PDA

View Full Version : Drifting General

Evad
09-05-2015, 03:10
Every now and then I like to drift. Most racing games and racing sims support this. I am currently having an issue though, no e-brake for most cars.
Would it be possible to in the future add an e-brake to all cars or have the option to turn it off and on?

I mean come on, beautiful game awesome physics but only supports racing and no other variables which kind of makes me sad in the pants.
Anyway, if anyone has any tuning solutions to different cars to make em drift nicely while using the momentum figure left me know.

Cheers.

JonZ
09-05-2015, 03:18
The game is aimed for realism. That's mean the most cars aren't tuned for drifting. You may have more success with few ones and less with others. Depends of the car and your tuning. Check out for Alex Hobbs, he has practiced long enough during development to excel into drifting with the cars we have and make crazy stunts. You might be surprised that some of the car that aren't driftable are able to with few maneuver techniques.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT4xdphZ78c

wykydtronik
09-05-2015, 04:29
I would love to see more options built into the pCARS to make even a stock M series slidable... Currently when most cars go full lock, you lose wheel speed and scrub all your speed. :(

NZVKHLDN
14-07-2015, 07:25
I drift five tracks like this lap after lap no stopping, T80 wheel easy setup . https://youtu.be/zSHBzIOL-9w. I'm always looking for other drifters

colinshark
19-07-2015, 23:40
I still have trouble handling basic oversteer in pCars.

All the cars have minimal steering control as the rear breaks loose, and then snap over really hard when the car hooks up, causing a spin out in the opposite direction. It's worse than in other racing games, and in real life.

The game seems a bit "off" once the rear breaks loose, in general. If I'm actually racing for times, and the rear breaks, it's usually a lost cause.

There is also a weird effect where the cars cannot shift up a gear while spinning the tires. These are all high power cars. They should be able to keep the wheels spinning as they shift up gears.

I know it's not a "drift" game, but the physics should be able to simulate this.

These are my feelings.

aerchak
20-07-2015, 03:12
You can get the ass out on the FA with prime tires without much trouble. Honestly just about anything rear drive can be slid without too much effort. Just gotta counter-steer, which is hard to get the hang of. I can honestly say it takes practice, and that's about as good as I can do in explaining.

It helps having a good FFB setup, like the ones described in the Jack Spade thread. If you're one a gamepad or a non-FFB wheel, it's probably not happening, man.

TrevorAustin
20-07-2015, 04:23
You can get the ass out on the FA with prime tires without much trouble. Honestly just about anything rear drive can be slid without too much effort. Just gotta counter-steer, which is hard to get the hang of. I can honestly say it takes practice, and that's about as good as I can do in explaining.

It helps having a good FFB setup, like the ones described in the Jack Spade thread. If you're one a gamepad or a non-FFB wheel, it's probably not happening, man.

Vids of you drifting an fa then please?

aerchak
20-07-2015, 04:36
I didn't say I could do it consistently, or well for that matter. I said it can be done. OP said he wants handbrake because getting the ass out is the hard part. Using harder tires it becomes less difficult.

If you're getting along smoothly in the FA without occasionally having to liberally countersteer and feather the throttle, you're doing better than I am.

Saying it's easy to get oversteer out of rear drive cars is not the same as saying I can drive like Ken Block in pCars. That being said, I've taken the druid's bend at Brands sideways more than a handful of times.