PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer 'Clubs' - Is this something that is planned?

Tristicles
09-05-2015, 09:30
Hi all,

I was wondering if PCARS was thinking of implementing a social element, to the game that would allow groups of drivers to easily see when each other are on/arrange race days, I know the typical response will be 'add good drivers you find online to your friends' however if you are like me, I have terrible name memory and can't remember who I play what with, especially as people can change their gamer tags.

To make an awkward comparison, see Forza Horizons 2 where there is a club system, I'm not thinking of levels etc, just being able to join a group with friends/good drivers to see when they are on (so you can race together). As a nicety it would be great to be able to make leagues in-game/future date races, however this isn't as important in my eyes as the whole club thing to see who is on to race with.

As you can see on here and other places, there are multiple people trying to do a similar thing with websites/forums trying to do a similar thing and its all a bit niggly and well... not good, mostly because there are so many with very few players joining each (the region of like 2 or 3 mostly), so it would be great to have something as mentioned about.

Any thoughts/anyone know if this is something planned?

ThreeAngryOwls
09-05-2015, 10:51
I've personally not heard of anything about this, but I know a lot of people, including myself, would appreciate it. Being able to add members, post notices and event details about upcoming sessions. Would make managing leagues and events a lot easier and better organized. :)

+1 on this from me.

Tristicles
09-05-2015, 11:13
Found the interview I couldn't earlier... quote;

"XBP: Will there be team racing?

Andy: The game will not ship with team racing but it is their intention to get the network profile performance stats, add a spectator mode, commentary mode etc so a true league and team racing setup could be utilised by gamers rather than a makeshift experience."

http://www.xboxplayers.com/project-cars-preview/ - Xbox players interview with Andy Tudor

ThreeAngryOwls
09-05-2015, 11:18
Great news! Thanks :)