have to look into it further.

Lars Geraae
09-05-2015, 15:47
Hey, it worked to turn off Z axis ! Why I didn't think off that one is a mystery, but properly because it works on the other games, so I've wasen't paying attention to that solution. And I am old enough to say sorry for the inconvenience.
@Yorkie;
Thanks for the detailed explanation...and follows you on your Youtube channel. You rock !
With the blur and Z axis off, I'm heading for Le mans for a couple of hours racing.
Thanks again.

Siberian Tiger
09-05-2015, 15:48
Hey, it worked to turn off Z axis ! Why I didn't think off that one is a mystery, but properly because it works on the other games, so I've wasen't paying attention to that solution. And I am old enough to say sorry for the inconvenience.
@Yorkie;
Thanks for the detailed explanation...and follows you on your Youtube channel. You rock !
With the blur and Z axis off, I'm heading for Le mans for a couple of hours racing.
Thanks again.

No Problem, we are here to lend a helping Hand :)
Great that you know can Enjoy your Races...

late_apex
11-05-2015, 02:11
I just purchased the game and have mostly been dealing with finding the sweet spot for the FFB. It's getting there and I'm pleasantly surprised by the level of immersion it has to offer.

With that said, my TrackIR 4 doesn't work at all. It appears that it being recognized as the status light comes on, but that's as far as it goes. My profile (no X, Y, X axes either) works perfectly fine with rF2, A.C., etc. I would appreciate any input you may have on how you got yours to work. Maybe I'm missing something in the controller or camera menus, but do I actually have to activate something?

I will continue to investigate, but your help would be greatly appreciated.

edit: I forgot to mention that I'm using triple screens, if that makes a difference...

eracerhead
11-05-2015, 02:43
TrackIR only works in Helmet Cam. Default cam is Cockpit view, next one is centered in the cockpit, third one is Helmet cam (which will be obvious because the helmet liner surrounds the view).

late_apex
11-05-2015, 02:54
TrackIR only works in Helmet Cam. Default cam is Cockpit view, next one is centered in the cockpit, third one is Helmet cam (which will be obvious because the helmet liner surrounds the view).

Thank you for your prompt reply. It would have taken me awhile to figure that one out. Thanks again.