PDA

View Full Version : simulating races

theredshore
09-05-2015, 02:57
sorry this may be a stupid question but what is the point of it? i will maybe use it so often but i dont know if it has a point or not or if it changes anything, has anyone had experiences with simulating races? i like the fact that you can do this though

Joethe147
09-05-2015, 04:08
Yeah I don't entirely get it either. I guess it means you can do a race as you but with the computer driving if you don't want to drive now and then.

hkraft300
09-05-2015, 04:15
Maybe if you have to leave half way through a race? Or just can't be bothered with the grind of a particular race series or vehicle you've chosen...
Like the "B-spec" races of Gran Turismo 5/6I guess.

Martin03
09-05-2015, 04:16
Good for Le Mans 24hour?...

theredshore
09-05-2015, 04:20
its odd i am doing the shortest version of Le Mans but with the AI but if i started the race on my own it would not let me use this feature, but i can select it at the start of the race, my AI is actually doing quite poorly so i am not sure what your AI's skill level is meant to be compared to the other AI

when you pit it has an option of switching drivers, i dont know if that has anything to do with this feature either

theredshore
09-05-2015, 17:53
i am up to driving some garbage lotus turbo which pretty much spins if you get with 20 KM of the accelerator and i am not going to touch that thing with a 21 km pole, is there some way i can help my driver for the races? for example tuning the car, also sometimes i can simulate other times i cant, does anyone have a clue why that is the case? all those races i do not want to do

theredshore
10-05-2015, 09:20
sorry i hate to bump this thread but does anyone know how it works? i really want to avoid driving this car because its simply as fun as dental surgery and i am wondering what i should be doing so i can avoid driving it as much as possible

Mahjik
10-05-2015, 15:18
It's mainly for those series which have two races within the same weekend. No everyone may want to do both races so you can simulate one of them and race the other youself. It can also be used for players that just hate a specific track within their career. The idea was to not force the player to necessarily have to drive every career race if they don't want to...

theredshore
10-05-2015, 15:22
It's mainly for those series which have two races within the same weekend. No everyone may want to do both races so you can simulate one of them and race the other youself. It can also be used for players that just hate a specific track within their career. The idea was to not force the player to necessarily have to drive every career race if they don't want to...
thank you very much, i think its a great idea i was just getting confused about how to use it, i am really not enjoying the lotus races so i am thinking i might just re start my career i know that sounds a bit extreme but i really love playing this game, if i have to repeat some of it then i am just playing part of the game i love again, i remember GT4 had a similar thing which you could use every race, and i practically used it every race so i am glad its not something which you can use all the time but then again i never enjoyed GT4 and i enjoy this very much

thank you again