PDA

View Full Version : Micro-adjust sliders in tuning and settings

Scav3nger
09-05-2015, 03:03
Not sure if there is something I'm missing, but on the sliders for tuning and in the settings menus you can't micro-adjust any of the settings, they jump in stages (most of the time it's in 5 or .5 stages).

In areas like Suspension and Fuel they are fine (restrictor settings jumps in 5's though), but in gearing you can't set ratios, they just jump to the same setting as the previous or the next gear. Makes it kind of hard to do any tuning. In the settings menus the controller configuration options jump in 5's as well, some configurations posted in the controller help thread suggest a setting other than one rounded by 5's.

kaa0s
15-05-2015, 00:34
Really hope this gets fixed soon on all sliders. Can't do any serious customization before that happens..

Scav3nger
18-05-2015, 13:52
Just want to bump this up, tuning is kind of important for shaving those tenths off lap times and right now I feel like I can't do much in the way of tuning with the menus the way they are.

JessicaWalter
18-05-2015, 13:58
i agree.

sidenote: i keep seeing console settings that have things like "steering deadzone: 6" or something like that and i don't have a clue how to get a 6, or anything other than 5, 10, etc. mode 3 starts w steer deadzone at 3 but once you change it to 0 youre stuck on the 5 increment scale again. (it only moves by 5 when its on 3 but its offset by the initial 3 so 3, 8, 13, etc)

Raven403
18-05-2015, 14:08
There are multiple threads on this yeah. Its def. a pain. they are pretty much useless on Xbox.

Scav3nger
18-05-2015, 14:09
I think Forza 5 gets it right in that regard, the longer you hold down the d-pad or the thumbstick the greater the jump starts to become. Then once you're in the area you want to be in you stop it and then fine tune the setting. If we can get our menu sliders to perform the same way I think it'll be mega and solve a lot of problems with the sliders in the game.

I've also noticed that the time progression slider is bugged. When you start from the left it has OFF, 2x, 10x, 20x, 30x; but when you start from the right it has a different set that ends up looking like Real Time, 5x, 15x, 25x, 35x). Weather also does not have a "Sync to Race" option in multiplayer? Not sure if this one is a bug or the feature just doesn't exist for multiplayer though.

HEF51
18-05-2015, 17:30
I think Forza 5 gets it right in that regard, the longer you hold down the d-pad or the thumbstick the greater the jump starts to become. Then once you're in the area you want to be in you stop it and then fine tune the setting. If we can get our menu sliders to perform the same way I think it'll be mega and solve a lot of problems with the sliders in the game.

I've also noticed that the time progression slider is bugged. When you start from the left it has OFF, 2x, 10x, 20x, 30x; but when you start from the right it has a different set that ends up looking like Real Time, 5x, 15x, 25x, 35x). Weather also does not have a "Sync to Race" option in multiplayer? Not sure if this one is a bug or the feature just doesn't exist for multiplayer though.

There are tons of these little nagging bugs on X1 and it gets quite annoying. You can tell that that the sliders are jacked up. For AI you can only move it ten at a time (70, 80, 90) and that also goes for things like audio settings that only move ten at a time also. It seems that sliders are just one more thing that they didn't test.

Scav3nger
19-05-2015, 00:43
There are tons of these little nagging bugs on X1 and it gets quite annoying.

I haven't even been playing the PC version because of the gameplay of the Xbox version right now. The two play so different at the moment I have to relearn how to drive the cars every time I switch games.

Outlier
19-05-2015, 21:36
wow - I didn't think this was a bug, I thought this was how it was designed. But most of my sliders move in stages as well and i'm also not able to copy the controller settings of others. I can only get sort of close. I figured this was a difference of xbox and PC. But noticed for things like downforce, my front DF on my GT3 car is about halfway up. If I want to add any front DF - it goes all the way to maximum. I didn't know this was a bug. I thought it was done in this large increment on purpose (which I was not crazy about)

I hope this gets patched down the road.

***edit - i just read a post from Ian indicating the sliders increments were designed this way so seemingly not a bug. Others have speculated that perhaps this is more accurate as the level of micro adjustments are not necessarily available in real life. (on the PC someone stated that you can make micro adjustments but the input level doesn't actually change until you reach the next increment - I can't confirm this)

turbohondaej1
19-05-2015, 21:55
wow - I didn't think this was a bug, I thought this was how it was designed. But most of my sliders move in stages as well and i'm also not able to copy the controller settings of others. I can only get sort of close. I figured this was a difference of xbox and PC. But noticed for things like downforce, my front DF on my GT3 car is about halfway up. If I want to add any front DF - it goes all the way to maximum. I didn't know this was a bug. I thought it was done in this large increment on purpose (which I was not crazy about)

I hope this gets patched down the road.

***edit - i just read a post from Ian indicating the sliders increments were designed this way so seemingly not a bug. Others have speculated that perhaps this is more accurate as the level of micro adjustments are not necessarily available in real life. (on the PC someone stated that you can make micro adjustments but the input level doesn't actually change until you reach the next increment - I can't confirm this)

There is no way that is the case with transmission settings.

Doug914
19-05-2015, 22:49
Your edit on what Ian has said in the other thread is pretty much correct. While there are definitely some slider problems on the xB1 (most notably the AI strength), the bulk of the setup steps are intended and realistic this way. Real teams and racers don't have micro choices usually. For the gearing alot of the cars just don't have many, or no, gearing options in reality.Sometimes just the final drive.. Sometimes it's limited by the rules. We set it up to mirror as close as we could to real life. That being said the UI boys have been looking at the slider issues that are confirmed on this platform.

wearymick
19-05-2015, 22:53
But it would still be nice to have the available increments consistent across all platforms. :)

turbohondaej1
19-05-2015, 22:56
Your edit on what Ian has said in the other thread is pretty much correct. While there are definitely some slider problems on the xB1 (most notably the AI strength), the bulk of the setup steps are intended and realistic this way. Real teams and racers don't have micro choices usually. For the gearing alot of the cars just don't have many, or no, gearing options in reality.Sometimes just the final drive.. Sometimes it's limited by the rules. We set it up to mirror as close as we could to real life. That being said the UI boys have been looking at the slider issues that are confirmed on this platform.

Thanks for your reply I understand that in many cases they don't have them but also they don't drive on all the track's this game has to offer. Maybe I'm just use to every game giving me unlimited gear ratio choices. I hope maybe they will consider offering more as time goes on for certain cars. Hopefully updates improve some that I'm having issues with after reading another thread they seem to fix a few for the pc version I haven't been on my pc version in awhile do to the amd drivers so I may look at that and compare.

Ixoye56
19-05-2015, 23:16

Please keep it as realistic as possible, otherwise people start to ask for engine swaps ;)

Raven403
19-05-2015, 23:21

Thanks for the reply! I think a lot of the confusion stems from the fact that the sliders are the same for everything, but the tuning options obviously vary. If the slider made it clear that the car your tuning has specific sets it would avoid that in the future. Something to look into maybe? Anyway now that you explained it, it makes sense. thanks

Scav3nger
20-05-2015, 01:09

Okay so perhaps fix that by locking the ability to tune things like GT3 gearing if we're not allowed to modify them, as per IRL regulations. I assume that's also the reason some aero packages have different ranges on front/rear, to comply with regulations?