PDA

View Full Version : [PC] Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia Issues

Phrkanox
09-05-2015, 05:40
Hi everyone, I'm having some issues with the Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Italia Steering Wheel.

First of all, I know that this Steering Wheel is not supported, it is not the Xbox One Version, bur when I first installed the game, it worked without any problem, but now, after changing some config (not Steering Wheel Config) like brake help, and some keys for camera changing, etc, it just stop working and it is not responding.

Do you have any sugestion? Is there any way to reset all the game config (not only controls config, that did not worked)

Thanks for advance

(sorry for my very bad english)

Morgan Henstridge
09-05-2015, 05:44
Hi Phrkanox, this may be slightly related to some instances of the controls not saving between restarts if you change the Pre-detected controller profile.

If you start the game, Go into Options > Controllers and see which device is detected there as the default.

Do not change to another device, just "Edit Assignments" and bind your controls to this Controller Profile.

Then Calibrate your controls and ensure they are responding as expected in the menus, and if all good, hit the track and see if they are also working for you there aswell.

Phrkanox
09-05-2015, 05:47
Hi Phrkanox, this may be slightly related to some instances of the controls not saving between restarts if you change the Pre-detected controller profile.

If you start the game, Go into Options > Controllers and see which device is detected there as the default.

Do not change to another device, just "Edit Assignments" and bind your controls to this Controller Profile.

Then Calibrate your controls and ensure they are responding as expected in the menus, and if all good, hit the track and see if they are also working for you there aswell.

Hi Morgan Henstridge, ty for your help, I tried that too but still not working, is just like the wheel is dead, but still working on all my other games, it is really strange.

Aldo Zampatti
09-05-2015, 05:49
If you want to reset everything in game, you can delete your profile from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\nnnnnnnn\234630

That would reset everything on your profile (almost).

Phrkanox
09-05-2015, 05:54
If you want to reset everything in game, you can delete your profile from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\nnnnnnnn\234630

That would reset everything on your profile (almost).

Ty Aldo Zampatti, I will try that. Ah recien veo que sos de Argentina :P

PTG Ty1er Ward
09-05-2015, 06:08
Maybe the above post does the same thing but, I had a problem with the TX Wheel on PC and it is supported. The game was unplayable for me. The pedals would calibrate fine but the wheel calibration would do nothing. There was no FFB in race, and the car would only turn right lol. The FFB was fine on Forza 5 and iRacing. The TX wheel is on the current firmware and driver (yes I had tried reinstalling both)

This has fixed it:

While in the PCars Calibration menus- disconnect the wheel USB, press the Reset button in the Calibration menu, reconnect the USB, when the wheel stops moving press the reset button again. Exit the calibration menu and close the game then relaunch the game.

Aldo Zampatti
09-05-2015, 06:08
Ty Aldo Zampatti, I will try that. Ah recien veo que sos de Argentina :P

Totalmente, Sadly this is english only forum! There are so many Spanish-speaking users that I might ask for an Spanish sub-forum :P

Phrkanox
09-05-2015, 06:14
Maybe the above post does the same thing but, I had a problem with the TX Wheel on PC and it is supported. The game was unplayable for me. The pedals would calibrate fine but the wheel calibration would do nothing. There was no FFB in race, and the car would only turn right lol. The FFB was fine on Forza 5 and iRacing. The TX wheel is on the current firmware and driver (yes I had tried reinstalling both)

This has fixed it:

While in the PCars Calibration menus- disconnect the wheel USB, press the Reset button in the Calibration menu, reconnect the USB, when the wheel stops moving press the reset button again. Exit the calibration menu and close the game then relaunch the game.

I'll try that, thanks

Totalmente, Sadly this is english only forum! There are so many Spanish-speaking users that I might ask for an Spanish sub-forum :P

It is nice to have spanish users :), I tried what you sugested but still not luck u.u

Aces N Eights
13-05-2015, 09:28
Hi I have this wheel the 458 Italia and use it on Xbox one and people keep saying it's not supported but it is supposed to be supported.Before I bought wheel I looked at pj cars official website and the 458 Italia is on that list and not having a lot of money I went for this option .Ive played fora for a lot years and realise this is a different game and more sim but find the lack of info about wheel settings and all the other settings in game very off putting I will keep at it but I don't think I will ever get to the end of career cos after hours of searching net ect just for decent wheel settings I've no time left to race then I will av to start on tuning menus LOL nice picture on game case tho

KD750
15-05-2015, 03:59
Dear All,

I have a thrustmaster TX Ferrari 458 Italia wheel who should work for both XBOXONE and PC.

Even I followed the steps provided by TM's official homepage (as posted below) to upgrade the driver to V48, my PC can recognize my TX458 wheel and can pass the FFB tests in the control panel provided by TM. However, Project Cars can't recognize my TX458 wheel inside the game. Does anybody face the same issue ? May you share your valuable advice to me please?

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index...pid=366&cid=15

Million thanks !

Thomas

axxion
16-05-2015, 23:10
First of all, I know that this Steering Wheel is not supported, it is not the Xbox One Version, bur when I first installed the game, it worked without any problem, but now, after changing some config (not Steering Wheel Config) like brake help, and some keys for camera changing, etc, it just stop working and it is not responding.

Wow Wow Wow....take a step back where does it say its not supported? I brought this wheel on the basis of its in the list of wheels in the options in the game?