PDA

View Full Version : GT3RS V2 FFB problems

redefine
09-05-2015, 00:48
I am having a problem with my FFB where the centering force from the main menu sticks around when I go into a session. I can feel a little bit of the normal driving forces through the centering force, but it overpowers pretty much everything. It will work fine for a single session or two, then messes up. I am able to Alt-Tab to the desktop, and then go back into the game and it will work for that session, but that tends to cause issues of its own. I have tried a few different USB ports, and the problem keeps coming back. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PC specs:
Windows 7
Intel i5 650
8g RAM
GTX 760

GTsimms
09-05-2015, 01:35
These are the settings that I am testing atm with the BMW M3 GT at Nordschleife with Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2. In game adjust as here .09 on Deadzone Removal Range in game (edit and ingame ffb 95-100.) Wheel Sen OFF, FF 30-40, Sho 100, dri off, Abs 70, Lin 0, dEA 0, SPr off, dPr off. The standard Fanatec profiler settings. I have still been testing and it seems really good. (edit tire force to 95, another option with ffb is almost reversing the ingame ffb to 45-50 and setting the Fanatec FFB to 90 on the wheel)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22609-Fanatec-Porsche-911-GT3-RS-V2-Settings-(fixed)

redefine
09-05-2015, 01:53
These are the settings that I am testing atm with the BMW M3 GT at Nordschleife with Fanatec GT3 RS. In game adjust as here .09 on Deadzone Removal Range in game. Wheel Sen OFF, FF 40, Sho 100, dri off, Abs 70, Lin 0, dEA 0, SPr off, dPr off. The standard Fanatec profiler settings.

Ill try to play with the settings a bit more, but the few things I played with didn't seem to make a difference. It feels like the centering force that is present in the main menu is not going away when i go into a race session. Some sessions will let the wheel go limp when i get into the session, but most of the time it is stiff and wants to stay at center.

GTsimms
09-05-2015, 02:41
Ill try to play with the settings a bit more, but the few things I played with didn't seem to make a difference. It feels like the centering force that is present in the main menu is not going away when i go into a race session. Some sessions will let the wheel go limp when i get into the session, but most of the time it is stiff and wants to stay at center.

Update set tire force to 95

redefine
09-05-2015, 17:35
FFB settings do not make a bit of a difference. I can take the overall FFB slider in the configuration tab from 100 to 40 and not feel a difference in my problem. When I am in a session, I can be at a dead stop, turn the wheel all the way to one side, and it will recenter itself when i let go.

schigara
09-05-2015, 17:42
On the settings on the wheel, is spr set to off?

redefine
09-05-2015, 17:54
It is at 0. It doesn't do it all the time, I can make it go away by alt-tabbing back to desktop, then back to game. Although, this usually ends up with my screen going black while driving.

Sankyo
09-05-2015, 18:17
It is at 0. It doesn't do it all the time, I can make it go away by alt-tabbing back to desktop, then back to game. Although, this usually ends up with my screen going black while driving.

So your SPr settingon your wheel is set to 0, is that the lowest value? I remember that some Fanatec wheel had SPr go to negative values and then OFF. What firmware are you running?

redefine
09-05-2015, 18:27
SPr goes from -3 to +3, no off. The problem is lessened when i go to -3, but it is definitely still there.

Im on an older firmware and drivers, the program kept getting errors the last time i tried to update. The wheel works fine for every other sim I have, so I gave up since I didn't want to mess up the wheel. Im going to try to update it again later today, and ill post back. Thats the only thing I can think of now. If there was a way to disable the wheel menu controls and centering force in the menus i could possibly get around my issue, but I haven't found a way to.

schigara
09-05-2015, 18:28
My GT3RSv2 SPR has OFF and -4... -3... -2 ...-1... 0 ..1 ..2 ..3 ..4

Driver 205 beta
Firmware 756

Maegic
21-05-2015, 20:45
It will work fine for a single session or two, then messes up. I am able to Alt-Tab to the desktop, and then go back into the game and it will work for that session, but that tends to cause issues of its own.

I have the exact same problem with the 'Fanatec Porsche Carrera Wheel'. Sometimes I can fix it by going into the wheel settings (on the wheel) and set 'spr' and 'dpr' to 3 and then go back to 0. But it's annoying as hell.
After reading some problems with Logitech wheels that sound similar, and my wheel working perfect in DIRT and AC, I strongly believe it's the fault of PCars. When it happens it's always after the game takes control of your car (or you go in the menues), then the wheel gets super stiff. Sometimes it stays stiff after you get the control again, not always though.

Edit: It happen's with the following combinations of driver and firmware:

1. Driver 115, FW 681
2. Driver 205, FW 681

I run 2 now in all my games although it's not officially supported, but with 1 the buttons are all over the place in games. But like said before, it happens with both cominations.

schigara
26-05-2015, 06:31
Redefine, I fixed the same problem with my GT3RSv2 with the "Deadzone Removal Falloff" slider which is directly below "Deadzone Removal Range". The default setting for Deadzone Removal Falloff was .01 and I set it all the way to the right at .10 and the centering spring feeling is totally gone.

This should work for you as well as any other GT3RSv2 owners.