PDA

View Full Version : Free camera?

Keeno94
08-05-2015, 23:49
I've seen that there is a free camera option available to players of the PC version of the game where they can position the camera literally anywhere and race from that view. I think the shortcut is Ctrl+K. Just wondering if there is a free camera option available to console versions of the game and if anybody has used this yet

baronesbc
09-05-2015, 08:07
I've seen that there is a free camera option available to players of the PC version of the game where they can position the camera literally anywhere and race from that view. I think the shortcut is Ctrl+K. Just wondering if there is a free camera option available to console versions of the game and if anybody has used this yet
I'm also interested, but for the PC version.
how we can activate the free cam in the replay? in this video for example there are a lot of different framings:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQDn_q5Jbu4

Keeno94
11-05-2015, 19:45
Anybody got any answers to this yet? Really keen to know if the free camera is available on console versions too

Matthijs035
11-05-2015, 20:32
Anyone knows how to access this free cam mode ? dying to know..... :)

Siberian Tiger
11-05-2015, 20:36
The Freecam Mode is not longer supported in the Retail Game...
No Quality Controll would alow such an Feature.

Why?

Because you can go to Places that never where designed to go there...

It can lead into many Bugs...

Fazer93
11-05-2015, 20:40
Yeah we need this option FreeCam,its usefull tool,the Devs Teams need to make this features a priority!

Siberian Tiger
11-05-2015, 20:42
It's surely not a Priority thing, first other things needs to be fixed...

On Console Sony/Microsoft would never alow such an Feature...

A return to PC is eventually possible, but as i said surely not Priority...

Matthijs035
11-05-2015, 20:53
Hmm.....to bad, i really find the current replay options in PC minimal, compared for example with the more extensive options in Assetto Corsa. I love the static camera positions!

Check for example the cam positions @ Imola : Great to watch !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_e2rrMKKyY

Would certainly like to have some free cam or static cams options in the future in project cars..... Hope en wait....

Keeno94
11-05-2015, 21:25
Thanks for the replys even though it's disappointing it's not in the game. Also wondering if the seat position can be changed in any camera using the D-Pad or is this just whilst you're in cockpit cam? I've seen settings where you can use the D-Pad to move the seat forward, backwards, up and down

sagedavid
31-07-2015, 15:05
I just want to install the release version without the patch, but I can't manage to do it...
Should I download the pirated version of pCARS?

Regards

sagedavid
31-07-2015, 15:27
Somebody can share an old build I can install off-line, or something like this?
I REALLY NEED the free-cam to make my videos... Simple as that.

Onikami
31-07-2015, 15:31
Its a good Idea to have a free cam even if its bounded to the car in replay mode. Because we can do more dynamic videos with that. I myself find it hard to get a good capture in putting it in a video im editing.

Fanatest
31-07-2015, 15:42

Why?

At the very least they could free the cockpit cam to allow for better views.

Roger Prynne
31-07-2015, 15:51
I just want to install the release version without the patch, but I can't manage to do it...
Should I download the pirated version of pCARS?

Regards
Of course your not serious.

At the very least they could free the cockpit cam to allow for better views.
You can still use the Ctrl + K and WASD plus the Num Pad keys to pivot it up and down etc, only when driving though.

sagedavid
31-07-2015, 17:01

No... I'll have to find someone with the last build on his PC
I need an exterior view, not linked to the car to make some video... and I think I'll have to found a way or another to do it...
If I want a view "from the sky" with the system we have now, it will move with the car... Maybe I can try a really, really, really far POV, but I assume it will take me 3 hours to reach the point I want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1ulHvQUF14

Do you know JonZ had to stay off-line with his last build to do his latest trailers? I don't think it helps people promoting pCARS ... :(

If the "new" system we've got now allow us to go through the cars and the scenery, I just can't understand WHY the old system can't be used (even if it's only on PC)

Scuderia Paul
31-07-2015, 17:31
A free camera for Photo Mode is needed though.

sagedavid
31-07-2015, 17:45
A free camera for Photo Mode is needed though.
I must confess I don't understand the necessity of the "old" free-cam for a picture, because the car doesn't move, so, the new system should be ok for photography, no?!
Doing videos, it's not the same: your referential can be the scenery or the car, because the car is moving... but, for the moment, we're linked to the car.

Fanatest
01-08-2015, 00:08

You can still use the Ctrl + K and WASD plus the Num Pad keys to pivot it up and down etc, only when driving though.

Yea, but I was thinking parity and bringing that to consoles as it can make/break a view ;)

CPU M Rossi
01-08-2015, 02:07

Why?

then you limit where the freecam can go, Forza's photo mode camera seems to be in a invisible box where you can only go so high & so far from the car in photo mode and you can't go outside of the track barriers.

lacslyer
01-08-2015, 02:47

I was about to comment stating this. I personally use the freecam to place the cockpit cam a bit higher than normally possible using Ctrl+K to more accurately place it for my rig setup.

danowat
01-08-2015, 05:52
Lack of free cam on consoles , and the lack of being able to enter photomode from a replay, makes the photomode pretty much defunct

Scuderia Paul
01-08-2015, 06:52
Photo Mode needs a thorough reworking as it feels like an afterthought in it's current state. This is a real shame as the game looks great and not being able to capture it properly is unfortunate. DriveClub has a really good tool set and could be a template to use for a new version.

gelfie
01-08-2015, 08:17
Photomode and replays in general feel like a bit of an afterthought. Only being able to view a full length replay after a race and not in a practice or time trial session, and the fact that replays are jerky and camera changes are poorly put together. Also areas of tracks with no external camera coverage (where the replay switches to the cockpit view temporarily)

Navigation via the "VCR" like control in 15 second increments is clumsy too.

I'd love to see this fixed. But its pretty low down on my list of priorities.

sagedavid
01-08-2015, 09:55
Several comments we made since the beginning of the project (but, it wasn't a problem with the "old" free-cam):

1- The new free-cam doesn't allow a smooth rotation around the car (there's always a "zoom in-out and up-down" movement when you are on the back of the car)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0d6VlgZ-Lw&feature=youtu.be

2- You can't change the rotation/translation speed (what we were able to do with the "old" one, using "Q" and "E", and the CAPS key for a great increase of speed)

3- There's the odd "zoom in-out" thing when running under a structure, that doesn't allow us filming far away for the car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRT2ecgufGQ&feature=youtu.be

Many reasons thus complicate its use: we do not complain without reason.

maurice-pascale
01-08-2015, 10:05
I wish for a much better zoom when you do a picture of your car with the free cam....for me the photo mode is not very good, i cant zoom to all the details at the cars.....would be great to have a better zoo in the future, for now the photo mode is boring and i almost never use it

Fanatest
01-08-2015, 14:13
I was about to comment stating this. I personally use the freecam to place the cockpit cam a bit higher than normally possible using Ctrl+K to more accurately place it for my rig setup.

Yea, however I play on all 3 platforms and would like that option on my console too, that was the point ;)