PDA

View Full Version : Thrustmaster t300rs

bcfcgaz
09-05-2015, 07:00
Hi

I have just brought a thrustmaster t300 and am using it for the first time. I have a major issue when I start a race. The wheel kicks over to the left about 30 degrees or do and uses this as the centre point. If I disconnect the wheel it re-centralises and works ok. Do I have a wheel fault or is it the game.

Thanks

luisi5678
09-05-2015, 07:04
Did you go to game options, controller, select the t300rs and then calibrate it , i.e. the part where it asks you to turn the wheel left then right (its next to the pedal button on the bottom of the screen)

Padmod
09-05-2015, 07:05
Hi

I have just brought a thrustmaster t300 and am using it for the first time. I have a major issue when I start a race. The wheel kicks over to the left about 30 degrees or do and uses this as the centre point. If I disconnect the wheel it re-centralises and works ok. Do I have a wheel fault or is it the game.

Thanks

You need to calibrate the wheel.

bcfcgaz
09-05-2015, 07:13
Thanks but I have calibrated it already! I go all the way around with the wheel, straighten it then go 90 degrees. Will try again. Also the mode button does not illuminate at all is it supposed too? The pedals appear to work ok

deedub777
09-05-2015, 07:14
And first connect it to a PC and update the firmware. Full instructions on the thrust master website (remember to switch it to ps3 mode for PC and back to ps4 mode before reconnecting to ps4).

bcfcgaz
09-05-2015, 08:35
Thanks have done this just now. Just a bit unsure of the mode button? Everywhere I look I have seen it illuminate red but mine does not. It briefly flashed green when I connected it to pc

Rug22
09-05-2015, 10:10
I now have the very same issue.

The firmware was updated a week or 2 before the game came out, the wheel was fully calibrated upon install and before I played.

Every was working fine until last night and now it's a constant issue.

Is a race around Japan damage had been switched off but I had a heavy crash which froze the wheel, since then every new race I start on or off line has the wheel go left and stay there until a reset is actioned on the wheel.

I'm using the GTE version but that should make no difference ad it's the rim only.

bcfcgaz
09-05-2015, 10:18
Ok glad it's not just me then! I was unsure because only got the wheel a couple of days ago and I do not have any other racing games to test it with!

Rug22
09-05-2015, 10:55
Ok glad it's not just me then! I was unsure because only got the wheel a couple of days ago and I do not have any other racing games to test it with!

I've got 3 friends with the wheel and so far I'm the only one to have this issue.

I'm going to try to recalibrate the wheel first and then I'll reflash the firmware if that doesn't work, if neither work I'm at a complete loss.

Camdaz
09-05-2015, 12:33
I got my T300RS last November, don't know what firmware it's got but I've never updated it and it works fine. The only thing I've done with it was calibrate it in P Cars before driving.

bcfcgaz
09-05-2015, 15:08
Ok well I did the firmware update, pressed triangle to reset everything, calibrated, turned force feedback down and all is now working ok. Started about 6 races and no problems. Now just struggling with the awful blur ��

ads_green
10-05-2015, 11:50
Make sure the mode is set to PS3 when using on a pc

mccauleycr7
13-05-2015, 14:06
Just got my t300 when the game came out, every thing was perfect until last nite I went to turn it on and it won't calibrate for me, was just wondering is difficult to update the firmware and has anybody used the calibration tool from thrustmaster?

BistoKid
13-05-2015, 18:31
Firmware update is simple. Download from Thrustmaster website, run, connect wheel when requested. I had one update since purchase in November, last update was December. As said before , u must have switch to PS3 to connect to PC for update. Switch back to PS4 when connecting back to console and calibrate in game. Incidentally, my light is illuminated red all the time when connected to PS4.
Hope it works for you because this wheel is awesome on this game !!

Budstorm
13-05-2015, 19:08
I had the same issue with the t500 wheel, had a few races and it was fine, started a fresh race and the wheel was sitting at 11 o clock, drove the car and had to constantly hold it to the right to straighten it up. Unplugged the wheel and plugged it in again and it was fine, calibrated the wheel again and the bug happened again 3 races later.

Skeme_DBT
13-05-2015, 19:18
I had the same issue until I calibrated the wheel. Turn it clockwise or anti clockwise until it reaches 100. Save. Then rotate it to 900. Save.

I also had to recalibrate my wheel when I first got it, because it was stuck in the 11 o'clock position for its center.
Here is how you calibrate the wheel for PS4 -

1) Start up your PS4 and wait until the PS4 system menu/Dashboard appears.
2) Connect the racing wheel's USB cable, then wait for the auto-calibration phase to end.
3) Turn the racing wheel fully to the left (until you reach the stop).
4) Turn the racing wheel fully to the right (until you reach the stop).
5) Turn your racing wheel until you reach the 12 o'clock position.
6) While holding it in this position, press the 'OPTIONS, 'SHARE' & 'MODE' buttons simultaneously.
The racing wheel's LED briefly changes colour, then reverts to its initial colour. This means that
the wheel's center value has been reset and automatically saved to the
device's internal memory. You do not need to repeat the procedure every time you
connect the racing wheel.

This applies to all of the T300's wheels (PS, GT, F1,458 GTE, etc.).

I also recommend updating your firmware, or checking that you have the latest firmware version.

deedub777
14-05-2015, 08:06
6) While holding it in this position, press the 'OPTIONS, 'SHARE' & 'MODE' buttons simultaneously.
The racing wheel's LED briefly changes colour, then reverts to its initial colour. This means that
the wheel's center value has been reset and automatically saved to the
device's internal memory. You do not need to repeat the procedure every time you
connect the racing wheel.

This applies to all of the T300's wheels (PS, GT, F1,458 GTE, etc.).

Are you sure? On the Ferrari GTE rim OPTIONS and SHARE are on a rotary switch and cannot be selected together.
OPTIONS: rotate left
SHARE: rotate right
PS: press

I checked with thrustmaster and the instructions do say that. See below... Hmm, maybe a call to them is in order!

1) Connect the racing wheel's USB cable (on PS3/PS4 or on PC), then wait for the auto-calibration phase to end.
2) Turn the racing wheel fully to the left (until you reach the stop).
3) Turn the racing wheel fully to the right (until you reach the stop).
4) Make sure that your racing wheel is perfectly centered ; while holding it in this position, press the START, SELECT & MODE buttons simultaneously :
* PS & GT WHEEL = SE + ST + MODE
* F1 WHEEL = BO + WET + MODE
* 458 CHALLENGE GTE WHEEL = SCROLL + RIGHT LEVER + MODE
5) The racing wheel's LED briefly changes colour, then reverts to its initial colour.
This means that the wheel's center value has been reset and automatically saved to the device's internal memory (you do not need to repeat the procedure every time you connect the racing wheel); this applies to all of the T300's wheels (PS, GT, F1, 458 GTE, etc.).

Gejabo
14-05-2015, 09:05
I got my T300RS last November, don't know what firmware it's got but I've never updated it and it works fine. The only thing I've done with it was calibrate it in P Cars before driving.

Same here.
Have it since last September never updated and works perfectly.

CPS-3
14-05-2015, 09:26
Guys who have the T300, have you already broken you gaspedal? I had mine just 2 months and the torsion springs from the gaspedal were broken. Thrustmaster sended me a new pedalset which I'm using for a month now but i can feel that this one will be broken too within a month. I'm wondering how many times Thrustmaster will send me new ones within my two years of warranty.. :)

Skeme_DBT
16-05-2015, 00:56
Are you sure? On the Ferrari GTE rim OPTIONS and SHARE are on a rotary switch and cannot be selected together.
OPTIONS: rotate left
SHARE: rotate right
PS: press

I checked with thrustmaster and the instructions do say that. See below... Hmm, maybe a call to them is in order!

SCROLL + RIGHT LEVER + MODE

THE_KART96
16-05-2015, 16:27
Any one having a button mapping issue?

ianj3479
09-06-2015, 14:53
This may sound stupid, but... just make sure the power cable is all the way in.. when I started I didn't have it all the way in and of course performance was hit and miss (FFB started strong & then got weaker and weaker as vibration further loosened the connection.. by the way... every time I start I hit the left side of the round directional button and the mode button at the same time... the mode button flashes 3 times.. then I do it again and it's down to 2 flashes... then I go and calibrate... at this point my turning radius matches what's on screen (usually driving formula cars)... do I have to do this every time?? makes sense there should be a one time set up for this. so far... love the T300rs... fingers are crossed.. no problems so far.

Spirit X
09-06-2015, 16:04
Firmware update is simple. Download from Thrustmaster website, run, connect wheel when requested. I had one update since purchase in November, last update was December. As said before , u must have switch to PS3 to connect to PC for update. Switch back to PS4 when connecting back to console and calibrate in game. Incidentally, my light is illuminated red all the time when connected to PS4.
Hope it works for you because this wheel is awesome on this game !!

Can anyone clarify this because my understanding (which comes from previous posts on this forum) is that the firmware update is pointless if you're playing on PS4. When playing on PS4, the game completely ignores the firmware and applies it's own settings. Also, if you make any changes to the wheel in the Thrustmaster Control Panel, you'll find that it makes no difference at all once you've plugged the wheel into the PS4. At least, that's my experience but anyone know different?

muscular
09-06-2015, 16:39
Can anyone clarify this because my understanding (which comes from previous posts on this forum) is that the firmware update is pointless if you're playing on PS4. When playing on PS4, the game completely ignores the firmware and applies it's own settings. Also, if you make any changes to the wheel in the Thrustmaster Control Panel, you'll find that it makes no difference at all once you've plugged the wheel into the PS4. At least, that's my experience but anyone know different?

The firmware does play a part in management of the fan kicking in, power management and other issues. However, the PC control panel adjustments itself will not transfer over to the PS4. I don't think anybody knows of what is changed by applying the latest firmware, as such, they cannot give attention to it whether it makes any difference. But think about it, the PS4 or the game will not tell the T300 when to kick in the fan, as such, its really the firmware in place that decides such timing.

I would think the firmware does its own work, and the software itself does its own work too, without one making adjustments to the other, but thats just my speculations.

Spirit X
09-06-2015, 23:36
The firmware does play a part in management of the fan kicking in, power management and other issues. However, the PC control panel adjustments itself will not transfer over to the PS4. I don't think anybody knows of what is changed by applying the latest firmware, as such, they cannot give attention to it whether it makes any difference. But think about it, the PS4 or the game will not tell the T300 when to kick in the fan, as such, its really the firmware in place that decides such timing.

I would think the firmware does its own work, and the software itself does its own work too, without one making adjustments to the other, but thats just my speculations.

Yeah, that makes good sense.

Ajnn
11-06-2015, 09:43
I fix this only doing reset of the wheel inside the game, turn off the game and start the game again

Meatkid
11-06-2015, 23:15
Hi

Thanks

I bought my T300 2 days ago and I have the exact same probably. The first race is fine but after the race, it goes to the lobby and on the next race the wheel goes to the left, I have to unplug the usb and plug it back in then the wheel spins to the left then to the right and its ready to go. This is a pain to do all the time :(

Human
12-06-2015, 05:58
As of yesterday my T300rs is no longer recognized by Pcars. Up to this point I have had no issues and the wheel has worked flawlessly. I had one race at Zolder in career mode in the Lotus 98t and all was fine. I then had a race again at Zolder in race weekend in the Maclaren GT3, again all fine. I changed track to Wattkins Glen in the Maclaren GT3 and once auto pilot had finished and manual drive took over there was no ffb at all. I could spin the wheel freely in either direction.
The car would just about register a right turn but only at almost maximum rotation.
I did the usual, quit app, unplug wheel, wheel would re calibrate but still no difference. I did this several times. I then changed car to the E30 just to see if that made a difference which it didn't. I then tried the wheel on Drive Club and it worked fine. So i decided to check the firmware again and went through the whole procedure including the bootloader process. All seemed to be fine, plugged back in to Pcars and still nothing, I went to calibration screen and the wheel is not registering, no increasing white bar when rotating the wheel. (to add; I plug the wheel in on the PS4 home screen and let it calibrate, press the PS button on the wheel and the hit X and enter Pcars, all buttons and the D pad function correctly in game)
I then tried GT6 and the wheel worked fine. I am guessing this is just a bug, just a bit weird for it to happen all of a sudden when I have not had such issues accruing up until now. I understand there are teething issues and I shall patiently wait for the patch and hope it resolves the issue. Up until now I have thoroughly enjoyed Pcars. A fantastic sim!! Keep up the great work!

OctRS
15-06-2015, 19:43
I have the same problem without solution at moment. If you find it, please reply !