PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS is AMAZING with TX wheel! (pictures of my setup)

Benja190782
09-05-2015, 08:02
I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER - PROJECT CARS CAME ALIVE WITH MY TX WHEEL!
I can not comprehend how much difference there is in using the Xbox One controller and then a real steering wheel with pedals!

It can not be described in words how great Project CARS feels with my Thrustmaster TX steering wheel! I encourage ALL with this game to acquire a steering wheel!
It's a COMPLETELY different game now! The steering is precise and calm - you can even catch a slide and the Force Feedback is incredibly good!

It is important that you calibrate the steering wheel and HOLD the Wheel when it asks you to turn the wheel 900 degrees, and then press A.
What a feeling this is now! I can not stop smiling!

Project CARS was built for a steering wheel and pedals - that you can clearly sense. My only problem is that I can't use the Xbox controller to navigate in the menu's while I have my Isotta aftermarket wheel installed on the Thurstmaster TX base! Anyone know how? You can do it in Forza 5 - you know, use the wheel to race with, but at the same time use the controller to navigate the menu of the game.

Anyway, BUY A STEERING WHEEL for this game! (I have ordered Thrustmaster T3PA-Pro pedals with clutch, but they are backordered until June.
Here are some pictures of my setup:
Thrustmaster TX racing wheel, 2x DSD adapters for use with real steering wheel, 340mm. Isotta Evo steering wheel and TH8A shifter!
55" Samsung Smart TV + Jamo surround sound system!

http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/ndhlmjzhyti5nwixzge4zdvhmdu3ogjmm2fimgvknwu.jpg
http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/mtc1mdvhzmuyogzmyza3ownhyzbiogrjzgvhm2ixowi.jpg
http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/ndc3zguynzbjmjqxzdbmndniytjkzwmyyzewnznizgu.jpg
http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/yjkwzmrmyzc2yzixm2qzy2m3ymizn2zinmzinteyyzu.jpg

Disease
09-05-2015, 08:54
nice to see another positive story on here given the issues some folks are having.

r94
09-05-2015, 08:56
First of all I must say that is a sweet set up. Good job.
I would like to ask you about these standard TX pedals, are they solid? I'm thinking about getting a new wheel and TX is one on my list, but these pedals looks a bit cheap and fragile, so I would appreciate your opinion.

OTehNoes
09-05-2015, 10:48
First of all I must say that is a sweet set up. Good job.
I would like to ask you about these standard TX pedals, are they solid? I'm thinking about getting a new wheel and TX is one on my list, but these pedals looks a bit cheap and fragile, so I would appreciate your opinion.

The standard TX pedals are pretty decent, the surfaces are stainless steel and feel really solid. The brake pedal is stiffer than the throttle pedal which is nice as it has a bit of resistance, though I'm probably going to upgrade to T3PA pedals soon.

Bryer
09-05-2015, 10:51
Having had difficulties with the FFB, the tips from another forum user have improved this game so much. Now the FFB is working properly with the TX wheel, it's in my opinion the only way to play this game.

I have improved my lap times by about 8-9 seconds from being able to feel the grip levels and really throw the car through the corners. Got my first win in Formula Rookie last night in a quick race weekend, and it was one of the best gaming feelings I've had in a long, long time.

I'd really, really recommend the TH3PA pedal set, the conical brake mod really, really helps improve driving fluidity.

Bought all this just for Project CARS.

r94
09-05-2015, 10:54
The standard TX pedals are pretty decent, the surfaces are stainless steel and feel really solid. The brake pedal is stiffer than the throttle pedal which is nice as it has a bit of resistance, though I'm probably going to upgrade to T3PA pedals soon.

Yeah, I thought about an upgrade to better pedals after a while.
Thanks for your feedback

Robhd
09-05-2015, 11:17
The t3pa pedals make it so much better... Make sure you use the included brake mod too... The th8a shifter adds even more... Am now thinking about adding a add on tm rim to complete the set up... Like you i am a very happy camper this weekend!

Hawker Fury
09-05-2015, 11:18
Having had difficulties with the FFB, the tips from another forum user have improved this game so much. Now the FFB is working properly with the TX wheel, it's in my opinion the only way to play this game.

I have improved my lap times by about 8-9 seconds from being able to feel the grip levels and really throw the car through the corners. Got my first win in Formula Rookie last night in a quick race weekend, and it was one of the best gaming feelings I've had in a long, long time.

I'd really, really recommend the TH3PA pedal set, the conical brake mod really, really helps improve driving fluidity.

Could you please point us in the direction of what you did to improve things. I'm sure everyone would like more info

Nice setup by the way. Mine is almost the same but I have the shifter too :D
Cheers

stux
09-05-2015, 11:20
I just got the t3pa for my setup. I find the progressive brake really helps. Now I want to get the TH8A

Zeratul
09-05-2015, 11:46
Could you please point us in the direction of what you did to improve things. I'm sure everyone would like more info

Cheers

Yes please, at the moment my TX feel kind of "vague".

Benja190782
09-05-2015, 14:12
Forget about the T3PA pedals - you should get the T3PA-PRO pedals!

@r94: the standard pedals are quite good actually - but next to T3PA-PRO they are nothing! You should get them in June when they are in stock.

To those with weak Force Feedback: calibrate the wheel - turn full left - then turn right to you hit 900 degrees. Most important is now.. HOLD the wheel at that point and do so while you press A at the same time - now you should hold it for 5 sec. even if the Force Feedback is strong and rip your arm off.

It worked for me - and the game is now right up there with AC, R3E, rFactor and the others imho.

stux
09-05-2015, 15:02
I've done the hold 90 calibration, I've re downloaded, the best thing I found was to use Stella Stig's settings.

Project Cars TX FFB by Stella Stig

Stella Stig’s TX Xb1 FFB Settings - 5/7/15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrDw5t932tc&feature=youtu.be

Use 900 DOF

Hockenheim GP

Palmer Jaguar JP-LM

Options -> Controls -> Configuration

Steering Deadzone 0

Steering Sensitivity 40

Throttle Deadzone 0

Throttle Sensitivity 100

Brake Deadzone 0

Brake Sensitivity 100

Clutch Deadzone 0

Clutch Sensitivity 100

Speed Sensititivty 0

Controller Filtering Sensitivity 0

Damper Saturation 0

Force Feedback 100

RPM/Gear Display Yes

Controller Input Mode 3

Advanced On

Soft Steering Dampening Off

Visual Wheel Filtering Off

Opposite Lock Help Off

—> Calibrate FFB

Tire Force 200

Per Wheel Movement 0.35

Per Wheel Movement Squared 0.35

Wheel Position Smoothing 0.05

Deadzone Removal Range 0.15

Deadzone Removal Falloff 0.10

Linkage Scale 0.25

Linkage Stiffness 0.25

Linkage Dampening 1.00

Relative Adjust Gain 0.98

Relative Adjust Bleed 0.10

Relative Adjust Clamp 0.96

Scoop Knee 0.70

Scoop Reduction 0.10

Soft Clipping (Half Input) 0.10

Soft Clipping (Full Output) 0.00

Edit Tuning Setup for Car -> FFB

Master Scale 30 (28 - 40 depending on car)

Fx Scale 116.0

Fy Scale 100.01

Fz Scale 120.00

Mz Scale 100.01

Fx Smoothing 0.0

Fy Smoothing 0.0

Fz Smoothing 0.0

Mz Smoothing 0.0

Arm Angle 1000.0

GUD OL STONER
09-05-2015, 15:41
don't know how to. Turn the picture around

Trying to get to grips with the handling, not happy :/

Benja190782
09-05-2015, 16:08
^^
How did you get those pedals to work with the TX wheel? I'm sick of waiting for the Thrustmaster T3PA-PRO pedals..

GUD OL STONER
09-05-2015, 16:13
Basherboards adapter, can only order them online

Efill4ziggiN
09-05-2015, 21:17
There is a basher board adapter on ebay uk as there is a long waiting time for them

PumaSpec
09-05-2015, 21:29
Jealous :hopelessness: On Santa's list. #1

Xdelboyx
10-05-2015, 08:53
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa450/xdelboyx/E8398565-2CE1-4426-B66F-3E13F222C022.jpg (http://s1198.photobucket.com/user/xdelboyx/media/E8398565-2CE1-4426-B66F-3E13F222C022.jpg.html)

1984 Raleigh burner had to get in there :)

And everyone says bigger screen but from the seat it's the same size as my 60 inch from my sofa :)

3 subs in this system one in seat base one in seat back and one in pedal base all independently controlled for those rumble strips :)))
I fabricated this rig out of galvanised steel handrails from work...it weighs a ton but is solid as a real car!!

Bryer
10-05-2015, 08:57

Nice setup by the way. Mine is almost the same but I have the shifter too :D
Cheers

Follow this thread - http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?22444-Hardly-any-FFB-with-Thrustmaster-TX-Read-This-!

techAU
10-05-2015, 13:45
I went with the Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider Racing Wheel and pedals. Works a treat. No rumble and strangely no headphone port, but for A$170 it was an affordable solution and was fundamentally changed my experience with CARS.

Icaru5
10-05-2015, 15:53
Thought I'd share mine too :)

No racing seat 'cos it's a family room, but still having a ball :cool:

Benja190782
11-05-2015, 17:32
^^
Nice spot for the speakers, mate! :cool: What size is your TV - and can I have your FOV settings with this setup, please?

Daz5738
11-05-2015, 17:50
Yup couldn't agree more. It's utterly awsome with the thrustmaster tx setup...pedals and manual gear shift on order but very happy with the game and setup for now. I have to be honest but am not experiencing alot of the issues people are having. I have only completed the clio cup season so far and it was brilliant. Full on sim racing tbh...

Icaru5
12-05-2015, 09:23
^^
Nice spot for the speakers, mate! :cool: What size is your TV - and can I have your FOV settings with this setup, please?

Thanks ! - Works well - Boston acoustics Soundware XS 5.1 with Onkyo Amp.

TV's a 55" curved. I'm not really sure about the Fov settings, as I haven't changed anything, but can check what they're on if you like.

Cheers, Ic.

PJ Dunham
12-05-2015, 12:36
Highly recommend getting the GTE and F1 Rim addons , F1 especially as its the ONLY wheel rim you can map everything too the XB controller 458 rim and GTE rim doesn't have enough buttons

webboy
12-05-2015, 16:19
How do you advance threw the menus with the isotta wheel attached???

Benja190782
12-05-2015, 17:50
How do you advance threw the menus with the isotta wheel attached???

That's the problem, webboy. I can't... But Ian Bell promised me the team will find a way we could assign buttons to either the Xbox controller or a keyboard like on PC.

But for now, only Forza can be played with my Isotta wheel.
So if Turn 10 can do it - so can SMS!

My hopes are up! ;)

turbohondaej1
12-05-2015, 18:52

Benja190782
12-05-2015, 19:36
^^
Nice seat - where did you get that from? I wan't one also for my rig, but a good leather seat is not cheap...

It costs more than my TX wheel. :(

Flanimal
12-05-2015, 20:05

That tubing looks like solvent weld plumbing fittings. Very inventive...

Flanimal
12-05-2015, 20:09
I've got a perfectly good MS 360 wheel attached to a Wheel Pro Stand, gathering dust because it's not compatible with the Xbone, cheers MS, can't afford a Thrusmaster TX, so I'm stuck with the controller and all its faults.
Some pretty sweet set ups there boys...

Gitseal
12-05-2015, 20:36
I know what your saying, I usually sit on my bean bag with the ms speed wheel. All these set ups are awesome but I just dont have the space or something suitable to bolt these wheels down to.

FTW Leceur
12-05-2015, 20:46
I've got a perfectly good MS 360 wheel attached to a Wheel Pro Stand, gathering dust because it's not compatible with the Xbone, cheers MS, can't afford a Thrusmaster TX, so I'm stuck with the controller and all its faults.
Some pretty sweet set ups there boys...
If you want to spend a minimum amount of money to make your wheel work, google cronusmax. I also have this device and my Fanatec wheel works with the xbox one :)

turbohondaej1
12-05-2015, 23:23
^^
Nice seat - where did you get that from? I wan't one also for my rig, but a good leather seat is not cheap...

It costs more than my TX wheel. :(

Lol cheap it's from an Acura Integra I had them in my civic at one time but switched to rsr seats. You can find them in junk yards all over this is a passenger seat so it doesn't matter.

turbohondaej1
12-05-2015, 23:25
That tubing looks like solvent weld plumbing fittings. Very inventive...

If you go to inside Sim racing forum there is a section that has some diy stuff this is one of the builds.

Icaru5
12-05-2015, 23:29

Awesome - Now that's what I call an unfair advantage ! - Taking super light spaceframes to the next level ;)

TooMCHPSI
13-05-2015, 01:41
I have so many questions regarding the real wheel and DSD adapter. I'll stick to a simple one. How do you use the buttons?

Rxhevntt
13-05-2015, 02:01
That's a great way of putting it--vague!

Scrufy
13-05-2015, 02:25
That's a great way of putting it--vague!
Yeah I have to agree. On the PC I just use tweakers Xml files that are in the troubleshooting section here. It really improved the feel. For xBone I'm not sure what to do, no matter how I adjust it still just seems to feel light. I'll try the settings from this thread. Oh and I have a TX also but use my old G27 pedals with the adapter. Just need to get my shifter and say goodbye to flappy paddles.. Nice setups guys. Oh and I run mine on my old Wheel Stand Pro.

Benja190782
30-05-2015, 13:23
I have so many questions regarding the real wheel and DSD adapter. I'll stick to a simple one. How do you use the buttons?

With a keyboard - but you can't go to "options" so you need to get the FFB right before installing the DSD adapter and the real wheel.

My hopes are that SMS makes the controller active in-game with the TX wheel at the same time - like in Forza!

Dan77 DESTROYER
30-05-2015, 13:31

I agree they are definatly usable out of the box I'm getting used to mine quite quickly,

the wheel is amazing and a must in my opinion for this game now I've come from a controller to a wheel, the difference is night and day.

TooMCHPSI
30-05-2015, 14:09
With a keyboard - but you can't go to "options" so you need to get the FFB right before installing the DSD adapter and the real wheel.

My hopes are that SMS makes the controller active in-game with the TX wheel at the same time - like in Forza!

Wait, you can connect a keyboard to the Xbox One and have it work as a button in the game?

Bigsteviet
30-05-2015, 14:47
How long is the USB cable with the TX?

And which port do you plug into? I've seen people say it MUST be to the rear, others that it MUST be to the side!

Seps1974
30-05-2015, 15:11
How long is the USB cable with the TX?

And which port do you plug into? I've seen people say it MUST be to the rear, others that it MUST be to the side!

In my case I use a 4 meter 2.0 usb cable pluged to the side port.

TooMCHPSI
30-05-2015, 16:03

I have always used the side USB port

Haiden
30-05-2015, 16:53
Project CARS was built for a steering wheel and pedals - that you can clearly sense. My only problem is that I can't use the Xbox controller to navigate in the menu's while I have my Isotta aftermarket wheel installed on the Thurstmaster TX base! Anyone know how? You can do it in Forza 5 - you know, use the wheel to race with, but at the same time use the controller to navigate the menu of the game.

I looked at the pics before reading your post, and was like, "Man... how does he use that wheel and navigate the menus?" LOL

I have a TX, as well, but I have the GT leather wheel, so there's buttons. Love the GT style rim. The metal core, improves the FFB, but even with the standard wheel the FFB in PCars is amazing. I popped Forza 5 in after a few days and couldn't believe how bad that FFB was. I bought my wheel for Forza 5. I'd been playing it for two years and didn't realize how awful it was...LOL

Stu1903
30-05-2015, 19:51
What's the diff between the th8a pedals and the th8a pro pedals?

LADY GEMMA JANE
30-05-2015, 20:00
I can not comprehend how much difference there is in using the Xbox One controller and then a real steering wheel with pedals!

It can not be described in words how great Project CARS feels with my Thrustmaster TX steering wheel! I encourage ALL with this game to acquire a steering wheel!
It's a COMPLETELY different game now! The steering is precise and calm - you can even catch a slide and the Force Feedback is incredibly good!

It is important that you calibrate the steering wheel and HOLD the Wheel when it asks you to turn the wheel 900 degrees, and then press A.

Anyway, BUY A STEERING WHEEL for this game! (I have ordered Thrustmaster T3PA-Pro pedals with clutch, but they are backordered until June.
Thrustmaster TX racing wheel, 2x DSD adapters for use with real steering wheel, 340mm. Isotta Evo steering wheel and TH8A shifter!

looks awesome

Benja190782
30-05-2015, 22:17
I looked at the pics before reading your post, and was like, "Man... how does he use that wheel and navigate the menus?" LOL

I have a TX, as well, but I have the GT leather wheel, so there's buttons. Love the GT style rim. The metal core, improves the FFB, but even with the standard wheel the FFB in PCars is amazing. I popped Forza 5 in after a few days and couldn't believe how bad that FFB was. I bought my wheel for Forza 5. I'd been playing it for two years and didn't realize how awful it was...LOL

I feel the exact same way when going back to Forza - the FFB is so much better in Project CARS even if it's not on pair with the PC version.

What's the diff between the th8a pedals and the th8a pro pedals?

The TH8A PRO looks and feels way better because of the brake mod and you can have GT style on it which is much better imo.

looks awesome

Thanks mate! :cool: I've re-build my setup since then - new pics will be up soon!

Wait, you can connect a keyboard to the Xbox One and have it work as a button in the game?

Yes you can, but not assign any buttons to it...

robbyrocketz
30-05-2015, 22:42
My setup, love it.205441

nissan4ever
30-05-2015, 22:55
My setup, absolutely enjoying the TX, T3PA & TH8A.

INoTroN
31-05-2015, 00:30
Project cars is AMAZING with the 458 spider too.

Bulltwinkle
01-06-2015, 02:02
I got a TX and it is amazing how much better the game is, waiting for a wheel stand (due this week) then I can get down to bidness. :lemo:

wOoDsTeR16
01-06-2015, 05:14

I take it that is a camping mat under your rig buddy?, I have made a stand up myself but I have wood flooring down in the front room and as soon as I hit the break the whole rig moves!. Looks like the wife will be bringing me one back from town today :)..... Cracking idea

birel
01-06-2015, 08:26
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa450/xdelboyx/E8398565-2CE1-4426-B66F-3E13F222C022.jpg (http://s1198.photobucket.com/user/xdelboyx/media/E8398565-2CE1-4426-B66F-3E13F222C022.jpg.html)

And everyone says bigger screen but from the seat it's the same size as my 60 inch from my sofa :)

3 subs in this system one in seat base one in seat back and one in pedal base all independently controlled for those rumble strips :)))
I fabricated this rig out of galvanised steel handrails from work...it weighs a ton but is solid as a real car!!

How long have you had the BMX?

hillcrest34
01-06-2015, 09:05
http://i19.servimg.com/u/f19/18/85/03/06/fvbtak10.jpg

Thrustmaster TX Base
Thrustmaster 458 Challenge GTE Rim
Basherboards CPX Adaptor
Fanatec Clubsport V2 Pedals

I used to think that the stock pedals were actually pretty decent but after buying the clubsports they the stock pedals feel like trash haha.
Definitely recommend getting some Clubsport pedals and a basherboards, the difference is night and day.

justonce68
01-06-2015, 09:23

Brent G
01-06-2015, 10:11
Just ordered a Thrustmaster TX and a Playseat Champion this morning and must confess I'm excited like a likkle kiddy! Set up along with my 51'' T.V. its gonna be like having a Zakspeed Capri in my living room. Jeez my Mrs is gonna be pissed, Eastenders is most definately cancelled.

jonnyyoung2013
01-06-2015, 10:53
Just ordered a Thrustmaster TX and a Playseat Champion this morning and must confess I'm excited like a likkle kiddy! Set up along with my 51'' T.V. its gonna be like having a Zakspeed Capri in my living room. Jeez my Mrs is gonna be pissed, Eastenders is most definately cancelled.

The playseat champion is out of stock even though its shows in stock so they will E-mail you and offer the EVO instead like they did with me. I told them to keep the shipping charge though and upgrade it to the Topgear edition one. If you want to have the EVO they will refund you your shipping fees as its supposed to be free shipping.

I agree with whats been said though in the past week/2 weeks i have splashed out on TX and Playseat and now the game feels so much better.

http://i58.tinypic.com/303adxc.jpg

Brent G
01-06-2015, 11:02
Better keep my eye on my email then, cheers bud. Out of curiosity where did you order yours from mate and how long before they emailed as regards to no stock of the champ?

jonnyyoung2013
01-06-2015, 11:07
Better keep my eye on my email then, cheers bud

Speed up the process mate and they will send it today too. E-mail them and say you have been told by a friend that the Champion although it's showing in stock it isn't and he was sent the EVO instead (thats what i did as someone i know ordered it too) so will the same happen to you. You will get a reply from Tim within minutes usually.

Support@playseatStore.com

Jonny

Brent G
01-06-2015, 11:32
Speed up the process mate and they will send it today too. E-mail them and say you have been told by a friend that the Champion although it's showing in stock it isn't and he was sent the EVO instead (thats what i did as someone i know ordered it too) so will the same happen to you. You will get a reply from Tim within minutes usually.

Support@playseatStore.com

Jonny

Just emailed em now bruv, nice one for the heads up

jonnyyoung2013
01-06-2015, 11:38

Mine was ordered from here

http://www.playseatstore.co.uk/champion.html

Brent G
01-06-2015, 11:45

Sorted Tim got straight back to me, cheers Jonny much appreciated mate.

jonnyyoung2013
01-06-2015, 11:47
Sorted Tim got straight back to me, cheers Jonny much appreciated mate.

No problem

Dan77 DESTROYER
01-06-2015, 12:45

Nice rig delboy but what really caught my eye is the very very nice bmx that I used to race with hanging on your wall lol, mine had white mags though, my other bike was the same but in crome with black mags, extremely happy memory's that has just bought back seeing that bike lol

Brent G
01-06-2015, 13:01
Nice rig delboy but what really caught my eye is the very very nice bmx that I used to race with hanging on your wall lol, mine had white mags though, my other bike was the same but in crome with black mags, extremely happy memory's that has just bought back seeing that bike lol

I was thinking just the same, took me back to when my mode of transport was a Skyway BMX, damn I had some scuffed knees and battered shins back then!

Vitamin R
01-06-2015, 14:01
These wheel setups are nice, but right now I cannot justify paying for a wheel for one game. I'll just have to stick with the good ole thumb sticks.

Brent G
01-06-2015, 14:13
These wheel setups are nice, but right now I cannot justify paying for a wheel for one game. I'll just have to stick with the good ole thumb sticks.

I tried to justify it by telling myself there will be other games. Or at least that's how I justified it to the Mrs! Aswell as agreeing to decorate the entire house, god knows what I'll have to agree to to get the pedal upgrade and shifter.

stux
01-06-2015, 15:56
I tried to justify it by telling myself there will be other games. Or at least that's how I justified it to the Mrs! Aswell as agreeing to decorate the entire house, god knows what I'll have to agree to to get the pedal upgrade and shifter.

Try a half house renovation...

SchnauzahPowah
01-06-2015, 17:23
Great thread. Not yet a wheel user myself but this game deserves it, I can't hardly stand it I've gotta get one - I'm trying to hunt down a ffb wheel/pedal kit decently priced. Some great set-ups and ideas in here!

psydeviant1
01-06-2015, 22:35

yeah a bunch of wheel worthy games in the pipline , dirt rally , sebastian loeb rally , wrc 5 you'll gunna need that wheel brother, project cars alone warrants it :triumphant:

Benja190782
02-06-2015, 19:17
It just keeps getting better and better! I just got my homemade setup rebuilded, and the T3PA-PRO pedals arrived today! :triumphant:
I'm working on a new box for my TH8A shifter with parts from a real VW Golf Mk5 - this is getting REAL!! :cool:

http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/mwjhytg3nwm1ngjjzda4zmq4ndk0nguwzgqxyzcxotg.jpg
http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/mguxntvimwizzdayzjjkmdzlyjc1otaxzgq2njfhzdq.jpg
http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/ywu3otkzntkwyjvmmtg3nzbjmde3mjqwytg5ymy1oge.jpg
http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/nwzkmjm3n2u3zgeymwi4m2vmmtjhzmuxmmrmmjaxnmq.jpg
http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/mtexyta1nmu1yjfjyjdhmdk1odflzdgzztfmodrlmzc.jpg
http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/njdhnwnln2vhmtuzyzm3zta2ytm4zjy2mjq4otrmzmq.jpg
http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/yzc1mme0zgfmmjbmymq1mtm1ndlizde2mwm5zwflmzy.jpg

bigdaddyx2005
02-06-2015, 20:10
here is mine not best looking but it works.....lol...I have the cpx basherboard also for the pedals....

Benja190782
10-06-2015, 16:54
-and all this hard work just because of Project CARS! ;)
But now my rebuilt rig is finally done! And my wife actually loves it... because it's built to fit in our closet! ;)

Setup: Thrustmaster TX wheel with DSD adapter + Isotta aftermarket rim, TH8A shifter with VW Golf Mk5 gearshift knob and gearmanchet, T3PA-PRO pedals and Logitec keyboard.

http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/zwmxnwm5nge2mdhhndy1zjvmmdzmmgqzzdy5ogfjmji.jpg
http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/n2yxothiowy3mwm3ngm0yze2zmy0zwjhywuymwvmmwy.jpg
http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/otkwmgizowe5zdy4mtazntnizme0mtvmodlkmtrlztc.jpg
http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/ztkznzq0mtkzzji5zdezmtjimwnindrmyja4zje3nty.jpg
http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/ogmzmjfimde2mjfmymjlzgjkmwnimtqznze5zwywztc.jpg

Umer Ahmad
10-06-2015, 16:56
Nice setup! Except the chair :(

Robhd
10-06-2015, 17:08
Basherboards adapter, can only order them online

Been waiting for about a month for my basherboard adapter for my fanatec csr elite pedals but i do like the standard t3pa pedals with the brake mod

Benja190782
10-06-2015, 17:09
Nice setup! Except the chair :(

Year I know the chair needs to go - but I want a real leather seat from a VW and it costs about the same as all my Thrustmaster products - so it has to wait a little.. ;)

INoTroN
10-06-2015, 17:16
Year I know the chair needs to go - but I want a real leather seat from a VW and it costs about the same as all my Thrustmaster products - so it has to wait a little.. ;)

Where is the button on your wheel ?
I say that because on the xbox one you cant use the controller + the wheel at the same time.

Raven403
10-06-2015, 17:19
im sure there are lots of VWs sitting in your neighborhood as we speak, Im sure one wouldnt notice a passenger seat missing overnight......:pirate:

Benja190782
10-06-2015, 17:22
Where is the button on your wheel ?
I say that because on the xbox one you cant use the controller + the wheel at the same time.

I use my Logitec keyboard to navigate, mate.. ;)

INoTroN
10-06-2015, 19:12
I use my Logitec keyboard to navigate, mate.. ;)

Cool

Apoc112
10-06-2015, 19:41
Very nice setup, indeed... cool to see the progression as you've modified it. So you can't use a controller to navigate, but you can still use it for chat and sound?

Just ordered my TX the other day, should have it on Monday. I built a rig from PVC pipes for my fanatec setup on 360, but this time I am going with a wheel stand pro. Can't wait to play this properly!

Benja190782
10-06-2015, 19:47
Very nice setup, indeed... cool to see the progression as you've modified it. So you can't use a controller to navigate, but you can still use it for chat and sound?

Just ordered my TX the other day, should have it on Monday. I built a rig from PVC pipes for my fanatec setup on 360, but this time I am going with a wheel stand pro. Can't wait to play this properly!

Thanks mate, yes you can still use the controller for sound and chat. But we will be able to navigate some day soon I hope.
SMS are aware of the problem and are working on a solution hopefully.

Beagle Five
11-06-2015, 07:31
How is it playing with a real steering wheel? I am getting very tempted here :)

Benja190782
11-06-2015, 09:32
How is it playing with a real steering wheel? I am getting very tempted here :)

It is simply amazing! :cool:

You need to put a little more Tyre Force on to get same FFB feel as with the standard steering wheel.
But the level of realism is beyond amazing! Especially with the T3PA-PRO pedals and custom TH8A shifter!

I'm so happy I build this setup - the feel is fantastic!

EDIT: do you love cars and racing games? Buy this shit! :cool:

PTG Claret
11-06-2015, 11:23
I've mentioned this somewhere before, but:

For those who want an aftermarket rim, this adapter is awesome. It enables you to use the GTE buttons with your new wheel, therefore allowing navigation of menus etc.

Of course, you will have to drill a hole through the wheel to allow access to the d-pad, but that's no biggy. Even if you don't, you still have all the rest of the buttons at your disposal whilst racing.

http://simracinghardware.com/product/thrustmaster-gte-wheel-adapter/

Dynomight Motorsports
11-06-2015, 11:41
this my rig:

inthebagbud
11-06-2015, 12:22
Benja

I would be interested in your FFB settings as having recently took delivery of a Playseat with TX wheels I must say I am so far a little underwhlemed by the FFB. Previous to this I used the Ferrari Spider (no FFB) and I expected much more in way of improved "feeling"

I have been working though the posts http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24582-Universal-FFB-Settings-for-XB1-PS4-Spreadsheet and have experimented so far with all 4 FFB setups and as I say I am underwhelmed

Also how do you find the wheel movement as I found when turning on some corners the wheel was going 180 degrees plus to actually get round the corner. I have setup again wfollowing threads about the 900 pont setting but it just doesn't feel right.

I don't want to start another thread about FFB as this has been covered elsewhere in great details but would be interested in you settings if possible, as somebody who has clearly been very impressed

Cyphon68
11-06-2015, 14:23
Here is my rig for Xbox One:

Rig: Playseat F1 (wrapped in carbon fiber vinyl)
Wheel: Thrustmaster TX 458 Italia
Rim: Thrustmaster Ferrari F1
Pedals: Fanatec ClubSport Pedals v1 (via Basherboards CPX adapter)
Vibration: Buttkicker Gamer2 (custom mount just under the front of the seat)
Primary Screen: Vizio 55" LED LCD
Secondary Screen: LG 27" LCD
Audio: Astro A50

someone mentioned earlier that you could "map all buttons" on the F1 wheel, and while that has been my experience with it on PC, many of the buttons are redundant on Xbox One, and a few controller mappings are left unassigned, such as:

Right Stick Click
Right Stick 4-way directional
Left Stick Click
Left Stick Up
Left Stick Down

that said, I still very much prefer the F1 wheel. The Thrustmaster TX wheel is currently the best value for money for an Xbox One wheel in my opinion. Despite the heavy use of plastics, the internals are very solid, providing nearly as much feedback information and precision as its big brother, the tried and tested T500RS. Previous to the Thrustmaster TX, I was using a Fanatec CSR Elite with the same ClubSport pedals, and that has been the best experience on consoles I've had, but it came with a relatively huge price tag. Build quality is high on the Thrustmaster TX. It would appear the only area they cut corners were on the stock Thrustmaster TX pedals, and the materials used for the housings. The pedals really should be the first upgrade if you get this wheel. The stock pedals are spring driven, as opposed to load cell, so your braking force is determined entirely by the throw of the pedal, with abrupt or smooth applications making no difference. The stock pedals lack a clutch as well, but that may not be important to you if you're driving race cars that do not require the clutch to shift gears. Load cell pedals, like those found in the Fanatec ClubSport pedals are a fantastic option (especially with the brake potentiometer), but they aren't the only option. T3PA pedals are still considered an upgrade from the stock pedals, granting a 3rd pedal. Perhaps a middle ground option, should you be able to find them, are the T500RS pedals, which offer great flexibility in mounting them traditional or inverted.

My advice if you don't already have a wheel? GET ONE. They provide so much immersion and longevity to racing games that its scarcely believable until you have one.

Benja190782
11-06-2015, 15:40
Benja

I would be interested in your FFB settings as having recently took delivery of a Playseat with TX wheels I must say I am so far a little underwhlemed by the FFB. Previous to this I used the Ferrari Spider (no FFB) and I expected much more in way of improved "feeling"

I have been working though the posts http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24582-Universal-FFB-Settings-for-XB1-PS4-Spreadsheet and have experimented so far with all 4 FFB setups and as I say I am underwhelmed

Also how do you find the wheel movement as I found when turning on some corners the wheel was going 180 degrees plus to actually get round the corner. I have setup again wfollowing threads about the 900 pont setting but it just doesn't feel right.

I don't want to start another thread about FFB as this has been covered elsewhere in great details but would be interested in you settings if possible, as somebody who has clearly been very impressed

You will obviously be very surprised with my FFB settings then - because they are default all the way, and the only thing I change when racing with my aftermarket wheel is Tyre Force at 200 instead of 100.

The thing is - we all know that the TX wheel is missing something on the Xbox One version of pCARS, but some people seem to not be affected by this FFB bug. I think I'm one of them - do you got the latest firmware V48.B9 on your TX?

Anyway SMS has fixed the wheel in the next patch...

inthebagbud
11-06-2015, 18:32
Benja

Yes that is very surprising.

I have updated the firmware so it appears that I am one of the unlucky ones who is affected by the bug , so let's hope the patch fixes this as without it the money spent on setup is wasted.

I will try some more settings and see if I can improve the ffb.

Do you have steering at the 900 position as well?

Benja190782
11-06-2015, 18:58
^^
@inthebagbud: Yes I have the steering at the 900 position as well - I've also tried the "Spreadsheet" settings as well and every time I went back for the default settings, because I couldn't catch a slide anymore.

My FFB is at 100 and it feels very solid and strong, with a great feeling of curbs, weight shifts etc.
To be honest, I'm surprised that the PC/PS4 version actually feels better - I mean, how is that possible??

Have you tried other racing games with your new TX wheel, mate?

beetes_juice
11-06-2015, 18:59
Benja

Yes that is very surprising.

I have updated the firmware so it appears that I am one of the unlucky ones who is affected by the bug , so let's hope the patch fixes this as without it the money spent on setup is wasted.

I will try some more settings and see if I can improve the ffb.

Do you have steering at the 900 position as well?

Taking this from RoccoTTS (Post #65) from the spreadsheet thread.

Soft clipping half output 1.50
Soft clipping full output 0.50 These 2 are the most important settings to compensate the weak tx-wheel.

Tired this out before I went to bed and improved feedback strength. Will try more when home from work.

JeyD02
11-06-2015, 19:04

I noticed you have a shifter but pedals with no clutch! What's with that lol?

Benja190782
11-06-2015, 19:09
@JayD02:

LOL, I already have rebuilt my rig, mate - and you can actually shift manual with the TH8A shifter without a real clutch.
Now I got the T3PA-PRO pedals. ;)

http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/zwmxnwm5nge2mdhhndy1zjvmmdzmmgqzzdy5ogfjmji.jpg
http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/n2yxothiowy3mwm3ngm0yze2zmy0zwjhywuymwvmmwy.jpg
http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/otkwmgizowe5zdy4mtazntnizme0mtvmodlkmtrlztc.jpg

EIR slingbun
11-06-2015, 19:39
That's a very nice setup ya got there man! respeck!

those inverted pedals are a nice touch! i might have to see about getting the kit for my fanatecs!

EIR slingbun
11-06-2015, 19:58
Here's my humble little rig. TX base with the f1 rim or the standard. fanatec csr elite pedals and the th8a shifter (which is amazing).

Just made the base with about $40 in wood and paint with the color scheme to match my all time favorite car, the Lotus 38, driven at Indy by Jim Clark. I found the Lotus (elan, i think) shifter knob on ebay, and it fits perfectly on the TH8A. I absolutely love this game, and the thrustmaster gear has made it that much more enjoyable. Please feel free to add me on xbox (EIR slingbun).

Apoc112
11-06-2015, 20:05
I see a lot of you guys use that basherboards adapter with fanatec pedals. I had heard a few horror stories about that bricking the wheel. Anyone had any bad experiences with that, or is it all sunshine and daisies?

I really like the look of the T3PA-Pro's but that load cell on the clubsports is *legit*

It also seems like no one keeps the stock TX wheel on there. Is it that bad?

EIR slingbun
11-06-2015, 20:18
I see a lot of you guys use that basherboards adapter with fanatec pedals. I had heard a few horror stories about that bricking the wheel. Anyone had any bad experiences with that, or is it all sunshine and daisies?

I really like the look of the T3PA-Pro's but that load cell on the clubsports is *legit*

Based on what i've read at the basher forums, most of the issues stemmed from user error, and plugging things into where they shouldn't go.

I have the CSR elites and i can definitely vouch for the load cell technology. it's a completely different ballgame compared to the original TX pedals.

The Stock TX wheel works and feels great! i personally got the F1 attachment because i think it looks the tits, but i swap the stock wheel on from time to time because it's easier to use with the shifter/clutch in some of the cars. There is definitely nothing wrong whatsoever with the default wheel. I think like everything else, it simply comes down to preference.

inthebagbud
11-06-2015, 21:36
^^
@inthebagbud: Yes I have the steering at the 900 position as well - I've also tried the "Spreadsheet" settings as well and every time I went back for the default settings, because I couldn't catch a slide anymore.

My FFB is at 100 and it feels very solid and strong, with a great feeling of curbs, weight shifts etc.
To be honest, I'm surprised that the PC/PS4 version actually feels better - I mean, how is that possible??

Have you tried other racing games with your new TX wheel, mate?

finally some progress - recalibrate wheel using the keep hold theory at the end when pressing the final A that some have mentioned and I now have ffb. Spent the last 3 hours testing the spreadsheet settings and have settled on the classic but have had to double the master setting. It isn't perfect as whilst I can feel kerbs the movement of the car is not coming back, but hey its a start.

Why some have it ok on xbox and others don't is beyond me unless there has been a spec change somewhere over time. Can't remember when I got mine but think it was early, whenever skyrim came out.

I can't judge other racing games as this is the first for me.

going to hang with it and hopefully patch 1.4 will help even more. I am going to devote Saturday to a full test as I have a benchmark of 1.05 that I set with old setup on Silverstone international with the mcclaren gt - so I need to beat that to prove the investment in playseat and TX wheel has been worth it.

PTG Claret
11-06-2015, 23:29

I've still got the stock pedals, but to make then good you need to modify them. I've used various rubber blocks to add some resistance to the pedals - doing so took 2 seconds off my lap times. I got the idea from someone over on the ISRTV forums - a goldmine of info on there BTW

Here it is:

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8683/16255474213_923b4516ec_z.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7646/16668139747_780229a3f2_z.jpg

As you can see from the stringy bits, I used superglue. I'd advise using a well lit area, unlike me. I fitted it in the crap light of the conservatory, using my iPhone's light, which I dropped into the superglue, and got the fkin stuff everywhere....

stux
12-06-2015, 01:15

I replaced my Tx rim with the leather 28 for a few reasons, 1) the rubber had started peeling, 2) I wanted a round gt style wheel, 3) plastic was squeeking 4) leather :)

It's definitely a worthy upgrade, love it

Dynomight Motorsports
12-06-2015, 03:11
Learned something new today with the TX pedals. I was modding my pedals, upgrading them with a bigger spring on the brake side. I started to flip out when I realized I messed up the Brake Potentiometer. I tried like hell for an hour to get the potentiometer right, only to realized by Reading the Manual, that the Pedals calibrate on every power cycle...duh!!! Anyway I now have a stiffer spring on my brake side and both pots are working great!

stux
12-06-2015, 06:25
Learned something new today with the TX pedals. I was modding my pedals, upgrading them with a bigger spring on the brake side. I started to flip out when I realized I messed up the Brake Potentiometer. I tried like hell for an hour to get the potentiometer right, only to realized by Reading the Manual, that the Pedals calibrate on every power cycle...duh!!! Anyway I now have a stiffer spring on my brake side and both pots are working great!

Did you take any pics? Or have a link?

inthebagbud
12-06-2015, 06:51
Did you take any pics? Or have a link?

@stux - Are talking about the stock pedals with the italia? If so where do you obtain the mod kit as I find the pedals too much on the light side.

stux
12-06-2015, 06:53
@stux - Are talking about the stock pedals with the italia? If so where do you obtain the mod kit as I find the pedals too much on the light side.

Wasn't me, was dynamite motorsports

Benja190782
13-11-2015, 14:20
My modified Thrustmaster F599XX EVO 30 Alcantara wheel - since I'm only driving the BMW Z4 GT3 it just had to be done! :cool:

http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/mgfjowewztm4owm1yzrlnjy3y2q3zdk3otg3mgu1ote.jpg

beetes_juice
13-11-2015, 15:33
Digging up an old one here.

I like that BMW mod. May have to look into this when alcantara arrives.

PFalcon
13-11-2015, 16:49

Finally got my TX Leather addition wheel and pedal set this week and PCars has certainly been transformed for me. The game was great using the XB1 controller, and already was being played daily. It is now an obsession. I used to avoid the FA cars using the controller for input, as they were just too fast and too twitchy to handle. Now with the FFB wheel/pedal setup, the FA's have become a favorite car in the game. But really... EVERY car in this game becomes my favorite while I drive it. Thanks much to Wootball, nissan4ever, Jack Spade and others who spent so much time coming up with usable FFB settings and posting their findings here to help the community. Instead of taking me days to figure out workable FFB settings, I was up and racing within an hour or so (though still have to plug in Jack's settings for some individual cars I have yet to race). I read enough horror stories about TX wheel bases dying, and that certainly delayed my purchase. When I saw that Walmart.com had the Leather Deluxe available for $399 (same price as the G920 would have cost me) I just had to take the plunge. So glad I finally did! I do have peace of mind, as I spent a few more dollars and purchased the 3 year protection plan (which I normally never do).

Attaching a pic of my current setup (haven't mounted pedals yet). The racing seat is an actual Acura seat with working power adjustments :)

Dynomight Motorsports
13-11-2015, 17:20
Beetes, there is a guy on the ISRTV.com forum that sells custom Vinyl stickers on Ebay for the GTE and Alcanta Wheel. I got mine done and he even made different Center stickers BMW, PUNISHER, and MOMO (which is on my Spider wheel)
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h442/mikevoltz1/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150829_182214_zps5zuiczan.jpg
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h442/mikevoltz1/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150829_172748_zpsv3pmw8ln.jpg

Bigsteviet
13-11-2015, 18:09
OP, I'd have to agree with you entirely!

PCars with the TX458 feels brilliant. The problem is that's it's SO twitchy with the pad that I can see why many folk find it unplayable - not everyone has the budget for a 300 set-up to enjoy a console game :O

Anyway, glad you're enjoying it :)

PFalcon
13-11-2015, 18:50
OP, I'd have to agree with you entirely!

PCars with the TX458 feels brilliant. The problem is that's it's SO twitchy with the pad that I can see why many folk find it unplayable - not everyone has the budget for a 300 set-up to enjoy a console game :O

Anyway, glad you're enjoying it :)

I actually found that after proper setup, Project Cars was very playable and not too "twitchy" at all using the controller. The possible exception is the FA cars, which I was never really able to come to grips with using a controller. I just recently switched to a FFB wheel and pedals. My times are not yet consistently better than they were using a controller. Having said that, the fun/realism factor has gone up by a factor of 10X! (and I now LOVE the FA cars!)

Benja190782
13-11-2015, 20:03
I actually found that after proper setup, Project Cars was very playable and not too "twitchy" at all using the controller. The possible exception is the FA cars, which I was never really able to come to grips with using a controller. I just recently switched to a FFB wheel and pedals. My times are not yet consistently better than they were using a controller. Having said that, the fun/realism factor has gone up by a factor of 10X! (and I now LOVE the FA cars!)

So what is your controller setup? I'd really like to try it out. :D

ashasha
13-11-2015, 20:17
I've still got the stock pedals, but to make then good you need to modify them. I've used various rubber blocks to add some resistance to the pedals - doing so took 2 seconds off my lap times. I got the idea from someone over on the ISRTV forums - a goldmine of info on there BTWThat was me. :) I ended up getting the T3PA pedals and they work great, but if it wasn't for needing the clutch I wouldn't have minded sticking with the stock pedals after the mod one single bit.

hbc865
14-11-2015, 03:57
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo342/hbc865/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2062.jpg (http://s390.photobucket.com/user/hbc865/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2062.jpg.html)

nwrlchargerl
14-11-2015, 04:54
I'm looking at all of the pictures of people's setups and they look great, I'll be honest, I'm a pad user myself but there's one thing I haven't seen. Where's all of the beefy surround sound systems lol :) I have a spare room I'm my house that I'm going to kit out for a steering wheel, HD projector, speakers everywhere. I can't wait, I've pulled a few ideas from this thread, thanks everyone :D

Is there anything else that anyone can suggest to make this as epic as possible?

Benja190782
14-11-2015, 06:10
I'll be honest, I'm a pad user myself but there's one thing I haven't seen. Where's all of the beefy surround sound systems lol :)

I got a beefy surround sound system! :D

Is there anything else that anyone can suggest to make this as epic as possible?

Yes there is one simple thing that makes the experience even better!
I'm making a custom seat from a car, with springs from a real car (other springs could do it tho) so the vibration/steering from the wheel actually transfers through your body and makes the seat jump up and down a little, so it actually feels more like a real car.

I'll post some pictures later!

nissan4ever
14-11-2015, 07:24
Where's all of the beefy surround sound systems :)

I have the following
1. Yamaha RX-V1400
2. Acoustic Research Speakers
Front Towers 310HO
Center Speaker CS25HO
Rear Surrounds 206HO
3. Velodyne VA 1210 Theatre Sub (has 2 woofers, one fires at the floor & another one fires to the front)
^^^Beside my Super Nintendo is my D-Link DGL 5500 Gaming Router (round cylinder).

I also use Turtle Beach Elite 800X headsets

baznitch
14-11-2015, 08:01
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo342/hbc865/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2062.jpg (http://s390.photobucket.com/user/hbc865/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2062.jpg.html)

Hbc865 how did you fit your shifter too the playseat? I recently brought this setup myself and looking to add the shifter.

Cheers

Baz

nwrlchargerl
14-11-2015, 08:09

I'm making a custom seat from a car, with springs from a real car (other springs could do it tho) so the vibration/steering from the wheel actually transfers through your body and makes the seat jump up and down a little, so it actually feels more like a real car.

I have the following
1. Yamaha RX-V1400
2. Acoustic Research Speakers
Front Towers 310 HO
Center Speaker CS25HO
Rear Surrounds 206HO
3. Velodyne VA 1210 Theatre Sub (has 2 woofers, one fires at the floor & towards the front)

I also use Turtle Beach Elite 800X headsets

Well, I think it's time to treat myself for Xmas, gonna kit this room out ASAP :)

D3L8OY
14-11-2015, 09:15
I'm with you about how good this game is, I have the GT Ultimate Seat the Tx wheel, 3TPA Pro Pedals and Shifter, the game is amazing although I have thought that right from the start, I just don't buy into crap people spin on the forums, sure there have been a couple of bugs, but in reality compared to some other games that are released and triple A tiles as well that are so broken, this issues with this game are minimal. The one thing to remember is Project Cars is put tougher by really passionate racing enthusiasts and every time that is an issue they bust their asses to get is sorted and deliver a great game. 222045

wOoDsTeR16
14-11-2015, 10:12
http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq209/KMAwOoDsTeR16/222_zpsbgaoyvzm.jpg (http://s448.photobucket.com/user/KMAwOoDsTeR16/media/222_zpsbgaoyvzm.jpg.html)

nwrlchargerl
14-11-2015, 11:57
http://i448.photobucket.com/albums/qq209/KMAwOoDsTeR16/222_zpsbgaoyvzm.jpg (http://s448.photobucket.com/user/KMAwOoDsTeR16/media/222_zpsbgaoyvzm.jpg.html)

That top gear seat looks comfy!

wOoDsTeR16
14-11-2015, 13:55
That top gear seat looks comfy!

Its got my arse print firmly imprinted in it :)

hbc865
14-11-2015, 18:26
Hbc865 how did you fit your shifter too the playseat? I recently brought this setup myself and looking to add the shifter.

Cheers

Baz

You will need.. 1. packaging from the Playseat box 2. Gas pedal from TX pedals 3.any hard surface plastic 1.5inch square 4. Tape (electrical or duck) 5. Velcro strip (or zip ties)
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo342/hbc865/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2068.jpg (http://s390.photobucket.com/user/hbc865/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2068.jpg.html)

Take the some foam and wrap it around the metal post and wrap with tape. this will protect the powder coating
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo342/hbc865/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2070_BURST001.jpg (http://s390.photobucket.com/user/hbc865/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2070_BURST001.jpg.html)http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo342/hbc865/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2071.jpg (http://s390.photobucket.com/user/hbc865/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2071.jpg.html)

Then take the gas pedal and the 1.5 square inch flat piece and sandwich the arm strap use tape to hold in place

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo342/hbc865/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2072.jpg (http://s390.photobucket.com/user/hbc865/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2072.jpg.html)http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo342/hbc865/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2073.jpg (http://s390.photobucket.com/user/hbc865/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2073.jpg.html)http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo342/hbc865/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2074.jpg (http://s390.photobucket.com/user/hbc865/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2074.jpg.html)http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo342/hbc865/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2075.jpg (http://s390.photobucket.com/user/hbc865/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2075.jpg.html)http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo342/hbc865/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2076.jpg (http://s390.photobucket.com/user/hbc865/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2076.jpg.html)

clamp the shifter and use the Velcro or zip tie to support it this will prevent it from moving
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo342/hbc865/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2077.jpg (http://s390.photobucket.com/user/hbc865/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2077.jpg.html)http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo342/hbc865/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2078.jpg (http://s390.photobucket.com/user/hbc865/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2078.jpg.html)

this works for me ..good luck
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo342/hbc865/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2079.jpg (http://s390.photobucket.com/user/hbc865/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2079.jpg.html)http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo342/hbc865/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2081.jpg (http://s390.photobucket.com/user/hbc865/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2081.jpg.html)

inthebagbud
15-11-2015, 06:34
Nissan

I see you use the 800x headphones.

Santa must have got lost and delivered a pair early yesterday , but I must say I am a little underwhelmed .

Yes they are good quality and you can't hear anything else with them on but first reaction is well they are just headphones, not sure what i was expecting but as I say just a little underwhelmed

What is your impression

nissan4ever
15-11-2015, 07:18
Nissan

Santa must have got lost and delivered a pair early yesterday , but I must say I am a little underwhelmed .

Yes they are good quality and you can't hear anything else with them on but first reaction is well they are just headphones, not sure what i was expecting but as I say just a little underwhelmed

What is your impression

I really enjoy them. By far the best headsets I've owned to date. When I use them, regardless if it's game or movie mode. I leave them on "signature sound". The other sound fields just don't sound right. I also have my mic noise set to "loud room" for my ceiling fan.

Example, in movie mode & signature sound. When I watch the movie "unstoppable". Those trains sound terrific. I also use it with my cell phone blue tooth. Real handy feature.

Last note. After 4 months of use. The speakers now have slightly deeper bass now (which I like). Perhaps they needed to be broken in.

Bigsteviet
15-11-2015, 18:19

Beefy? lol

Come back when you have floorstanders up front!!!

Braken99
16-11-2015, 16:50
Heres my setup, Ihave a 12 inch sub beside me as well a dsounds great. I Love my TX W Project cRs. I just bought Forza 6 to try the MP44. Pretty disappointing FFB compared to PC.

beetes_juice
16-11-2015, 18:18
First sights of the Braken's mancave. :cool:

If I remember correctly you said your in one of those foldout chairs; can't believe you were doing those 8-12 hr stints in that thing.

nissan4ever
18-11-2015, 07:15
Nissan

When I play Project CARS, I have my 800X set up for signature sound.
This bottom picture is reference for my headset game volume.
Now remember, the bass response in my headsets improved after some usage. I think the bass response is great now.

Beltoon
18-11-2015, 09:41
Don't see a lot of wheel stand pro's here. Works out great for my set up. Got the basic TX wheel, an amazing couch with a wheel stand. Feels like the softest sport car seats you will ever see.

http://puu.sh/lpP1D/56eedd442a.jpg

http://puu.sh/lpP3C/b6eb39bbdc.jpg

Olijke Poffer
18-11-2015, 10:14
I have a wheel stand pro and a TX as well Beltoon.. :D and I love it.

nissan4ever
18-11-2015, 11:41
I'm rocking a wheel stand pro deluxe v2. For my T3PA pedals & TH8A shifter.

BulletEyeDK
18-11-2015, 13:31
Im using a wheelstand pro v2 together with a TX and T500 pedals, im really pleased with that setup ;)

Braken99
19-11-2015, 16:41
Yes for a while sitting on memory foam pillow when I got my wheel.. I shopped around and ended up getting a nice leather office guest chair. I may buy a sports car seat still but this seat i have now is pretty damn comfy.

hbc865
20-11-2015, 03:04
I sport the PLAYSEAT CHALLENGE its very comfy with the ALCANTERA plush, it folds with out taking the wheel off nicely too
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo342/hbc865/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2053.jpg (http://s390.photobucket.com/user/hbc865/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2053.jpg.html)

Haiden
20-11-2015, 15:47
Really enjoying the game and looking forward to more content--and possibly companion apps. :) Next year, I'm gonna add a couple butt kickers to the rig--at least one under the seat, and maybe two smaller ones mounted to the front. :)

Cheekiecharlie
21-11-2015, 00:02
wheel stand pro v2 for me too,teamed up with the g920

Derosi T2
26-11-2015, 02:42
Thrustmaster and Playseat setup.. Wish there was a way on console with in game audio sliders to tune transducers. PC users can use sim vibe. For this reason I only have one buttkicker. Has anyone heard of any new info on audio sliders for tires, rumble strips, wind, engine noise. Seems they would have updated by now222676

sublime1996525
26-11-2015, 05:18
I am jealous of everyone's setups.

Str8shooter
30-11-2015, 17:00
Here is my DIY that I built for Forza 3 when it first came out and has evolved over the years to now having an absolute blast with Project Cars.

2pfspiff
30-11-2015, 22:34

This is my set up. Looking to get a sim rig after I get my oil tank removed from my basement. Pedals have been upgraded to the T3PA Pro pedals.

sublime1996525
01-12-2015, 23:26
I ordered a TX yesterday that should be here on Dec 8th. I'm pretty stoked. Now I'm just trying not to go crazy on a rig because the wife would probably kill me. Looking at a DIY project to save some cash.

poirqc
02-12-2015, 00:00
I ordered a TX yesterday that should be here on Dec 8th. I'm pretty stoked. Now I'm just trying not to go crazy on a rig because the wife would probably kill me. Looking at a DIY project to save some cash.

I build something similar to this (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/eddys-pvc-rig-from-start-to-finish-inspired-by-simul8r-now-with-insturctions.138156/page-3#post-4468055). There's the blueprint on the first page of the thread.

Seat, from a scrap yard: 30$ CAD
PVC fitting and tubes: 100$ CAD
Bolts, etc...:30$ CAD

Gets the job done.

hbc865
02-12-2015, 04:46
Build something similar to this (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/eddys-pvc-rig-from-start-to-finish-inspired-by-simul8r-now-with-insturctions.138156/page-3#post-4468055). There's the blueprint on the first page of the thread.

PVC fitting and butes: 100$ CAD

Gets the job done.

www.playseatstore.com

for $210 bucks i would just get the playseat challenge it already comes with the mount for the TX wheel and if your wife give you lip. you can just fold it away with the wheel
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo342/hbc865/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2081.jpg (http://s390.photobucket.com/user/hbc865/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2081.jpg.html)

poirqc
02-12-2015, 13:27
www.playseatstore.com

for $210 bucks i would just get the playseat challenge it already comes with the mount for the TX wheel and if your wife give you lip. you can just fold it away with the wheel
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo342/hbc865/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2081.jpg (http://s390.photobucket.com/user/hbc865/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG2081.jpg.html)

This would be 283 $ CAD and this isn't including shipping. I'm not saying that it's a bad option. If someone is cash strained, the DIY option can work(I like my PVC rack). If you're also space strained, it's another thing.

Nickname85
02-12-2015, 14:02
This would be 283 $ CAD and this isn't including shipping. I'm not saying that it's a bad option. If someone is cash strained, the DIY option can work(I like my PVC rack). If you're also space strained, it's another thing.

It really baffles me that the prices of these items are so different. Here in the Netherlands i bought the Playseat Challenge for 189 euro, incl. shipping. Thats like 200 dollars. For that price i would recommend it over a DIY, thats 160 dollar + labor:) . Me personally i really like the look and feel of the Challenge, and it also is very comfortable for hours on end...

But if it is really that more expensive in your country, yeah i would give a DIY a try. Sometimes making something by yourself can give you even more satisfaction!

Whatever you choose, don't forget to upload a picture:)

poirqc
02-12-2015, 14:47
It really baffles me that the prices of these items are so different. Here in the Netherlands i bought the Playseat Challenge for 189 euro, incl. shipping. Thats like 200 dollars. For that price i would recommend it over a DIY, thats 160 dollar + labor:) . Me personally i really like the look and feel of the Challenge, and it also is very comfortable for hours on end...

But if it is really that more expensive in your country, yeah i would give a DIY a try. Sometimes making something by yourself can give you even more satisfaction!

The canadian dollar was worth almost as much as the US dollar not log ago. It took a big drop in the last 6 months and online stores got alot more expensive!

sublime1996525
02-12-2015, 15:08
I build something similar to this (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/eddys-pvc-rig-from-start-to-finish-inspired-by-simul8r-now-with-insturctions.138156/page-3#post-4468055). There's the blueprint on the first page of the thread.

PVC fitting and tubes: 100$ CAD

Gets the job done.

Building something like that is exactly what I was thinking. Thanks for the link.

www.playseatstore.com

I looked at the Playseat Challenge but it looks like the cheapest I can find in the US with shipping is aroung $240. If I can build something for closer to $100 I may go that route.

The price difference from country to country really baffles me as well. Even with converting the prices to the same currency there is a crazy different.

I thought about getting just a stand but spending over $100 for a pole is hard to swallow....damn that came out wrong haha. I'm leaning towards a DIY PVC rig if I can get it built for less than $100. I really like the Obutto Ozone seat and for the price it seems like a really good deal, just need to wait a bit because the wife won't be too pleased with my spending so much on a video game.

Benja190782
17-12-2015, 13:50
Just bought this new seat!
Completely new and only $58. The normal price is $291. :cool:
It's so good I instantly did 01:01:935 on Sakitto National in a Lotus 78 Cosworth!!!
http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/mje2zdkyngqzytg1yzzkmti3ode5zdbmowrlyza3mtk.jpg

http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/mzg2zgvlmje1nwrmotq4nzvhytyzmtk4mzm2mzflnjm.jpg
http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/mtbiyjbkmdu5zdcyotqzogq5mtqzogu3ngqwowqwzwy.jpg

Dan77 DESTROYER
17-12-2015, 15:39
Nice looking seat

Benja190782
13-02-2016, 17:59
Well, once again I did a rebuilt of my TH8A H-shifter - this time with a piece of sturdy rubber that I cut out and drilled.

This "custom plate" provides an EXTREME sense of realism, because I've made these little "wings" so you really feel that "clunk" when you put it in gear - exactly as in a real car! :cool:

http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/otm0zjc4zmi4mdfhmzgwnjyyzti5odawogiyodllzgq.jpg
http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/yti3otzhytjlotvhnwm5mwq0mdgymmnjnjcwmji5mjy.jpg
http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/yzvlmgi2njjlnmnkyteyy2qxmdmwntbjnzbkzdm2zja.jpg
http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/zmi2zte4mjawmwrkmdk3mwy1mdblnmy2ntfmngi3n2m.jpghttp://share.xboxlife.dk/file/mznlnwvkogq3zdziodmwmzrhmtrhytq2nwu2zdkzowi.jpg
http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/nti3mte4mtywowizmjblzjfhmzk0zthhztvjmdgzmgm.jpg

D3L8OY
13-02-2016, 22:20
I totally agree with the wheel purchase, The day I got my wheel setup I went out a week later and got the 3TPA Pro pedals, the Shifter, the 599 Alcantera wheel and the F1 Wheel, then a new rig, I am now selling all my Thrustmaster gear and updating the Fanatec which arrives on Tuesday. This is all because of Project Cars on the Xbox. Next purchase is a new gaming PC so that I can get into more Sim racing, but I want to thanks the Project Cars team for introducing me into the world of Sim racing and how great it is. Also thank you for killing my bank balance....Love this game.

Lethal 556
14-02-2016, 00:48
Well, once again I did a rebuilt of my TH8A H-shifter - this time with a piece of sturdy rubber that I cut out and drilled.

This "custom plate" provides an EXTREME sense of realism, because I've made these little "wings" so you really feel that "clunk" when you put it in gear - exactly as in a real car! :cool:

http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/otm0zjc4zmi4mdfhmzgwnjyyzti5odawogiyodllzgq.jpg
http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/yti3otzhytjlotvhnwm5mwq0mdgymmnjnjcwmji5mjy.jpg
http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/yzvlmgi2njjlnmnkyteyy2qxmdmwntbjnzbkzdm2zja.jpg
http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/zmi2zte4mjawmwrkmdk3mwy1mdblnmy2ntfmngi3n2m.jpghttp://share.xboxlife.dk/file/mznlnwvkogq3zdziodmwmzrhmtrhytq2nwu2zdkzowi.jpg
http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/nti3mte4mtywowizmjblzjfhmzk0zthhztvjmdgzmgm.jpg

Hey Benja what brand or who makes that desk that you have your wheel mounted to and the box the shifter is mounted in? I like that, very sleek looking!

Dynomight Motorsports
14-02-2016, 01:42
Looks home built.. DIY!! :D

Benja190782
14-02-2016, 14:06
Hey Benja what brand or who makes that desk that you have your wheel mounted to and the box the shifter is mounted in? I like that, very sleek looking!

It's all home built my friend. ;)

You can order the wheel stand and the gearbox at my webshop... Naa just kidding, mate! :D

But thanks! :cool:

Dynomight Motorsports
14-02-2016, 14:24
My favorites are the DIY's and the creativity involved. I don't have $500++ dollars to spend on a rig, but building a rig is like building your own race car instead of just buying a racecar from a factory backed team. DIY guys should have much pride in their rigs and the fact they built it themselves. :D Keep it up!!!

recar deeps
14-02-2016, 22:05
Really nice setups here I always liked to see what other people use and there modifications.

Mines a little bulky but it works well.

Dynomight Motorsports
03-03-2016, 00:31
I've made a few improvements and added the T3PAs inverted.
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h442/mikevoltz1/Mobile%20Uploads/2BBE74EB-17E9-4496-88E7-0D0F117CB035_zpsavsn84rj.jpg

Dan77 DESTROYER
03-03-2016, 11:14
Nice rig, that seat looks uber comfy, my diy rig is a work in progress currently.

Dynomight Motorsports
03-03-2016, 12:09
I think I pulled that out of a Hyundai, Dan. I liked the bolsters and yes comfy for endurance races

Niki Lauda DK
04-03-2016, 14:59
My setup:

http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/y2qyy2zlzwm1zmqymdu3nmmyytrhnjy4nzu3ymrimzm.jpg
http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/zwixnwu5mtg2nzy1mmi0ztlhnzywzmzkogi5yzbmnjc.jpg

Adz200sx
04-03-2016, 19:27

beetes_juice
04-03-2016, 19:44
Not to shabby. Do like the light kit.

Adz200sx
04-03-2016, 20:10
Cheers. The misses wanted a lamp in the corner so turned my rig into a lamp, everyone's a winner.

daohaus
04-03-2016, 20:38
Beetes, there is a guy on the ISRTV.com forum that sells custom Vinyl stickers on Ebay for the GTE and Alcanta Wheel. I got mine done and he even made different Center stickers BMW, PUNISHER, and MOMO (which is on my Spider wheel)
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h442/mikevoltz1/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150829_182214_zps5zuiczan.jpg
http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/h442/mikevoltz1/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20150829_172748_zpsv3pmw8ln.jpg

please tell me who this guy is I need to change mine out porsche :)

daohaus
04-03-2016, 20:43
Here is my DIY that I built for Forza 3 when it first came out and has evolved over the years to now having an absolute blast with Project Cars.

This looks absolutely amazing, i like the open feel of the cockpit and not all enclosed like some of the other rigs that are built. I might have to re-think my build now after seeing this. Any plans?

Dynomight Motorsports
04-03-2016, 22:01
please tell me who this guy is I need to change mine out porsche :)
He's on ISRTV forums and sells his stuff through Ebay. You can message him and have him do some custom decals.
http://www.isrtv.com/forums/profile/2410-deadmaxx/

Str8shooter
06-03-2016, 00:06
This looks absolutely amazing, i like the open feel of the cockpit and not all enclosed like some of the other rigs that are built. I might have to re-think my build now after seeing this. Any plans?

Thanks!

I made that back around 2010 starting with an idea and then just ran with it. I wanted it to be functional, comfortable and look nice because it has to sit in the room all the time.
I usually don't build stuff like this so it was fun to create it. While I made a sketch and wrote down a few measurments, I don't have them anymore or any sort of plans.

I did document the process in pictures and you can see them at the link below. Those pictures go up to having the wheel for the xbox 360. As you can see by the pictures I've posted here I've added a new wheel, pedals, shifter and a few other things and documented that as well and when I find the time I plan on making a video of the complete build with a little driving to show how much fun I have.

http://www.bill-moore.com/sim/build/1.html

AbeWoz
07-03-2016, 13:14
A few pics (not great) of my set up. GoPro phone mount for pCARS Dash on the TX base.

Benja190782
19-03-2016, 18:00
F599XX EVO 30 before:
http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/mtfhmjy2nmu4zjy3zwq1mzi2zwqymmjimzkzztrmowm.jpg

F599XX EVO 30 after:
http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/mzlmodvkzwvkyzeyodbhyme4otvkmzyymzmwyzuxmzc.jpg

New OMP emblem + small OMP logo, 4 new black buttons + 1 yellow, new "Main Button" and yellow band at the top. :cool:

EDIT: another mod! :p
http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/nguxzwe2n2izmzu5mjvlodq1mdk4zmmwzdvjnwjmmmm.jpg

oscarolim
20-03-2016, 14:37
Where did you got those black buttons?

Benja190782
20-03-2016, 16:36
Where did you got those black buttons?

Hello Oscar! I'm glad you asked - it's pretty simple actually.. Number plate caps! It works perfectly and it actually looks cool!
http://share.xboxlife.dk/file/ztjlmzk4ogmwm2jlowu4zmm0zjdjnzdkmjvizgu4mtk.jpg

Btw. thank you for the great website, Oscar. I use it almost every day. Thank you! ;)

oscarolim
20-03-2016, 17:34
That's a good reuse for those caps :) great idea indeed.
And thanks for the compliments of course.

Didd31
22-03-2016, 13:12

elemal
11-02-2018, 22:50
How did you mount that omp emblem and where do i get one?

dadstaxiservice
02-11-2018, 19:18
Hi there, do you mind me asking what you used to create the white, red & blue strapping on your BMW modded wheel rim, it looks great ;).