PDA

View Full Version : changing and saving gear shift buttons on xbox controller??

FormerFaun
09-05-2015, 00:06
Hi guys,

I have been trying to change the gear shift button location on xbox one controller in "control scheme, motion" so that B & A are the shift buttons. Once i have changed those i try to back out to save the settings but it has a pop up saying "not all required controls are assigned. Please assign these before continuing"

So i change the previous shift buttons LB and RB to clutch and handbrake but i still get the same pop up. When i look at the image of the controller all buttons are assigned.

So what am i doing wrong here?

thanks for any help ;)

Chokapic
09-05-2015, 00:18
From memory, you have to assign KERS and DRS!

FormerFaun
09-05-2015, 00:47
From memory, you have to assign KERS and DRS!

Thanks for your input Chokapic but i just tried it and it still says "not all required controls are assigned"

Playing in auto mode sucks and trying to shift with LB and RB in manual mode while trying to modulate throttle and brake in a buggy release is difficult at best.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Scav3nger
09-05-2015, 03:04
Thanks for your input Chokapic but i just tried it and it still says "not all required controls are assigned"

Playing in auto mode sucks and trying to shift with LB and RB in manual mode while trying to modulate throttle and brake in a buggy release is difficult at best.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Also needed to assign handbrake, once I did that it stopped popping up.

Marcusfranklin
09-05-2015, 03:35
iv been trying to do the same put y and x as my gear shifts,i have worked out how to do it you have to go into your profile in the top right hand corner then click down to options then it takes you back to the game it has worked for me

FormerFaun
09-05-2015, 07:03
iv been trying to do the same put y and x as my gear shifts,i have worked out how to do it you have to go into your profile in the top right hand corner then click down to options then it takes you back to the game it has worked for me

Thankyou Marcus, your answer got the money today!!! I have now shifted my gear selector.

Now I just have to wait for SMS patches....:)