PDA

View Full Version : Pit Crew talks through PS4 controller

Dokman100
09-05-2015, 04:49
Pit Crew talks through PS4 controller!!

How can I chance it to TV or Headset. I don't drive white controller only steering wheel.

hunter77
09-05-2015, 06:19
Good luck with that I spent an hour trying to figure that one out yesterday, it would appear there is no way of redirecting it through the headset... Missed that one along with the poor online manual lol

TenthDan
09-05-2015, 06:22
Don't have PS4, but I did see it mentioned that the controller speaker can be disabled and then it comes through the speakers?

Dokman100
09-05-2015, 07:04
Don't have PS4, but I did see it mentioned that the controller speaker can be disabled and then it comes through the speakers?

Oké.

Bud were can I find it.

If it's dont works. I have
Motor sound from the TV
Talking tot poeple on the headset
Pit crew talking to controller.

Thy must update that. It's stuppit

MisterO
09-05-2015, 07:35
Don't have a PS4 either but a friend of mine told me the same story about another PS4-game, don't remember the name of the game. But maybe this can help:
http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/46201/ps4-how-to-output-all-audio-to-headphones-plugged-into-dualshock-4-controller/

pa_pinkelman
09-05-2015, 08:42
Don't have a PS4 either but a friend of mine told me the same story about another PS4-game, don't remember the name of the game. But maybe this can help:
http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/46201/ps4-how-to-output-all-audio-to-headphones-plugged-into-dualshock-4-controller/

Sorry but that only works when you have the headphone connected through you ds4. My headphones are wireless and there is no way I can get the engineer to speak through them.

MisterO
09-05-2015, 09:15
Sorry but that only works when you have the headphone connected through you ds4. My headphones are wireless and there is no way I can get the engineer to speak through them.

Okay, too bad. Sorry that couldn't help you. :(

falm
11-05-2015, 08:29
Same problem here, play with a Headset an can not hear the Pit Crew. Is WMD already aware of the problem?

St4r8ucK
11-05-2015, 08:47
Official PS4 Wireless Headset here (bluetooth dongle connection) : When the headset is connected, the crew chief voice is in the Headeset...

Bigsolo
11-05-2015, 10:22
Same here as I am from the optical output on the PS4 not plugged into the pad. I hate the pit engineer anyway as he talks over the start of the race and I keep going early on the beep as he finished his talk giving me a penalty.

AlpenoStrand
11-05-2015, 10:25
As a workaround I did set my PS4 to switch of the controller after 10min (shortest time selectable). After 10min, when the controller shuts down automatically, the Spoty talks to me thru the speakers.

Inked-Saint
11-05-2015, 14:50
Pit Crew talks through PS4 controller!!

How can I chance it to TV or Headset. I don't drive white controller only steering wheel.

I have the same problem., I don't use a steering wheel, but I do use a Headset. (Turtle Beach Stealth 500p).
It would be nice to hear the crew speak through the headphones. :)

Archiekins
11-05-2015, 15:27
Developers update please (elite8oos)!!!

jason
12-05-2015, 21:36
Same problem here :(

Sebstinator
12-05-2015, 21:49
As a workaround I did set my PS4 to switch of the controller after 10min (shortest time selectable). After 10min, when the controller shuts down automatically, the Spoty talks to me thru the speakers.

won't work for me either.
I use the optical out.

Xterno50
12-05-2015, 22:59
Same here. I have to set the audio settings to 'all chat' and in that way, i lose alot of features from my headset. (astros a50)

Moose_Cdn
13-05-2015, 00:08
Just installed the game and I noticed that issue as well, using a turtlebeach elite 800 wireless. I guess this feature is missing? Hopefully near patch?

Skeme_DBT
13-05-2015, 00:27
Same problem here. I use steering wheel, playstation gold headset, and headset settings set to all sounds(no chat)

JohnSchoonsBeard
03-11-2015, 23:32
This is still a problem. I can't hear the race engineer through my headphones (PS4 source - optical out) or tv/amp when the DS4 controller is on. Any chance of acknowledging this issue please? I don't believe it is tracked as an issue on the known issues thread.

Thanks.

Liquid7394
06-11-2015, 10:45
If you use a wheel then turn off the controller.

notanuva
06-11-2015, 11:48
Hold down the ps button until it takes you to the menu don't just press and let go or you won't get to the menu you need, once at the menu go to Adjust Sound And Devices scroll down to output to headphones change to All Audio , Also turn down the volume for the controller while in the menu.

JohnSchoonsBeard
11-11-2015, 17:48
Hold down the ps button until it takes you to the menu don't just press and let go or you won't get to the menu you need, once at the menu go to Adjust Sound And Devices scroll down to output to headphones change to All Audio , Also turn down the volume for the controller while in the menu.

Unfortunately that is not good enough for those who use 5.1 surround sound processor headphones or av amps as then the game (or the PS4) reverts to lower quality audio. Also it stops headsets that have seperate volume controls for chat and game audio from using those controls. All it needs is for the PS4 version to have an option for the Race engineer and female career voice that introduced each race class to be mixed with the main audio just like they are on the XB1 and PC versions.

JohnSchoonsBeard
11-11-2015, 17:58
If you use a wheel then turn off the controller.

I use a mix of both controller sometimes and wheel other. Anyway, sometimes in turning the DS4 off the voice isn't heard in the headphones but is silent when the engineers text is shown. As I put in the last post all we're asking for is the option for it to never go through the controller.

winston1192
29-12-2015, 03:45
Any one managed to solve this while still keeping the better quality audio

bradleyland
29-12-2015, 17:53
This is way overkill, but I ditched the in-game race engineer altogether. Since the 7.0 patch, the game supports network connected 2nd screen apps. I use Crew Chief (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38922-Crew-Chief-an-alternative-race-engineer-for-console-amp-PC) by mr_belowski. Of course, this is a little bit more difficult for PS4 users, because you need a way to mix audio from multiple sources.

I have all my gear running through an 8-channel mixer, so you're kind of on your own for figuring out a way to get the audio through your own headsets, but man Crew Chief is waaaaay better than the in game engineer.

JohnSchoonsBeard
30-12-2015, 11:39
This is way overkill, but I ditched the in-game race engineer altogether. Since the 7.0 patch, the game supports network connected 2nd screen apps. I use Crew Chief (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38922-Crew-Chief-an-alternative-race-engineer-for-console-amp-PC) by mr_belowski. Of course, this is a little bit more difficult for PS4 users, because you need a way to mix audio from multiple sources.

I have all my gear running through an 8-channel mixer, so you're kind of on your own for figuring out a way to get the audio through your own headsets, but man Crew Chief is waaaaay better than the in game engineer.

It is much more useful. Crew Chief is the best mobile phone/tablet app I've ever used for anything. I have a Turtle Beach PX22 which has a 4 pole jack input which combines in game audio and Crew chief pit into my headset and allows me to use my microphone with PS4 and phone concurrently. It works really well.

Having said that, I'd still like to be able to direct the ingame engineer to use the normal audio stream instead of the DS4 speaker. That will only be possible when an option is added in game.

FS7
31-12-2015, 16:56
I've been complaining about this since I got the game back in June.
Other games have the option in-game to set audio to come either through the DS4 speakers or the TV speakers, it makes no sense for PCars not to have this option, this is a basic option that should be in the game on release. Personally I find audio coming through the DS4 speakers extremely annoying and had to turn engineer speech off.

Podimix
04-02-2016, 20:01
Hey WMD-Guys! This problem should be fixed! Help us and add this option to the sim.

BigAlex
05-02-2016, 12:41
I usually reduce the engineer volume to 0. He is useless and bothers my wife when I am playing through headphones.

mr_belowski
05-02-2016, 12:50
If only there were some kind of alternative race engineer.... ;)

JohnSchoonsBeard
06-02-2016, 14:56
If only there were some kind of alternative race engineer.... ;)

On PC and Android? Mmmmmmm......

AirFlight101
15-02-2016, 10:48
I don't understand why this issue isn't fixed till today. It is listed in the wish and buglists since day one. I think this will be a hot new feature in project cars 2. I never use the DS4 speaker because i allways play with headphones. So i've never heard the engineers voice. So sad! :(

Dr1v3r
22-05-2016, 21:45
If you're playing with wheel you can switch the pad controller off. Then the pit engineers voice will come throught the headphones. Working with me :)

FS7
22-05-2016, 21:59
I don't understand why this issue isn't fixed till today. (
Agreed.
I've asked about this many times but never got a response. Ideally there should be an option to set engineer speech to come through tv speakers instead of DS4 speakers. Other games have this option, it makes no sense for PCars not having this option.
I play with DS4, I turned engineer speech off in-game, I find it really annoying having audio coming through DS4 speakers.

Brett_NZ
12-08-2017, 00:41
Hi I've just got the Crew Chief I can hear him on my phone but can't hear him through my Playstation Headphones. Everything else works but if I can't hear his voice through headset then it's no good.Any ideas be great thanks

lancashirelad
12-08-2017, 02:30
Hi I've just got the Crew Chief I can hear him on my phone but can't hear him through my Playstation Headphones. Everything else works but if I can't hear his voice through headset then it's no good.Any ideas be great thanks

Plug a small set of headphones into your phone and wear inside your headset.

Trans-Girl
12-08-2017, 20:18
Plug a small set of headphones into your phone and wear inside your headset.
that's exactly what i do... works a treat

eh3an2010
04-09-2017, 05:40
This is way overkill, but I ditched the in-game race engineer altogether. Since the 7.0 patch, the game supports network connected 2nd screen apps. I use Crew Chief by mr_belowski. Of course, this is a little bit more difficult for PS4 users, because you need a way to mix audio from multiple sources.