PDA

View Full Version : PS4 steering wheel

bopa06
09-05-2015, 05:37
Am thinking about investing in a steering wheel, however when I'm at the PS4 i sit in a lazy boy rocker and slouch i don't want to sit in any other position so i guess what i want to know is if it is at all possible to buy a steering wheel that can accommodate my sitting position without the need to be mounted on something and me sitting over it. If yes could you give me the names of said wheels. Im not disabled but i am an older gamer with a sore back so my lazy boy is a must

0zzy94
09-05-2015, 06:30
Get a Thrustmaster T80 racing wheel.

Pretty good, nice and cheap, and you can put it on your lap.

Hope that helps.

evanzo7
09-05-2015, 06:51
I personally would avoid a T80, there is no Force Feedback at all and having no FFB to me defeats the purpose of a wheel.

Sadly there isn't any good but cheap wheels on the PS4. T100 is a decent price but the turning ratio on the wheel is awful.
I have a t300 which is a bit more expensive but it does the job, great wheel.

As for your position, most wheels these days need to be mounted on things but I am sure you can get an adjustable stand that would go into such a position to suit you.

bopa06
09-05-2015, 06:52

Hope that helps.

Many thanks

PC49NZ
09-05-2015, 07:22
Here is some good free advice for you.

Get a good wheel and pedals. Sit on a chair with a straight back and play until your back starts hurting then rest. Slouching in a Lazyboy is doing you no good whatsoever.

I know, as I'm severely disabled, have a special wheelchair and are bound to that or bed every day for the past 20 odd years. ( read my profile). I know this is the right way to do it, believe me.

Regards, PC49NZ

slovoflud
09-05-2015, 07:55

Hope that helps.

As someone said above, avoid T80, it's only a bit more enjayable than a controller. Resently I pulled the trigger and bought the T300RS with a Playseat Challenge seat, It's an affordable bundle compared to other setups, but rasing games just skyrocketed in enjoyment department. It's worth every penny. If it broke, I would bought another one in a heartbeat.