PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Bugs

Vin75
08-05-2015, 23:41
Great game but two very annoying bugs in my multiplayer game last night

1 - In 3 of the Multiplayer races from the start of the race when lights go green my car is stuck on the grid unable to select a gear, its like someone has jumped over the pit wall and wheel clamped my car
and from here the only way out of it is to ctrl alt del and try to end the steam process which pops up with a message saying project cars is still running but i cant see it in task manager, after a while steam
will eventually shut down - very annoying and i don't know if its a bug or a latency problem that causes it - it's never happened in solo

2 - In multiplayer once again, the hud is showing who is in front and behind in the bottom left hand corner is wrong most of the time as the names of the cars in front and behind are not who the hud thinks they are,
maybe latency is causing it to be extremely slow in updating or it doesn't want to work at all... again not seen it happen in solo

Specs
Win 8
Intel i5
8GB Ram
Gtx 760

Vin75
09-05-2015, 11:39
Bug number one has now happened to my friend a couple of times today, stuck on the start grid.... lights go green, can't get any gear and can not move... Ctrl Alt Delete and restart game, getting unplayable now.

Elmo
09-05-2015, 11:50
Moved to the Multiplayer Forum

We are already investigating #1

Can you give more details on #2? Maybe a screenshot that clearly shows the issue or a video?

Vin75
09-05-2015, 13:17
#2 - I will try to reproduce the bug this afternoon and will post back

Krobo
09-05-2015, 18:32
I to have had issues . for the first time (after 15 or so online races) I had a black screen ,not the starting grid bug- but in the set up screen when trying to adjust a few things on a server already , a had a black screen freez with sound still I -ctrl-alt-del - shut Pcars down in task manager but then like posted above I cant launch the game again as steam says "Pcars already running" ,steam also wont shut down it gives the msg 'waiting to Pcars to shut down , then after 10 min! it says "please shut Pcars down to exit" or something like that ..

After going to the kitchen ,making something to eat , some 20 min and still steam wont shut and says pcars is still running ..no instance of pcars in task manager, only way out is to reboot the box ;-) ..

Another instance where I could not shut pcars down was when trying to use the DS with -searchds in the command of p-cars.. I followed the instructions for DS and had the server.cfg in the DS folder and was going to launch but when I tried to start pcars (with the -searchds) pcars would not start properly ,it showed the pcars icon on the tool bar but it was only a black screen and I got the same as above never ending "pcars is still running" had to reboot .. since then I uninstalled the DS for now ..This was most likely user error tho but same out come as the first black screen

*I downloaded and installed the DS after my first online screen freez/black screen.. just so you know ;-) the 2 issues are separate !

thx ;-)

********************EDIT*******************

now my game wont start ,goes right into the loop of saying its open when its closed .. its sticks on the 1st splash screen with the MS logo l.,.Im going to remove the assigned ports I gave the DS from my router n see if that helps ..

AMD PhenomII @3.2GHZ
nvid gigagyte 780ti
8gigs ram win 7 enterprize

G2Wolf
10-05-2015, 00:39
2 - In multiplayer once again, the hud is showing who is in front and behind in the bottom left hand corner is wrong most of the time as the names of the cars in front and behind are not who the hud thinks they are,
maybe latency is causing it to be extremely slow in updating or it doesn't want to work at all... again not seen it happen in solo

The hud shows who is ahead of you and behind you based on position in the race, not position on the track. If you're in 2nd place, the hud will show how far ahead 1st place is and how far behind 3rd place is. If a lapped car happens to be between you and 1st place, the hud doesn't change to show the time between you and that lapped car. It will still show the time between you and first.

Soeren Kolodziej
10-05-2015, 03:45
The HUD bug i had today too, a car behind me was at first 2:30min behind, after a while he was 4:00min up to 8min, later 2:40 so the normal gap
same in LapHUD (where the laptimes shown) sectortimes not stop or time not stop at finishline and reset...

camillozockt
10-05-2015, 11:44
i thought i add my list :

1. game crashes during loading screen to the next session (it stays black and sound loops)

2. sometimes my camera view gets stuck , i cant cycle my cameras and its always the hood camera

3. cant click on drive when im on server ! even if its free practice, many people have this problem ! restarting the game works (not often)

i hope this helps ^^

STROODLE-NOODLE
10-05-2015, 13:12
When I join qualifying or free pratice i cant press drive to get out of the pits, as it is locked and greyed out.

MaXKiLLz
10-05-2015, 17:24
I've also been a victim of being stuck in the black screen before a race. Exasperating! This is the most bug filled game I've ever experienced.

R-Racer
10-05-2015, 18:27
Not so much a bug but an idea would be when the race session starts and everyone is placed on the grid. If someone on the grid is "away" instead of going straight ingame can it just go to the status screen and when you press drive you then go ingame and wait on the grid. For anyone who is away after say up to 1-2mins the players who have pressed drive proceed with the race and the drivers who are away are not placed on the grid with an empty gap on the grid.

As i've seen a number of times when the race begins the drivers who are away are simply parked on the grid and this causes carnage at the start of a race.....

CTR69
10-05-2015, 19:02
Some I found:

- poor filter and no sorting options in the browser
- no auto kick for too much ping
- signal strength bars instead of numbers for ping
- drive sometimes stays locked forever (already reported)
- start is buggy and lagged, some start at green, some earlier, some later. Happens all the time in rolling starts.
- before rolling start, cars are crashing, not keeping distance.
- penalty for jumpstart if someone pushes you from behind.
- no filtering and matchmaking based on ranking.
- Player rank not visible in the lobby
- stuck cars don't get kicked from game after certain period. Some moron parks on ideal line and instead of autokick after couple of seconds, he ruins the race.

Vin75
10-05-2015, 20:15
Yeah the bugs are killing it for me, now after playing for 1 hour i have only played one race and that one lasted 2 mins when the host rage quit after crashing into a wall, now i can not find any servers on mp and when they are there it says lobby status but can not connect... has the race started but why does it say lobby status?

Game is full of bugs !!

FranklinPWSR
10-05-2015, 20:19
A lot of connection lost at the moment.

Is this because we run the game on 64-Bits?

R-Racer
10-05-2015, 21:17
I wouldn't think so because I am running on 64bit and haven't had a disconnection. Experienced mainly the game crashing between going between quali and race.

Synergist
10-05-2015, 22:46
I've experienced one multiplayer disconnect when playing with friends. The host was also disconnected (?!) and host migrated to someone else, so a few people were left playing, but several of us got kicked out.

What was interesting was that other people appear to have been disconnected prior, because there were MANY abandoned cars by the side of the track (and one on the track) the lap before.

Several of us then had the game crash to desktop when reattempting an online race...

Randall Johnson
10-05-2015, 23:59
frame rate drop when player joins or leaves. just from 60 fps to 55 is a stuttering mess.

FatnSlo
11-05-2015, 01:35
i thought i add my list :

1. game crashes during loading screen to the next session (it stays black and sound loops)

2. sometimes my camera view gets stuck , i cant cycle my cameras and its always the hood camera

3. cant click on drive when im on server ! even if its free practice, many people have this problem ! restarting the game works (not often)

i hope this helps ^^

I have had all these same exact issues. Especially #3.

MaXKiLLz
11-05-2015, 02:24
I too am experiencing random stutters online. Don't know if it's people joining and leaving or people crashing on other parts of the track. If you're setting up for a corner, one of these momentary stutters really screws things up.

Ston3Cold
11-05-2015, 06:35
Just thought I'd add one bug here that I experienced last night.

I'm hosting my own dedicated server. Me and a friend joined it last night without any issues. With regards to the restrictions, I had "Force Real Driving Aids" set to "No" when I created a lobby for us on the dserver.

I'm played with my 360 controller while he played with his G27. Whenever the race starts, none of his inputs work, not even the escape button. He needs to force quit the game. I had none of these issues. Then I decided to switch "Force real Driving Aids" to "Yes". Restarted the race and low and behold, his inputs started working again.

So, I don't know if anyone else can reproduce this issue, but this was definitely an error that I picked up last night :)

fero
11-05-2015, 06:54
I had some similar issues on PS4 last night. I was hosting an online session.

I had a disconnect on qualifying. When reconnecting, my time was reset and a friend of mine was the host (okay so far). Unfortunately my view was locked to the hood cam and in my driver list (while still in qualifying) said "DQ" for all human drivers. When the race started, all the AI drivers didnt move and stayed at the starting position for the rest of the race.

Raven403
11-05-2015, 12:15
I did a 50 lap race at Hockenheim in Formula C with a friend Online. At one point around the time cars started pitting, AI cars went into the pit and never left. At least 7-10 cars just stayed on pit road for the duration of the race. Playing on PC

MABlosfeld
11-05-2015, 13:40
Not so much a bug but an idea would be when the race session starts and everyone is placed on the grid. If someone on the grid is "away" instead of going straight ingame can it just go to the status screen and when you press drive you then go ingame and wait on the grid. For anyone who is away after say up to 1-2mins the players who have pressed drive proceed with the race and the drivers who are away are not placed on the grid with an empty gap on the grid.

As i've seen a number of times when the race begins the drivers who are away are simply parked on the grid and this causes carnage at the start of a race.....

Great idea, just go race only who made the vote thus avoiding cars without drivers early in the race.

MABlosfeld
11-05-2015, 13:45
A lot of connection lost at the moment.

Is this because we run the game on 64-Bits?

I'm having black screen early in the race, it will disconnect problem or because my windows is 64 bit?

MABlosfeld
11-05-2015, 13:46
I've experienced one multiplayer disconnect when playing with friends. The host was also disconnected (?!) and host migrated to someone else, so a few people were left playing, but several of us got kicked out.

What was interesting was that other people appear to have been disconnected prior, because there were MANY abandoned cars by the side of the track (and one on the track) the lap before.

Several of us then had the game crash to desktop when reattempting an online race...

I'm having black screen early in the race, it will disconnect problem or because my windows is 64 bit?

MABlosfeld
11-05-2015, 13:47
I have had all these same exact issues. Especially #3.

I'm having exactly the same problems

Pr3t3nd3r
11-05-2015, 14:11
Same here :)

I have experienced almost all liste dproblems :)

Krobo
11-05-2015, 20:57
now my game wont start ,goes right into the loop of saying its open when its closed .. its sticks on the 1st splash screen with the MS logo l.,.Im going to remove the assigned ports I gave the DS from my router n see if that helps ..

After removing the ports my game now runs normally ,I guess you cant run a DS and join/host from the same PC?

another thing I noticed is ,if I have a browser up and forget because its minimized the game hangs at launch ! if I alt tab it seems to go right to the intro move ,alt tab does not take me to desk top if a browser is running .

If I have no browser up the game starts fine ..lol ??

yotch
11-05-2015, 22:14
Why I received a penalty?
It happens to frequent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9ThMxIYhIA

bybyeGTi
12-05-2015, 01:36
In a couple of hours online racing I've had:
- Unable to exit pits for qualifying
- Disappearing HUD
On xbox 1.

edwald
12-05-2015, 11:11
My MP_Bugs:

-sometime unable to exit pits when joining an already running Trainig or Quali-Event. The Button keeps beeing locked.
-sometime connection to any server in List fails. "Server does not exist anymore or server is full". Refresh List, game restart, Steam oder PC restart leads to no changes.
-sometime driving out of the Box, leads to an invisible Car-Crash and Damages to the cars. Happens , when the Box-Walls in front are invisible or not properly rendered.
.in many cases, the Laptimes (Training, Quali)are not counted and not logged in Ranking-List
-Sometimes Blaksreen or Hang, when Changing Events and loading the next Event. (For Instance: Quali to Race)

Plattform: PC

Anything-but
12-05-2015, 11:16
No lobby I create can be seen in the server browser tho I can invite people in, tested with various settings last night with my son.

Platform - PS4. (Nat type 2)

Krobo
12-05-2015, 20:27
This thread has a general title so I'm adding the bugs I find here ..although the first thread only consists of a few ..

Im MP sessions if you come/join into a Q session late via >"join in progress" sometimes you cant race =drive button is locked /grey , this was with 5 min or less remaining might be a feature so you cant come in late and ruin other players laps ? but I don't think so .. once it changes to RACE its ok ..

also when this happens it seems to LOCK your view , I was stuck in bumper cam until next session , If you stay on the server for the next round you can now drive as its not grey/locked any more and the views are free to change again !

this was a server with only Q and R no practice session ..

Thanks !

murdi
13-05-2015, 14:44
The Netcode should be fixed, so that crashes and collisions are minimized.

We had several Races on different tracks, nobody was seeing the other one bumping into each other, but the car reacted like hell. It does not depend on the camera perspective you are using.
Races with a gap of 1 to 2 metres from one car to the other are impossible at the moment. That may depend on Network, but the other cars are jumping from left to right, dumping into the track sometimes.
Even with a high ping this has to be fixed. Maybe it helps, if the "high-pinged" player gets "invisible" for others, so nobody hurts eachother. Just an idea...

azynkron
13-05-2015, 19:46
Some I found:
- start is buggy and lagged, some start at green, some earlier, some later. Happens all the time in rolling starts.
- before rolling start, cars are crashing, not keeping distance.
- penalty for jumpstart if someone pushes you from behind.

I think all of these are sort of connected. Just finished a race on SPA where I got a drive through because someone bumped me before green.
The perp's car is jumping all over the place before start. Bumping into other cars e t c. Then he causes a big pile up since he can jumps start the lights.

I saved it, so if you want it I can record it and upload.

edwald
18-05-2015, 09:35
Mulitplayersessions with more then 15 Player are mostly hard to play. Very much Glitching and Cars jumping and bouncing arround.

Some other Bugs like no Joining to any servers or the locked "Drive" button seemed to be fixed. Very fine.

Dingeling
18-05-2015, 16:29
This thread has a general title so I'm adding the bugs I find here ..although the first thread only consists of a few ..

Im MP sessions if you come/join into a Q session late via >"join in progress" sometimes you cant race =drive button is locked /grey , this was with 5 min or less remaining might be a feature so you cant come in late and ruin other players laps ? but I don't think so .. once it changes to RACE its ok ..

also when this happens it seems to LOCK your view , I was stuck in bumper cam until next session , If you stay on the server for the next round you can now drive as its not grey/locked any more and the views are free to change again !

this was a server with only Q and R no practice session ..

Thanks !

My conclusion are the same!!!

I noticed in another online session, that the number of players in the lobby was somehow very strange. Showing sometimes 18-25 players. (Playing on the Ps4). After the Quali I had this weird feeling, that something was going terribly wrong. And thna it happened. Qualifying endet and I got kicked with it. Had this issue 4-5 Times. I dont know if a lobby gets broken after the 10th hoster gets changed. Its the same with the few Lobbys I cant enter. These are always changing the hoster. Maybe related??

ahmad0420
18-05-2015, 16:36
Watch this. The cone seems to have imaginary foundation that's stronger than that of a building.

https://youtu.be/e3Nh5aJ5Nm4