PDA

View Full Version : Engine audio dropouts between gear shifts...

MaXKiLLz
09-05-2015, 03:01
Any plan on fixing the issue with the engine sound cutting out momentarily each time you shift gears? I'm really surprised this made it all the way to release without being fixed. Especially when some of the programmers worked on GTR and GTR2, which had exceptional engine sounds. :confused:

Morgan Henstridge
09-05-2015, 03:02
Hi MaXKiLLz, which platform are you on??

Also is this all cars for you or any in specific???

Umer Ahmad
09-05-2015, 03:03
one of the WMD members noticed it goes away if you turn OFF Auto-Clutch.

MaXKiLLz
09-05-2015, 03:05
I am on PC. I haven't driven every car, but the few I have are having this audio issue. This was mentioned in a review I read a few days ago. I'll try to find it.

MaXKiLLz
09-05-2015, 03:06
one of the WMD members noticed it goes away if you turn OFF Auto-Clutch.

I'll give it a try, but I'm using the paddles on my G27. Will I have to press the clutch for each paddle shift?

Morgan Henstridge
09-05-2015, 03:08
I'll give it a try, but I'm using the paddles on my G27. Will I have to press the clutch for each paddle shift?

You may just need the clutch to get going in some (H pattern) cars.

try something like the McLaren P1 as I believe it will not stall without Auto Clutch as the real car doesn't have a clutch pedal.

DRiVEandRiDE TV
09-05-2015, 04:07
Any plan on fixing the issue with the engine sound cutting out momentarily each time you shift gears? I'm really surprised this made it all the way to release without being fixed. Especially when some of the programmers worked on GTR and GTR2, which had exceptional engine sounds. :confused:

I'm on Xbox One and have come across this issue. When the gearbox was set to auto, it was fine. I tried switching to manual with clutch, but couldn't get the hang of things, so I just went to manual with auto-clutch for the time being, which is when the audio started cutting in between gears. This was in the 1990s BMWs. Can't remember the exact model. ;)

MaXKiLLz
09-05-2015, 04:17
Just got done driving the Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3 at Imola with manual clutch. The gear changes sounded awful, with the audio gaps. Very lifeless. Here's an example of what it should sound like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdNIyrJ_2KA Hopefully the community will fix some of these poor engine sounds.