PDA

View Full Version : PC: Fanatec Clubsport Clutch calibration issue (starts in the middle)

DrestonF1
09-05-2015, 03:16
Greetings,
I have searched high and low and cannot figure this one out if it is in-game calibration or something physical with the pedals themselves. However, know that this exact same issue happened on PC/Assetto Corsa but did not happen back in the days of PS3/GT or XBox360/Forza.

Gear: Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo with Clubsport V1 pedals (and Clubsport H-shifter), playing on PC/Project Cars.

Issue: The clutch sits at rest but in game it shows at half way engaged. As I depress the clutch pedal, it will behave as such:
0% pedal depress = 50% clutch engage (in-game)
25% pedal depress = 100% clutch engage (in-game)
50% pedal depress = 0% clutch engage (in-game)
75% pedal depress = 25% clutch engage (in-game)
100% pedal depress = 50% clutch engage (in-game)

Something along those lines. I can recalibrate the pedals in game as many times as I want and it will always start out with the clutch engaged half way when I try to race. What makes it worse is that even if I select full automatic shifting in Project Cars, it will still have a half-way engaged clutch. Not that I would ever want to race full auto anyway, but just an interesting note.

What I've Done So Far: I YouTubed a bunch of Clubsport videos and searched Fanatec's support site. I found the small screw on the back of the pedal and ensured it was tight - it was. I tightened the screws on the tiny circuit board found on the side of the clutch. I took off the wire and checked the plastic connector and prongs and everything looks nice and clean.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It is painful to have waited all this time for this game and not be able to enjoy it.
Thanks.

Morgan Henstridge
09-05-2015, 03:21
Hi DrestonF1, that is strange.

In the Windows Game controllers panel, does the pedal respond as expected or does it follow the same behaviour as above.

As this is happening in both Assetto Corsa and Project CARS, it is likely to be a Windows/driver issue or a hardware issue.

Aldo Zampatti
09-05-2015, 05:43
I get that in G25 if I configure them as COMBINED PEDAL, You'll want separate pedals. Check first what morgan suggested and let us know!

DrestonF1
09-05-2015, 08:03
In the Windows Game controllers panel, does the pedal respond as expected or does it follow the same behaviour as above.

As this is happening in both Assetto Corsa and Project CARS, it is likely to be a Windows/driver issue or a hardware issue.

Well what do you know. All I did was open up the Game Controllers menu, open the Properties for the Porsche Wheel and cycled through each pedal once or twice. Opened up the game and voila! Everything works great now. I don't know if I will have to do this every day but if I do, I won't care. At least I can play.

Thanks so much for the advice!

Morgan Henstridge
09-05-2015, 08:14
Glad to hear it is OK.

See you on the track :)