PDA

View Full Version : PS4 controller issues

SolidWorks
09-05-2015, 03:34
Hi guys, I have been searching and found some tips but many dated back a few years.
I bought the game for PS4, maybe not a smart choice since my PC is decent and I have a wheel n pedals with clutch.

Anyway, with the PS4 original Dualshock controller the car is still after hours of trying out settings all over the place.
Have played car games before on consoles and PC so I am no stranger to car games.
So I wonder if anyone helpful here has a tip ?

For now the lack of controll is ruining the game for me, I should be focusing on the track and not basic controlls.
Btw, I have tried the 1,2,3 settings and advanced and tweaked here and there.

Thanks in advance
Mike

hkraft300
09-05-2015, 03:48
See: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21992-Setting-up-a-gamepad&p=883696&viewfull=1#post883696

and...

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21996-Steering-with-PS4-Controller

There's a dedicated PS4 section of this forum, by the way.

Joethe147
09-05-2015, 04:05
Any car in particular that you're struggling with?

So far I've driven karts, some GT and road cars. It's been fine for me. The karts are particularly tricky but you get used to it and I just put it down to them being tricky rather than anything with the controller.

SolidWorks
09-05-2015, 21:07
Hey guys thanks for your replies. I have checked the links above before my post and still cant find a good solution.
It is no car in particular it's the over all steering that is twitchy regardless of what settings I experiment with.

The car behaves like a Tie Figther in pursuit, sideways movements pretty darn fast. When switching to cockpit view one can
see that the wheel goes to almost full left/right when my left PS4 thumb does not.
I spent hours n hours and cant get this to work really, but I am quite fast at menus in the game now ; )

But really, are we looking forward to a patch or is this the way it is ?

/Mike

hkraft300
09-05-2015, 21:59
When switching to cockpit view one can see that the wheel goes to almost full left/right when my left PS4 thumb does not.

/Mike

A few members have reported having a similar problem with the DS4 and some wheels (on PC too, maybe).

Mine is pretty twitchy too - Got to squeeze in many degrees of wheel movement into so few degrees of stick movement...

Clutch
09-05-2015, 22:19
I use the DS4 program and it works fine with my ps4 controller.

I am running windows 8.1

SolidWorks
09-05-2015, 22:53
Thanks for all input but I will just shelf the game for now, no joy just frustration.

/Mike