PDA

View Full Version : Not beeing able to choose cars during an online session (missing feature)

Melony
09-05-2015, 03:13
As far as I know you can't choose or change car after the online game started. You can't go into the pit box and change it, neither you can go back to the lobby. You have to leave and make a new lobby to select your car again.

I played with my mate today trying out new cars every 5-10mins. Well you can imagine it was quite annoying making a new lobby all the time.

Im really like the game so far but that was a huge dissappointment. So many features and options in the game but that is missing...

Was that never a thing in the beta? It could be easily patched in I guess.

Gertjan Arlar
09-05-2015, 07:09
You can change the car see here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22138-It-is-already-possible-change-class-in-lobby&p=886132&viewfull=1#post886132). Have fun trying all the cars and tracks.

Melony
09-05-2015, 08:41
You can change the car see here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22138-It-is-already-possible-change-class-in-lobby&p=886132&viewfull=1#post886132). Have fun trying all the cars and tracks.

yea you can change cars in the lobby and can you choose what you want. But I want to be ingame driving and then change car, is that possible?

Lets say I choose all cars in the lobby, I take one, start the game, 5mins later after driving I want another car while still beeing ingame driving on the track.
What do I do then? Leave and make a new Lobby again?

Kobus Maree
09-05-2015, 10:00
I do not believe there is a way to change the car mid session.

Melony
09-05-2015, 10:08
I do not believe there is a way to change the car mid session.

This is kinda sad for people who just want to try cars with their friends since you have to restart the whole session all over again, you cant even go back to lobby somehow.

Iceman07
09-05-2015, 10:15
You can create a join in progress session, at least on pc. So just leave the session and choose an other car. Then join in again. Changing the car while on track is not possible.

Melony
09-05-2015, 10:28
You can create a join in progress session, at least on pc. So just leave the session and choose an other car. Then join in again. Changing the car while on track is not possible.

What if Im the host and want a new car. I dont want to give the host to someone else when I leave, so I guess I have no other choice to make a new lobby then?
Thanks for the answer guys btw.

Iceman07
09-05-2015, 10:32
I don't know to be honest. But I contacted someone who should know it for you.

Elmo
09-05-2015, 10:35
What if Im the host and want a new car. I dont want to give the host to someone else when I leave, so I guess I have no other choice to make a new lobby then?
Thanks for the answer guys btw.

Yes, if you are the host and you want to change the car, you have to pass on the hosting. Otherwise the others would be "host-less" while you change cars.

Melony
09-05-2015, 10:39
Yes, if you are the host and you want to change the car, you have to pass on the hosting. Otherwise the others would be "host-less" while you change cars.

Yea it makes sense. Too bad, I thought there would be an option. Doesnt matter so much.