PDA

View Full Version : Question

CyberOps
09-05-2015, 02:32
Hey all, just a simple question. what do I have to turn off for the sun to not blind me? , Already turned sun Flares off but is there any other setting I can turn off to make the sun less blinding ???
I wish the settings would explain what every setting is for and what it does, even if it's a simple short explanation

Morgan Henstridge
09-05-2015, 02:34
Hi CyberOps, I believe this may be the one you are after....

Settings > Visuals > Crespecular Rays

CyberOps
09-05-2015, 02:42
Hi CyberOps, I believe this may be the one you are after....

Settings > Visuals > Crespecular Rays

I think I already got that one turned off too but will check to make sure.

Morgan Henstridge
09-05-2015, 02:49
Maybe take a screenshot to point out exactly which bit you are referring to if its not the Rays.

Aldo Zampatti
09-05-2015, 02:58
It will still blind you a little bit... Blame Real Life :)

Morgan Henstridge
09-05-2015, 03:05
If it is just the actual Sun object and not the fancy effects, you may want to set the Time to MidDay so it is directly overhead and not in your eyeline.

I can tell you it is amazing in the Oculus Rift as when you get the sun in your eyes, you can actually move your head in the cockpit, just like a real car, until the sunlight is obscured by the roof or A pillar :)

Aldo Zampatti
09-05-2015, 03:12
If it is just the actual Sun object and not the fancy effects, you may want to set the Time to MidDay so it is directly overhead and not in your eyeline.

I can tell you it is amazing in the Oculus Rift as when you get the sun in your eyes, you can actually move your head in the cockpit, just like a real car, until the sunlight is obscured by the roof or A pillar :)

That thing will blind you for real and you tend to put your hand before your eyes... Never looked so stupid in my life :D