PDA

View Full Version : REAL WEATHER

Dutchmountains
09-05-2015, 06:08
Hallo;

I have just a question about the real weather option.

Is it supose to be the weather what it is today on the track you wil drive?

I mean i go driving at Spa.

The weather there in real life is now rain.

Do i get then rain in the game?

By the way, sorry for my bad English.

Joshua Healy
09-05-2015, 06:13
That's how it intends to work, but it's update rate and accuracy is dependant on online sources so it can be a little buggy or off... But last I tested it it did indeed work like that :)

Aldo Zampatti
09-05-2015, 06:15
Hallo;

I have just a question about the real weather option.

Is it supose to be the weather what it is today on the track you wil drive?

I mean i go driving at Spa.

The weather there in real life is now rain.

Do i get then rain in the game?

By the way, sorry for my bad English.

correct. Is real current weather of the track you're driving now :)

theredshore
09-05-2015, 06:17
That's how it intends to work, but it's update rate and accuracy is dependant on online sources so it can be a little buggy or off... But last I tested it it did indeed work like that :)
yay for western sydney(sorry off topic)

your English is good enough Dutchmountains, i think it works pretty well i been driving bathurst a lot and checking the weather and it tends to be pretty accurate

Rearwing
09-05-2015, 09:06
Hi Guys

I have a feeling I may be being a bit stupid but I can't seem to set real weather on the Xbox One. I select a date but it just uses the selected weather choices. I've even gone as far back as Le Mans 2013 when it rained but the weather can still be a bright sunny day. Any pointers would be great.

kenseth20
09-05-2015, 09:42
I think Real weather only works with the real date settings. So you have to set the date on current or what it is called and then it should work.

GAT_Montana
09-05-2015, 10:24
I assume the consoles dont have this option. On PC you have this setting in the weather options, my PS4 dont have it.

Trux74
09-05-2015, 10:36
I have a feeling this might be a ui problem similar to AI difficulty where you can only select increment of 10 when using the dpad on a wheel (assume same for a controller).
By using a mouse on PC the increments change by 1%. It appears to be the same for weather.
I'm sure this will be fixed in the coming months.

Dutchmountains
09-05-2015, 11:07
The real weather option works only on the day it is today.

Dutchmountains
09-05-2015, 11:08
Hi Guys

I have a feeling I may be being a bit stupid but I can't seem to set real weather on the Xbox One. I select a date but it just uses the selected weather choices. I've even gone as far back as Le Mans 2013 when it rained but the weather can still be a bright sunny day. Any pointers would be great.

The real weather option works only on the day it is today.

Rearwing
09-05-2015, 11:19
I think Real weather only works with the real date settings. So you have to set the date on current or what it is called and then it should work.

Thanks Kenseth20 I've done that but it still gives the weather that is in the weather slots and not real world weather. I've tried at different tracks and dates and times but makes no difference.

I'm sure I'm missing something somewhere or is it just a case of it just don't work right on the Xbox, oh well still a great game I suppose I can put up with it.

Again thanks for posting so quick.

DozUK
09-05-2015, 15:04
Hi, apologies for my missunderatanding of these comments. For clarity, could someone please confirm if real weather is a feature for consoles as well as PC?

Aldo Zampatti
09-05-2015, 16:26
Hi, apologies for my missunderatanding of these comments. For clarity, could someone please confirm if real weather is a feature for consoles as well as PC?

I can confirm that is non-existent in PS4, don't know about XBX1

Trux74
11-05-2015, 08:07
I'm struggling to understand the system too [PC]

The manual states:

Up to 4 different weather changes can be chosen for your race weekend and you have full control over the rate of how this progresses. Similarly you can set any time of day and control how fast this changes during the course of your event.

You also have control over the date of the event. Change it to a specific date and the game will set it as accurately as possible to that date in history or today’s conditions based on online data.
But If I set it to real weather I can only use current date.
What setting should I set it too in order to pick the weather from a date in history?
e.g June 22 2013 at Le Mans
Thx

JSNFARRELL
11-05-2015, 08:44
I'm struggling to understand the system too [PC]

The manual states:

But If I set it to real weather I can only use current date.
What setting should I set it too in order to pick the weather from a date in history?
e.g June 22 2013 at Le Mans
Thx

What Trux74 said...
This whole "Real Weather" system is nothing like what was discussed in interviews over the last year or more.
It was said - (not quoting) that the weather system could collect data from the internet and inject it into the race(day)... we could recreate an event from years ago as long as the data exists therefore take part in it as if we was there.

Trux74's example: Saturday, June 22, 2013 at Le Mans
http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/LFRM/2013/6/22/DailyHistory.html?req_city=Le+Mans&req_state=&req_statename=France&reqdb.zip=00000&reqdb.magic=1&reqdb.wmo=07235

So far "Real Weather" just defaults to the last "Fixed Weather" setting on PC from what I can see... if it was collected from a database we would have some form of forecast.
Top of that I'm not hearing anything of the radio/comms about current or predicted forecasts... something that plays a big part in the strategy behind racing.
Based on how this weather system was described/presented - I assumed it resembled REX (FSX) which clearly mirrored real-world weather within FSX.

If its just simply broken, buggy, etc. - would be nice if we was made aware.

Perfect Code
11-05-2015, 09:10
I can confirm that is non-existent in PS4, don't know about XBX1

Can this not be made available on consoles as well?

mv287
11-05-2015, 09:42
Hi all,

i tested the real weather option a few times on diffrent tracks with my iphone weather app. the iphone weather app is not the best i know but on the tracks the weather was always the same.

Rain -> Rain
Cloudless with stars -> the app Shows the same Picture with shiny stars :)
Sunny -> Sunny

Maybe this was luck? I donīt know. But i think the function works fine.

Bye
Michael

Trux74
11-05-2015, 09:44
Hi all,

i tested the real weather option a few times on diffrent tracks with my iphone weather app. the iphone weather app is not the best i know but on the tracks the weather was always the same.

Rain -> Rain
Cloudless with stars -> the app Shows the same Picture with shiny stars :)
Sunny -> Sunny

Maybe this was luck? I donīt know. But i think the function works fine.

Bye
Michael

For real weather yes.. But we're not talking about that. It's the custom race date we're talking about.

JessicaWalter
11-05-2015, 09:53
That's a shame. I'm hoping it's something that can be fixed and not a feature that got scrapped. I've been looking forward to historic nurburgring rain.

Ripgroove
11-05-2015, 10:52
I know its a cool feature and al but if you already know what the weather was like for a certain rice in history then why not just set that weather yourself?

grester
11-05-2015, 10:56
Real weather is quite unstable and can get buggy. I've once raced Zolder with rain and tires were overheating.

JSNFARRELL
11-05-2015, 11:40
I know its a cool feature and al but if you already know what the weather was like for a certain rice in history then why not just set that weather yourself?

We aren't saying we are looking up the weather with the dates we set... even if that was the case it would still be less predictable than setting up all the weather manually (Assetto Corsa or whatever style)
- we are focused on the system doing what we was told it could/would do. My guess is existing data (historic) is also less workload than persistent data (real-time) anyway.
... for all we know the stutters everyone is complaining about in MP could be from the weather system injecting (or attempting to) Real Weather (current) data every #seconds.

Aldo Zampatti
11-05-2015, 13:41
Can this not be made available on consoles as well?

I think that's an item on the to-do because it has to do with multiple things that are complex and I don't understand :D I also think it is not a priority though.

Remember that consoles certifications can be a pain sometimes and that might be a rock on your path. If it is possible, I'm sure it will be added because SMS's intention is to have the best experience across all platforms.