PDA

View Full Version : Do you restart races?

bobblebob
09-05-2015, 07:10
Always feel like cheating on a sim racer. But you're on Round 5 of 5, need a win to win the Championship and crash on the last corner. Do you restart the race or do the whole championship again?

menaceuk
09-05-2015, 09:47
Nope. No restarting here.

IMO these types of incidents are whata game like this is all about. It is all about those little moments where you lose or gain. Those little screw ups that cost the important win, or that extra bit of bravery on the last corner to achieve that satisfying victory.

Cooper_si
09-05-2015, 10:21
I do restart if ive had a glitch thats caused me to crash haha. But its true you shouldn't really restart like menaceuk says :D

linkinruss
09-05-2015, 10:25
I must have restarted a billion times on karts.
The controller is so sensitive but I've tried to tweak this and it has helped a lot.

But yes..I'm a restarter.

MisterO
09-05-2015, 10:37
Depends - sometimes I do, at the beginning of a championship series I tend not to restart, because you know, I'll defintely make up for a bad result in the races to come. Towards the end of a series I do make restarts.

Warrior AL 68
09-05-2015, 11:31
Usually I'm not a restarter - but already with the Karts I've done a lot of re-starting!

Any recommended settings to get the controller more accurately responsive?

Dukey_40
09-05-2015, 11:49
Proud restarter here, particularly with the Karts ;)

Megalomanic87
09-05-2015, 14:07
Only if the AI whack me off, or in time trials! ;)

Whyte46
09-05-2015, 15:00
Constant restarts on the kart races, suffering from steering lock up - or touch the grass and game over

Scav3nger
09-05-2015, 15:01
No restarting here, also to go along with the theme, no jumping back to pit box either, drive back to the pits first then jump to box once the pit control takes over. If I want get out of jail cards I'll go back to Forza and use rewind to avoid the crash in the first place.

Initia1 B
10-05-2015, 10:03
No restarting here, also to go along with the theme, no jumping back to pit box either, drive back to the pits first then jump to box once the pit control takes over. If I want get out of jail cards I'll go back to Forza and use rewind to avoid the crash in the first place.

How about when the AI takes the back wheels clean off your classic Team Lotus? Or youv'e just regained 'manual control' on exiting pit lane and whoaa whats going on my cars acting as if its wheels are missing but wait their still there!?!

SumpPlug
10-05-2015, 10:20
No restarts. For me, restarting takes away the thrill of achievement and shortens the life of the game. I realise it's not for everyone and the option is there for people to use if they wish.

ThreeAngryOwls
10-05-2015, 10:40
Always feel like cheating on a sim racer. But you're on Round 5 of 5, need a win to win the Championship and crash on the last corner. Do you restart the race or do the whole championship again?

Normally I wouldn't, but currently I have a bug in my career where the game doesn't register my laps or position and forces me to restart the race to fix it. It's a bit annoying since I like to play without HUD, but not a big issue.

Bigsteviet
11-05-2015, 13:11
No restarts.

Unless an incident or problem was caused by a shortfall in the game itself (as opposed to the game world).

So, lots of restarts...

jonnotheone
11-05-2015, 15:56
I don't ever restart like many of you I see it as cheating and as I'm never going to be a real race driver this is as close as I get and there's no restart button on real life if I crash out ohh well better luck next time...I also drive back to pits before boxing it however it would make a good idea I they added garage in option on the pit options..

s1yfa
11-05-2015, 16:28
I have restarted a lot in the first day or so, normally due to controller issues plowing me firmly into the nearest hard thing. What I have realised now is the "To Affinity & Beyond" achievement is going to be bloody hard work (50% or greater affinity in all classes) as the game counts EVERY restart as a new race. So my kart affinity is like 15% at the moment...

TehGreenie
11-05-2015, 16:29
It's all down to what causes the need for a restart...

Disease
11-05-2015, 16:31
only for one reason...
when i forget to keep my clutch pedal engaged whilst starting the race from the menu and i then get to the grid and have a car that has stalled :eek:

s1yfa
11-05-2015, 16:35
only for one reason...
when i forget to keep my clutch pedal engaged whilst starting the race from the menu and i then get to the grid and have a car that has stalled :eek:

Set it to autostart the engine. This will also help when you spin and the car stalls. The Xbox controller doesn't have enough buttons to map everything I need and ignition!

itakethepics
11-05-2015, 16:40
i only ever restart if its the AI's fault for causing me to crash, like when they decide to take the racing line on the corner when your side by side... stupid AI.

Entropy Nebula
11-05-2015, 16:42
I have done a few times, mainly when I've been punted off by the AI and then my car engine dies. First gear will engage and I get engine revs but I'm unable to pull away again. Not sure if that's me or the game. Even resetting the car to track does nothing, loads of engine noise, not able to pull away in first.

cliffter88
11-05-2015, 16:42
I'm restarting all the time due to the twitchy steering. Once the steering is sorted I will not be restarting

BrotherRogue
11-05-2015, 16:48
I havent touhed career due to karts dooming me to failure after a few attempts at having fun. Its not fun to lose, we all know that, riding last place on a 8 lap race with 1 lap to go, sure, why not, but battling your way through the pack, jostling for 1st place and just manage to land 2nd place I would just be rude to myself for restarting then ;) or stop restarting when I get bored

Online racing you can't restart

Although restarting the community challenges is all good in my book

kaa0s
14-05-2015, 07:10
I have restarted a lot in the first day or so, normally due to controller issues plowing me firmly into the nearest hard thing. What I have realised now is the "To Affinity & Beyond" achievement is going to be bloody hard work (50% or greater affinity in all classes) as the game counts EVERY restart as a new race. So my kart affinity is like 15% at the moment...

Just noticed this too. Was testing out some tuning stuff, ie. starting a race to see the effects (since you have to do this stuff in the carage and not while on the tracks for some reason), quitting out, changing stuff and doing it again. So it counts everything you "enter".. even practice.. So yeah, if you want the trophy maybe focus on doing that right now before doing anything else.

As for the OP - no, not one for restarts. They kinda defeat the purpose of the career imo.

JessicaWalter
14-05-2015, 07:33
i don't restart. after all it's a game and i don't mind losing a game. however, my preference against restarting has kept me from even starting a career yet. i need to learn how to drive first, haha (concerning operating the gamepad), but there's a lot of helpful posts here already that have made setting things up a lot smoother than it would have been with only the in-game and online manual summary.

Tillj
14-05-2015, 09:53
I restart when i sit on the grid in neutral and the field flies past.

Mr Akina
14-05-2015, 10:06
I restart all the time. Without any weather info, I find I usually pit just before some random rain shows up - as the AI can still lap as quick in the wet whilst on slicks, I restart and run a lap or so longer and wait for the weather to change to give myself half a chance.