PDA

View Full Version : Workaround for Freetrack support (temp fix)

JSNFARRELL
09-05-2015, 08:26
I've been at this for hours and looked around for a solution since release without any luck.

Here is a workaround for Freetrack in pCARS or any other game you would require opening Opentrack temporarily for TrackIR to work.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/234630/discussions/4/613957600535310197/

I will also attach a example zip file

its a long post but nearly all the work is already done for you minus a few steps

This will execute and close all the required programs (in order)...
the .bat messages display small notes on what to do...
the paths and 32/64.exe can be changed using common sense

If someone else runs across another solution for Freetrack in pCARS (no trolling comments about buying a NP kit please... this type of stuff is just another hobby) please share!

Thanks, Farrell

JSNFARRELL
09-05-2015, 08:32
From my Steam post...

1. Install Freetrack if you havent already
(C:\Program Files (x86)\FreeTrack)
http://www.free-track.net/download.php?id=FreeTrack_V2.2

2. Install Opentrack to the Freetrack folder
(C:\Program Files (x86)\FreeTrack\Opentrack)
https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack/releases/download/opentrack-2.3-rc9/opentrack-windows-2.3-rc9.zip

3. Configure pCARS64, Freetrack, and Opentrack to run as Administrator
- navigate to installation directories,
- right-click the application.exe,
- click Properties,
- click the Compatability tab,
- CHECK Run As Administrator
- apply changes

4. Configure Opentrack for pCARS
- run Opentrack (as admin)
- set Tracker = PointTrack_1.1
- set Protocol = Freetrack_2.0
- set Filter = *empty*
- save and close

5. Configure Freetrack for pCARS
- run Freetrack (as admin)
- create a pCARS pofile
- set pCARS profile up (to each their own)
- set Output = Freetrack + TrackIR Interfaces
- unCHECK Confirm Close under Global
- save and close

6. Batch file included in attachments (excluded this step)

7. Make a shortcut of that .bat file and place it where ever you desire

8. Configure that shortcut to run as Administrator
- right-click the application.bat shortcut,
- click Properties,
- click the Shortcut tab,
- click the Advanced button
- CHECK Run As Administrator
- click Change Icon and paste the following into the address box
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\pCars\pCARS64.exe
- apply changes

9. Understanding what you just did
Now that you made it this far lets shine some light on things...
the way this works (to include other games if you edit the Batch file accordingly)
- you will launch pCARS using the .bat shortcut (also running all programs as admin)
- Opentrack will launch... click START within the given timeframe
- pCARS64 will launch... make your way to the track ASAP
- Freetrack will launch... dont enable tracking yet
- the .bat window will walk you thru what to do next
- you will have 5 minutes to hit the track in helmet cam (enabling TrackIR support)
- wait until you hear a *TONE* before enabling Freetrack tracking (pause/resume hotkey)
- Opentrack will close therefore passing off TrackIR to Freetrack
- Freetrack will now communicate with TrackIR without device confliction at this point

MABlosfeld
11-05-2015, 17:13
look this video
https://youtu.be/hf4z6iZUb5c
movement with facetracknoir is perfect
I am trying here but the game does not recognize the application

eracerhead
11-05-2015, 17:41
MABlosfeld: you need to be in Helmet cam for FTNoIR to work. If you're already in cockpit view, change view twice more and you'll see the helmet overlay.

JSN: Just for my own curiosity, why take all these steps to make Freetrack work when you can just use OpenTrack itself? Less steps and to me the functionality is the same. OpenTrack is made by the same people after all and is a newer development. IIRC, Freetrack is no longer supported. FYI, I use the point tracker plugin for FTNoIR myself, and think it works just fine.

MABlosfeld
11-05-2015, 20:39
MABlosfeld: you need to be in Helmet cam for FTNoIR to work. If you're already in cockpit view, change view twice more and you'll see the helmet overlay.

JSN: Just for my own curiosity, why take all these steps to make Freetrack work when you can just use OpenTrack itself? Less steps and to me the functionality is the same. OpenTrack is made by the same people after all and is a newer development. IIRC, Freetrack is no longer supported. FYI, I use the point tracker plugin for FTNoIR myself, and think it works just fine.

EraCerHead:
Freetrack does not work on windows 7 64bit
FaceTrackNoIr only works in clarity and I play at night in low light
OpenTrack not know you could give me more information?

JSNFARRELL
11-05-2015, 21:54

Because Freetrack (for some odd reason) will not communicate with Project CARS... the ONLY way it will work is if you open/start Opentrack (using Freetrack2.0 protocol), jump in a race, close Opentrack, then open/use Freetrack.

Freetrack is compatible with devices that Facetrack and Opentrack are not... WiiMote for example (100fps, wireless, IR tracking)

Trust me I wouldnt be going thru all this troubleshooting if other tracking apps (all of which I have and tested) worked... I have moved things around, tried many configurations, etc...
Project CARS is not the only game that requires users whom need Freetrack support to open Opentrack, the game, then Freetrack to work.

There are many people doing these steps every time they restart the game MANUALLY... which is where I got the idea for this batch execution... this batch literally turns it all into one step.

BTW - Only reason this was a long write-up is because people whom have no clue what they are doing need all the info they can get... this prevents them from waiting around for me to help them get it working.
Just something I tend to do (habit from being military tech support and the go-to guy for PC related stuff) because I'd rather knock this out now than to spend the next week walking people thru it.

You aren't the only one whom wonders why I compiled a batch to do all this for users... sure more will come!
- Not everyone has the same TrackIR setup, software, etc... this is for those whom require Freetrack for compatibility (like myself)
... no different than any other hardware/software compatibility issue.

JSNFARRELL
11-05-2015, 21:56
EraCerHead:
Freetrack does not work on windows 7 64bit
FaceTrackNoIr only works in clarity and I play at night in low light
OpenTrack not know you could give me more information?

Freetrack works on both Win7-Win8.1... I only run 64bit... was using Freetrack in 7 for years and now in 8.1 for nearly a year.

My setup:
- Windows 7_x64 / Windows 8.1_x64
- Freetrack v2.2
- WiiRemote (has to be the Nintendo brand)
- Bluetooth adapter (has to be compatible with ToshStack)
- Toshiba Stacks drivers (BT)
- Homemade 3-point trackIR clip

eracerhead
11-05-2015, 22:17
Freetrack is compatible with devices that Facetrack and Opentrack are not... WiiMote for example (100fps, wireless, IR tracking)

Gotcha; just wondered if it was a simple preference for FT on your part. Obviously there are other compatibility issues in your case.

There are many people doing these steps every time they restart the game MANUALLY... which is where I got the idea for this batch execution... this batch literally turns it all into one step.

Good community effort on your part then; thanks for educating me in the process.

JSNFARRELL
11-05-2015, 22:39
Gotcha; just wondered if it was a simple preference for FT on your part. Obviously there are other compatibility issues in your case.

Good community effort on your part then; thanks for educating me in the process.

Yep... looks like I'm not alone either. Not sure what these other guys been using (requires Freetrack too) but its becoming more common.
Can't wait for Opentrack to support such hardware...

Thanks! No problem.
what we need now is the guy behind all this to educate us on how Opentrack manages to get Freetrack to work at all.
You'd think it would be as simple as using Opentrack's .dll/drivers within Freetrack (basically bringing it up to date) but it isnt that easy (I've tried many things)

MABlosfeld
12-05-2015, 00:02

You have a tutorial on how to make it work OPENTRACK???

MABlosfeld
12-05-2015, 01:21
Hey guys could make it work, now I enjoy myself, great job, thank you.

MABlosfeld
13-11-2015, 10:54
Freetrack/OpenTrack stopped working after patch 6.0

edit: returned work

johan84
11-07-2017, 05:50
This method work in this version of Windows 10 (CREATORS UPDATE) (https://i.gyazo.com/1e0e407ae6219064bb03c3d1fd3359c4.png) ?? Dont Works for me, i formatted my computer, before i have Windows 10 Annyversary update and works fine. now dont works to me in the CREATRORS UPDATE.